IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree that Zenit will be desperate to let him go. The Russian league is awash with cash, Arshavin is already on £50k per week and even a deadline day bid would need to be, I'd say, above £16m to get him. And that's Zenit dropping the price by a third.

We have looked at him after the nice things he supposedly said after we beat them in the UEFA Cup last year but to be honest, I think he's a luxury we can ill afford on the pitch. At 27 he has risen to prominence very late in his career, had a very good season last year but prior to that, had anyone on here heard of him/ touted him as a useful addition to the squad?

I think we only have room for one luxury in our team and that's Arteta.

As good a player as he has looked form what I've seen of him, I don't think it's only his agent and Zenit that have priced him out of a move. He will have some responsibility in this somewhere. This summer he has gone from only wanting to move to Barcelona, to almost joining Spurs, to now only having Valencia interested, and that is dependent on them selling Villa. Maybe there's a little life's lesson in all of this for him?! Regardless of this, he can still pick up his £50k a week at Zenit, and that's not the sort of place you don't pull your weight!!!!

Not playing (but he is on the bench) against United tonight.

I think he's off somewhere (but not to us).

You need also to take into account buying from the Russian league that they've already had half a season....if he (or anyone) joins a club with fifty or more games to go he's going to be fucked come Jan :) .

But if we got him then what would be the need for Moutinho , only one can fit into the squad, and we couldnt leave one on the bench, only if we put castillo on the bench,

so who would you prefer Moutinho or Arshavin

This is all under the huge assumption that we could afford both! If we can't raise £20m for Joao, how the fuck do we raise £42m for both!

As for who i'd prefer, probably Joao. Still young, not as mercenary, wages won't be as much of an issue, and we would get a better selling price in the future.

This is all under the huge assumption that we could afford both! If we can't raise £20m for Joao, how the fuck do we raise £42m for both!

As for who i'd prefer, probably Joao. Still young, not as mercenary, wages won't be as much of an issue, and we would get a better selling price in the future.

Thats what i said only one could fit into our squad, how the hell can we afford both :P i was just sayin if we had to have one who would it be, id rather have Joao myself