IGNORED

Arshavin

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting as frustrated with anyone with our lack of signings this summer, but the thing is - no one (except the board) knows what's going on, for all we know we enquired about Arshavin back in January only to be told he was on £50k a week (so it's been reported) and that there is no possibility we would be able to afford the increase in wages that he would require. Arshavin himself may have told clubs he wanted to wait until after the Euros, or Moyes maybe just hadn't seen enough of him to pay £8m on a whim.

Stories in the Echo about not knowing what our budget is until the stadium is sorted is worrying, but I suppose with the credit crunch etc and costs spiralling all over the place maybe the board just aren't confident in their figures. Not many clubs have done much in the transfer market, last season we pulled out Yakubu late in the day so I wouldn't get too worried yet. Moyes must know how desperate we are for players, he will bring players in, if there's no money there then he'll probably walk - that's the worrying thing. I can't believe he would let Carsley go unless he knew he had the funds to replace him.

Arshavin looks quality, no doubt, but he does look very small and lightweight - how he'd cope in the Premiership is a little open to debate imo.

Moyes didn't let Carsley go though, he wanted to go and Moyes couldn't stop him.

personally I think if we had have offered him a 2 year deal he would have stayed, but we would only offer the one year. I can't believe he would have left if we made the right offer, he had talks with Moyes and I expect that Moyes said he was looking to bring someone in to replace Carsley and so Carsley went. That's my own personal interpretation of what went on :P

Why not? were a promising team with a chance to push the top 4, playing in europe and also we have one thing the othes dont, we're his favourite team and we can promise him regular football unlike teams like chelsea where hell be sitting on the bench

How do you know this????

Before the euros started I didn't see any reason why we couldn't get him (apart from the usual wage problem) but now it would be an absolutely massive coup for us to get him. Would rather he went to Spain then end up lining up against us next season but I guess that will come clear at some point. I've been telling everyone I know how good he is for months and almost noone had heard of him, one things for sure, they have now!!!!

How do you know this????

Before the euros started I didn't see any reason why we couldn't get him (apart from the usual wage problem) but now it would be an absolutely massive coup for us to get him. Would rather he went to Spain then end up lining up against us next season but I guess that will come clear at some point. I've been telling everyone I know how good he is for months and almost noone had heard of him, one things for sure, they have now!!!!

Arsenal have just signed Nasri and signed Ramsey (as we know!) earlier in the month.

Coupled with the fact Everton have actually come out and commented on the Bent rumours leads me to believe we are still very much interested.

Forget the stadium rather have Arshavin!

He's playing for Zenit in RUSSIA, so what gives peeps the impression that he is a big earner, is probably on about £20.000 over there and that is a very good wage for their footballers, would probably want to double his wage to come here but we should be able to pay it, if we cant offer him 40 to 50 thousand, then we wont get many big names here.

He's playing for Zenit in RUSSIA, so what gives peeps the impression that he is a big earner, is probably on about £20.000 over there and that is a very good wage for their footballers, would probably want to double his wage to come here but we should be able to pay it, if we cant offer him 40 to 50 thousand, then we wont get many big names here.

Licker they're paying big money over there now, Zenit are bankrolled by a very rich man and it's reported he's on £50,000 a week which is why he came out and said he'd be willing to take a wage cut to come to the Premiership.

who are we surposed to be pissed off with here...moyes for being a fool and not snaping him up earlier or the board for being stuburn and not funding moyes for him

oh ok almighty fountain of knowledge. We didn't realise Moyes rang you up to say he is interested in him and that he should have signed him earlier whilst in the same breath muttering the board won't give me any money anyway.

How do you know this????

it has been quoted in loads of websites and newspapers when weve beenlinked with him.. and if i can remember when he was interviewd about his future he was quoted to saying something like i love the setup here and i love the club.. im not sure on exactly what he said but it was somewhere along those lines

it has been quoted in loads of websites and newspapers when weve beenlinked with him.. and if i can remember when he was interviewd about his future he was quoted to saying something like i love the setup here and i love the club.. im not sure on exactly what he said but it was somewhere along those lines

I don't want to sound like a broken record.....broken record.....broken record.....broken record....but couple of points:

- Comments about Everton were made by the player, not Moyes. (aka David Nugent syndrome)

- Newspapers are generally not true when football transfers are in question.

Not being picky, you are entitled to your opinion - ^^ this is mine :D

I don't want to sound like a broken record.....broken record.....broken record.....broken record....but couple of points:

- Comments about Everton were made by the player, not Moyes. (aka David Nugent syndrome)

- Newspapers are generally not true when football transfers are in question.

Not being picky, you are entitled to your opinion - ^^ this is mine :D

No worries im just trying to be optimisting and think we can still sign him :P

oh ok almighty fountain of knowledge. We didn't realise Moyes rang you up to say he is interested in him and that he should have signed him earlier whilst in the same breath muttering the board won't give me any money anyway.

"fountain of knowledge" thats a good one, were did you get, the alice in wonderland books

it doesnt matter anyway now he wants to go to barca............plus moyes doesnt have my phone number and its already been said that the board wont be distributing money until the satdium annocement

Arshavin is sh!te, let's start the campaign to sign Fabregas... that's just as unlikely.

Todays bbc website places us firmly back in the hunt for players that I expect us to be linked with:

Everton are set to launch a £2m raid on relegated Leicester for teenage left-back Joe Mattock. (Various)

Just what we need, a left back... teenager... playing championship football.

Forget your superstars, bargain basement is where the action is :angry:

I'm not overly disappointed if we miss out on Arshavin, we need to spend the big money on central midfielders imo. He's 27 years old, done little in his career and has only really come into form during the last year or so. He looks a talented player, some nice tricks and vision, but at 27 he's not exactly one for the future and he looks incredibly lightweight and small (not what we need). I think if Barcelona do sign him he'll do very little over in Spain. £8m he'd be worth the gamble, but anything over £10m and I'd say forget it.