IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was talk a while back that Arshavin was willing to take a wage cut to come to the Premiership.

And that he would like to play alongside Arteta, and that he would cost between 5 and 8 million.

I suppose we cant believe everything we read, but it would have been nice to get him before all the speculation sent his wage, and the transfer fee higher and higher.

Nothings ever that straight forward if your an Evertonian. :)

While it may be good for us if he looks well off the pace tonight, I don't think it would be good for the tournament. I think Russia against the Netherlands would be a much more interesting quarterfinal as both teams like to play attacking football. But I do wish we'd signed him much earlier. I imagine he would have been available for 8 or so before the UEFA cup final and now is probably at least 10. We knew his qualities months ago so I wonder if it isn't a wage issue.

From the BBC site, "This is brilliant stuff from Russia and it's all about Andrei Arshavin."

....and...

"Andrei Arshavin, playing his first game of the tournament after suspension, inspired a superb attacking display."

Fuck :( .

He was absolute class tonight. He is the complete attack midfielder and could play up front if need be.

----------------------Yak---------------------

---------Cahill---------------Arshavin--------

Pienaar--------------------------------Arteta

------------Defensive Mid Anyone?-----------

Lescott------Yobo---------Jags--------Neville

--------------------Howard--------------------

he was astounding tonight.

man u dont need him

arsenal kinda need a midfielder

chelsea dont need him

liverpool dont need him

everton need him

aston villa may need him if they lose barry

spurs dont but will always be lined up regardless who the player is

newcastle are always lined up even though they are shite

man city only have money, they have no talent so theyl be linked

we have the outstanding favour

i say he joins us after euros.

This is why I hate this time of year. We have all talked about signing him on TT for ages now and once again our lack of getting anyone to sign will either cost us more money or we will lose out to another club. We have seen all season what this lad can do and I'll be particularly disappointed if we don't sign him. Getting fed up :angry: Please prove me wrong!

I don't think we will get him at all now an thats just based on last nights performance. We knew his quality's before the euro's an should have acted quicker but as we always do we wait it out 2 long an loose out 2 either a bigger club or another paying more money. He's defiantly going 2 cost alot more than he would have now an if Hleb leaves arsenal yeno who there guna replace him with. He will suit arsenals playing style an obviously he will want 2 play in the cl. So i think we have missed out on a realy good player yet again. Just my 2 cents

im getting really f****d with this.. why cant we try and sign anyone early instead of pissing around with our money and buying second rate players in the last few days of the transfer market when all the good players have gone or signed new contracts. I understand that we have to be wise with our money because our owners a cheap scate and never gives it out but this is what scouts are for.. get them out in the season the when the transfer markecomes around we can actually sign some quality :angry:

People are complaining about not moving quick enough, its worth noting that the trnasfer window is not open yet and we have only ever just been linked with Arshavin by the press, we don't know how serious Moyes is about him and also alot of teams have been linked with him for a long time. Not one single team have made an offer or genuine approach for him yet. He may come to us, he may go to someone else, but its too early to be complaing about the transfer window when almost every single team in the league have been very very quite so far.

post of the day jamie, its depressing reading posts about how depressed people are about the transfer market, Let it open. Your like old people moaning the asda isnt open at 8:55 when its opening time is at 9.

i have to admit that I am antsy about this one.

He can put in the cross, can score, work the channels, and he is use to less than perfect service.

Sounds like the perfect fit (especially the last part *looks at Neville :D )

I'd be perfectly fine if we continued to bolster the midfield to swap AJ to West Ham and bring this guy in. He seems tailored just like Cahill and Carsley to the 4-5-1.

Info on the transfer window, for those who are under a misapprehension and think differently to me.

"The system has been used in many European leagues before being brought into compulsory effect by FIFA during the 2002-03 season. There are two windows per season, one from the close of the season until midnight of 31 August, and one from midnight on 1 January until midnight on 31 January the same year".

Think thats pretty clear, we should have had players signed up by now.

He's not scared to spend the money he just like doing it. Tight as cramp that Moyes bloke.

Sorry have to disagree. Admittedly Moyes is cautious with the cash, but when you only have a small budget, isn't that just prudence. He spent big last summer in Baines (£6m for a left back) and Yakubu, £11.25m. They were avaialbe and filled a void.

No one knows whether Moyes has anything up his sleeve, and even if all this talk of Arshavin saying he wants to come to us is even true. If he fits the bill and we can afford the price and salary then I am sure Moyes will try and get him.

As others have said, have a bit of patience. He hasn't let us down so far. I mean after all the talk of Nugent last year? Would we be all jumping that he was value at £6m now? Have a little faith, and I am sure Moyes has his targets.

Oi, whats wrong with nugent? :D

But agree with your post, most fans are trigger happy when it comes to transfers. See a player linked and want him signed the next day - come back to the real world. Plus, as already said who says Moyes is even interested in him? There is a good feeling in the dressing at Everton, would he want some £15m big headed whizz kid to come in and spoil it all? *cough* Ronaldo *cough*