IGNORED

Fernandes

Do you reckon we'll get him back? Or is it time to leave him

Guess that's down to DM and the board, still can't make my mind up about him to be honest. Sometimes you see the bits of brilliance and at others he seems to just be running around like a headless chicken!

Edited by iggy

IMO time to leave him, did nothing when he came back (some will argue this) but I would not have him back. Also, I think he is a last resort for Moyes, if he doesn't get any of his big name targets he may get Fernandes back on loan.

He didn't set the world on fire like he did last time but the problem was everyone expecting too much too soon. The guy hadn't been playing for Valencia and was bound to be off the pace. When he was getting his fitness back towards the end of the season I thought he was brilliant. Especially against Arsenal and Newcastle. Unfortunately for some it was too little too late but if i was manager i'd try and buy him. He's young, he can obviously play football and he's the type of player we need in our squad to make the next steps to becoming a top 4 side.

I believe the deal on the loan would have been a purchase at around 12.

5 or 6 wouldn't be a gamble, it'd be a steal. If Valencia were willing to take that I'm sure he'd be signed by now. I suspect they'll take something between 8 and 10, which may be a gamble. Since we don't really know what DM's other options are it's hard to say whether ti'd be money well spent, but I for one think Fernandes will come good if he can just get into a stable side.

He has shown some glimpses of his ability, and he seems to like it here. But he is not consistant enough to take a plunge at a figure of over ten million.

I would like him back myself, but as I say not at an exhorbitant price. If the price remains high, I say let him go and look elswhere.

seems i was wrong - Moyes has recently stated that he is interested in taking Fernandes on a further loan deal. It is believed that Everton would offer Fernandes a contract if the 3rd party ownership issue could be resolved. from wikipedia.

i thought valencia when they signed him paid half to benfica and half to the 3rd party

As your Avatar clearly shows.

He is class, he is not consistant. He could be though.

I don't think he was fully fit when he first came back and it took him a while to get back up to the pace of the prem. Looked quality towards the end of the season though and controlled the game against the geordies. Would like to keep him but probably not at the expense of two or three other as numbers are important to us at the moment. If we could get him for £6m - £8m then yes!!

seems i was wrong - Moyes has recently stated that he is interested in taking Fernandes on a further loan deal. It is believed that Everton would offer Fernandes a contract if the 3rd party ownership issue could be resolved. from wikipedia.

i thought valencia when they signed him paid half to benfica and half to the 3rd party

I thought the same as Aaron, thought they bought him out when they signed him. Not sure how reliable Wikipeida will be for information as anyone could add information

Valancia paid Benfica 6 million for a 50% stake in Manuel. So if they're asking for 12 for a player who's done nothing but warmed their bench and been loaned out, then I can see why DM doesn't want anything to do with this deal. You are only getting half a player for that price. I like MF he was starting to find his old form in the last few games. I just can't blame Everton for washing their hands of this one, which ever way you slice it, its a poor deal and one that should be left well alone.

Edited by EvilG

Frankly, I'm getting really tired of all this Fernandes drama...this thing with him and the club is like watching one of your friends keep breaking up and getting back together with the same girl. I don't want him back here for yet another loan spell - we already know what he brings to the table, so either sign him up right now or move on and find someone else.

I'd have him back on loan again definitely, for midfield numbers if nothing else (although on his day he can run the midfield), but if it came down to actually laying out cash for him, I'd rather have Huddlestone if the prices were similar.

Frankly, I'm getting really tired of all this Fernandes drama...this thing with him and the club is like watching one of your friends keep breaking up and getting back together with the same girl. I don't want him back here for yet another loan spell - we already know what he brings to the table, so either sign him up right now or move on and find someone else.

Agree with what you are saying but if can sign him for another 12 month loan contract then why not do that and use the £12m or so on another player.

Agree with what you are saying but if can sign him for another 12 month loan contract then why not do that and use the £12m or so on another player.

Because he needs stability, and frankly I'd like to know he's ours and another club couldn't just come in and take him if he has an amazing season with us.

Because he needs stability, and frankly I'd like to know he's ours and another club couldn't just come in and take him if he has an amazing season with us..................Thats the problem Romey he wouldn't be ours GSI would still own a 50% share of the player. We tried to buy him outright and it failed. I for one am glad Moyes doesn't want a part owned player.

Because he needs stability, and frankly I'd like to know he's ours and another club couldn't just come in and take him if he has an amazing season with us..................Thats the problem Romey he wouldn't be ours GSI would still own a 50% share of the player. We tried to buy him outright and it failed. I for one am glad Moyes doesn't want a part owned player.

If we were signing him permanently then he would be ours because you can't sign half a player in this country. Which is why it was taking so long to sort out last summer.