IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great performance by Arshavin tonight. He is the best player at the Euros and against a quality team like the Dutch, he basically tore them to pieces.

I would agree with some of the earlier notes - we needed to try to move quicker but let's be honest, if you were Zenit, you wouldn't be selling to anyone until after the Euros if at all !!

I would blow the whole of the transfer budget to get him and Manny.

Some thoughts on other players we have been rumoured with :

Engelaar - Not good enough

Arda Turam - Good player but how many Turks have been successful in the Prem

Kallstrom - Couldn't even get a game for Sweden and they were poor

Moutinho - good little player but not sure we need another little player. Arshavin is much better for prob similar money

Veloso - Was very poor in his only game of the tournament

Lewandowski - Not good enough

Cmon Moyesy - pull a rabbit out of the hat and get Arshavin signed up.

Jason

Engelaar - Not good enough

Moutinho - good little player but not sure we need another little player. Arshavin is much better for prob similar money

dont agree with that mate, I thought he looked class in the game I saw him play, except for when he got took off at half time, he is the perfect replacement for cars imo, we couldnt wish for a better situation because it sounds like he is going to leave and I think the premiership could tempt him even if he does like the german league.

Moutinho is a class act, he would be just as good as arshavin given a year in the prem imo

We probably won't get him, he's far too good for Everton in all honesty. We just refuse to sign players of that quality because Kenwright doesn't know what day it is and Moyes is scared of spending more than 5 million.

Moyse is not scared of spending 5 million so dont be silly look at the yak n johnson and this transfer window he will spend big n get us in the top 4 so dont be so negitive. IMWT COYB

Yes, While Andrei "Kanchelskis" Arshavin was the obvious name Pavlychenko was absolutly immense, classy and a good engine (he destroyed that crossbar in extra time) but i reckon we're full with regards to strikers to be honest.

Plus we'd have to compete with barca for this chap. He'd walk into our team - we'd make room if there was the slightest chance of signing him - that def mid who should have been sent off looks a more realistic signing - kolodin or something - he looked good and what a shot on him!

may aswell close this thread now, will probably sign with one of the big 4 for some ridiculous wages and sit on the bench all year

why? IF we are after him then until he signs for someone else or signs a new deal at zenit then the threads usually stay open.

And stop being so negative.

Arshavin just isn't going to happen after last night. Their team is full of players I'd take though - Anyukov the right back would answer my prayers, Zhirkov would solve out left midfield problem, Kolodin is a monster with a ferocious shot, and then there's Pavlyuchenko (although, he would infuriate with his miss 5 to score one policy).

According to the Guardian there is a clause in Arshavin's contract stating he can leave for £10m:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/ju...russia.euro2008

If this is true we are still in with a shout. Only negative side is that he can probably demand a higher wage.

Got to agree with randomness regarding Pavlychenko. He looked quality - had great work effort, young and had a great engine and with a bit more time would improve his finishing. Don't want to side track though as we have not been linked with him.

Just based on last nights game, one plyr stood out for me...Kolodin. Still young for a CB, great shot and puts his foot in, great marking too. Maybe if we could get him here we may have a chance with Arsh otherwise think he's got arsenal written all over him (esp if hleb goes).

Arshavin just isn't going to happen after last night. Their team is full of players I'd take though - Anyukov the right back would answer my prayers, Zhirkov would solve out left midfield problem, Kolodin is a monster with a ferocious shot, and then there's Pavlyuchenko (although, he would infuriate with his miss 5 to score one policy).

I wanted us to look at Zhirkov last summer; he'd be a great addition to our midfield. Good ball skills, creative on attack, obviously a two-way player since they've been filling him in at LB, and has some size too. Don't know why we wouldn't be interested, unless we've already made a discreet inquiry and found out he either wants to stay in Russia or would be too expensive to sign.

surely no one thinks we have a realistic chance of signing arshavin?

Why not? were a promising team with a chance to push the top 4, playing in europe and also we have one thing the othes dont, we're his favourite team and we can promise him regular football unlike teams like chelsea where hell be sitting on the bench

the only thing that will mean he moves is if he gets a lot more money than we can offer him.. but like David Villa said money isnt everything in football and i think other players are staring to relise this now

Edited by Johnny Bryant

Russia playmaker Andrei Arshavin has told Spanish newspaper AS he has had offers from clubs in England and Germany but admitted "what I really want is to play in the Spanish League, in the Primera Division." (Press Association, 1036 BST)

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has told Scolari to forget signing the Portugal midfielder as he is ready to sanction a £20m bid for Russian playmaker Andrei Arshavin. (Daily Star)

we've made a huge mistake...

I agree with chicago, 6 months ago he stated that he would like to play in the premier and specificaly mentioned Arteta as someone he would like to play alongside, if we had gone for him in january and done a pre contract jobbie with him to sign after the Zenit Cup final game he could have been ours BEFORE THE EURO CUP STARTED. 6 to 8 million was mentioned as a possible fee.

Now i think we can forget him because the bigger clubs are coming in and his transfer fee has more than Doubled.

Its typical of the Everton board to ponder over the transfer budget until all the good players have been snapped up, i can see David Moyes getting a bit fed up and moving on to another club, and who would blame him, it seems Everton are more concerned with getting a cheap stadium before sorting a team out good enough to play in it.

As usual the supporters mean nothing and always come last in the importance to the club.

I think we're stretching it a bit if we think we're the only ones that were interested in him back in Jan...he did say (although this is obviously Babel Fish translation and so very unreliable)...

“From a concrete proposal a foreign club. In the meantime, I speak literally,” there is interest, but offers no “. Many interested clubs from the English and Spanish championship. But if you ask, what would I choose, then everything will depend on the particular club . Priority is given a stronger team. “Everton” is quite suitable. Maybe I could prove it. I find it difficult to say where the better. In doing so, I do not think that in Spain worse. This is not the subject of life and of my emotions and desire. I want to come to a new team and play there. But to be one hundred percent sure, of course, can not, that will play. If I buy for big money, then of exactly will fall regularly. On the other hand, for small money I hardly sell “

Got to bear in mind that at the time Everton were the only possible interested party that he'd played against, and also that he was immensly grateful to us at the time because if our weakened team hadn't taken AZ's unbeaten home record then Zenit would have been out of the UEFA. Think he was bound to say nice things about us.

I think if we'd gone in and tried to tie him up a lot of others would have followed.