IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

like what jamie said, he was a pundit last night.

I said to my mate hopefully he is scouting at the same time tho.

Arshavin was my MOTM last night, ran rangers ragged, was imence. He looks the type of player who would quite easily fit in such a free flowing football team such as arsenal so it would be superb if we was to get him.

Ah i didnt realise he was a pundit, i was switchin between watching the game and doing my geography coursework so i didnt see it all. But yeah lets hope we can get the cash for him because Man City are now sniffing around and they will have no problem collecting the required money :( .

I thought both the centre backs were great for them, and Arshavin showed his class switching all the time, he played wide right, wide left and sent in dozens of crosses that nobody got on the end of, then he came inside to lay on both goals with killer passes, the lad could play anywhere in our midfield.

He's got to be first on Davey's wanted list, cos he would be a huge improvement for us.

He has been linked with Arse and Chelski today so Moyes has to move fast

The first part of that doesn't fit with the second part. If Arsenal and Chelsea are really interested then Davey can move as fast as he likes, we won't get him :( .

Moysie has been well aware of Arshavin since he played against us and has been quoted several times talking about him. Apparently Arshavin wants to come to England and we are his first choice as he was impressed with the club since he played at Goodison. Moysie was in Russia about a month ago watching him. The boy is sheer QUALITY and just the type of player we need to step up a notch. We need to do the business soon tho cos if Russia are at the euro's his price will rocket. Go on you tube and type his name in and watch the vids.

• 3 weeks later...

Newcastle have moved for Andrei Arshavin after Zenit St Petersburg gave their Russian star a week to seal a transfer to the Premier League.

Arshavin, 27, suspended for Russia's first two Euro 2008 games, is keen to come to England and one of his representatives has spoken to Newcastle talent-spotter Dennis Wise.

Wise is speaking to Kevin Keegan about the forward, who is available for £11million.

Zenit want to end the un certainty after Manchester City cooled their interest and Everton pulled out . Di ck Advocaat's UEFA Cup winners say the player has agreed to sign with them for another season if a move is not sorted in the next seven days.

I cant understand why we have pulled out! This guy is a real talent with great pace can pass and score goals and for 11million its a no brainer! Id chose him over johnson any day. O and why do Newcastle go for every player where after im sure they wait to see who where going for then they just lash sum stupid money at the player. Scout yer own frigin players!!

FFS!! this only leaves me with 2 questions, 1) Why the fuck couldn't Moyes etc.... see that this was one of our best options this summer and 2) Why the fuck would he want to go to that pile of shit, I know he apparently wants to play in the premiership but if it was a choice between playing (not in Europe) with the Geordie scum and staying at Zenit and getting Champs League football I know which 1 I would pick!!!

Arshavin wants 80k a week so i doubt we will get him now. He is on like 50k a week in russia n on a shite load of bonus's like if you score, you get 10k, if you turn up you will get 2k if you have a piss you will get 1k. He is a very good player and i would love him but he sounds like another money greedy footballer, who doesnt care who he goes to as long as he is paid loads................................................................ Enter Newcastle

Edited by Ferguson Is God

Nobody knows, apart from Arshavin and his agent, the following

1. how much he wants

2. how much he's on

3. where he wants to go to

4. if he wants to leave

also, only moyes and the board know if we want him or can even afford him!

dont call a footballer greedy when you have nothing to back it up with.

and that also goes for the guy using the f words moaning about moyes not being interested in him anymore!

its all pure paper talk...which 90% is a load of bollocks.

if paper talk was true, chelsea would own half of the world footballing population and we would have robbie savage in our midfield.

lets see how this one pans out...

Russian football is awash with money a the moment. It is known that one of the Russian strikers is on £100k per week so I'd guess that Arshavin must be on the speculated £50k at least.

As such I'd say the chances of him coming to us are unlikely based on the financials of the deal.

At the end of the day he's doing a job and will hold out for the most money he, and his agent can get. How many players come to a club nowadays for the love of it, especially a foreign player with very little knowledge and certainly no allegiance to anyone???

It's a sorry fact that footballers, in the vast majority of cases will go to a club offering the highest money. Look at Fernandez last year with Valencia, look at every young English player that goes to Chelski.

Signing Arshavin would be a massive coup for the club and provide some much needed attacking flair, however if another club offers the big bucks I know can guess which way he'll go.

On a related note, Mike Ashley has demanded that the wage bill at Newcastle be massively reduced and according to todays papers the bar for salaries is £50k per week, so maybe they can't afford him either...???