IGNORED

Andrew Johnson... At Last.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they said on SSN it was personal terms holding up the deal.

Fulham have just bought another £15 million striker, all of a sudden they've got loads of money for a £30 million new strike force, i bet Bobby Zamora is feeling a bit sick at the mo, he went there for regular football, but looks like he could be on the bench again.

Or maybe not .........

ANDREW JOHNSON was expected to finally become a Fulham player today after the final details of his move from Goodison Park were thrashed out.

Everton gave the former England international permission to speak to Fulham last weekend after negotiating a deal that could net them as much as £12m.

But the transfer has been held up by a number of minor issues - one was regarding the medical he underwent on Monday - and the two clubs had to enter into further dialogue.

However, the end is now in sight and the money Everton receive from Johnson’s sale will go straight into the kitty that David Moyes already has for new signings.

The problem with the deal was that Everton wanted Fulham to pay cash or bankers cheque for the full amount, which was to be passed on to Moutinho,s Club who also wanted the money up front.

Now Fulham are re-negotiating to pay only half up front, and the rest payed in installments and appearances.

I have no idea if that hinders the MOUTINHO signing or not but it has held it up for a few Days, it will probably not happen until Fulham and Everton finally thrash out the deal and AJ officially signs.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson remains hopeful the club will be able to conclude a deal to sign Andy Johnson.

A fee was agreed with Everton for Johnson, although The Cottagers are renegotiating the terms of payment due to an old knee injury.

Hodgson has confirmed talks with The Toffees remain ongoing, but he has not spoken with Fulham officials to ascertain the latest situation.

"I think the situation is still ongoing. The transfer negotiations are still going on as far as I know," Hodgson told Sky Sports News.

Negotiations

"I haven't spoken to the chief executive today (Saturday) so I can't tell you more than that. He's the one negotiating with Everton."

When asked if Johnson will sign for Fulham this summer, Hodgson replied: "I think so. I've no reason to believe he won't."

Johnson has won eight caps for England and Hodgson believes the striker will bring undoubted quality to Craven Cottage.

"Andy Johnson is a player with great quality. Wherever he's been he's done very, very well," Hodgson added.

"He'll give us balance up front that we're looking for."

Cheeky sods trying to get him cheap, sod it send him back to Goodison!!!!

People in glass houses, we're the kings of doing this shit.

This is on footy transfer rumours;

Everton news, I have been told that as soon as the Andy Johnson to Fulham deal has gone through, Everton will complete the signing of Joao Moutinho from Sporting. There were reports stating that Johnson had failed a medical, but this is not true. The hold up was due to late interest from Tottenham, who had matched Fulham's bid after doubts about whether the Pavlyuchenko deal would go through. However, this deal is close to completion and the bid was withdrawn. Finally, Everton will complete the signing of Manuel Fernandes from Valencia for £6 million, and Javier Saviola on loan from Real Madrid.

Love to know where people get their info. Made up wild gueses?

LATEST STORY ......... Fulham want to knock £4 million off the offer because of an old injury picked up at Palace. :o

Everton have given them 48 hours to conclude the original deal, or they will order AJ back to Goodison Park.

The way i see it is he will probably be sold at a knock down price, he would be no good to us if he had to come back, especially after DM came out and said AJ wanted to go, he just wouldnt be in the right frame of mind to play here again, and i'm sure the fans wouldnt take to kindly to him for it.

Is 8 million a fair price for AJ, and is the shortfall in the money going to affect our Buying. ???