IGNORED

Alan Smith £1.75mil

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest, Newcastle is a graveyard for good players. They've signed some guys who've looked good at their prevous clubs and turned out to be wanktastic there.

I wouldn't mind signing Smith. Agreed he's not the world beater, flag ship signing that we all want, but at 3mill, and with a point to prove he could prove to be a useful squad player.

If you look for his role in the side, perhaps DM views him as the replacement for Carsley?? He still has potential I think.

He's a moyes type player i think, works hard on the pitch, comitted every game, british and fergie rated him enough to buy him therefore i think if he's availible for that figure we'll get him. Good player to have in the squad, obviously not the grand signing everyones hoping for but if he's one of 5/6 new faces i'm happy with it.

Welcome GMONEY...don't forget though that "paper signings" are no way a reflection of Moyes' targets, they are journalist opinions of who Moyes is going for but yes agree, Alan Smith is a joke of a footballer and is the type of quality Sunderland will no doubt buy.

I know what your saying, however moyes has made 2 firm bids previously for him before he joined man utd and newcastle.

For some reason I think DM likes him and I can see this one happening!!!

He's a moyes type player i think, works hard on the pitch, comitted every game, british and fergie rated him enough to buy him therefore i think if he's availible for that figure we'll get him. Good player to have in the squad, obviously not the grand signing everyones hoping for but if he's one of 5/6 new faces i'm happy with it.

Totally agree with that post.

If he's our only signing I'll be very disappointed, but for say around 2 million, and certainly on less than the 60k a week he's reportedly on at the barcodes, I'd be happy to have him.

He's never been the quickest, so I don't think the broken leg has affected his game too much, and I think he showed at Leeds that he can score goals if he plays up front consistently, so I think he'll be good back up for the Yak, if not a perfect foil for him. Vaughn and Smith could work well together though, although the chances of them both being fit at the same time are probably fairly low :lol:

Obviously he can also play as a battling midfielder, and while I don't see him as the answer to the problem we have in defensive midfield, I'd consider him decent back up in an emergency, and I'd certainly prefer to see him there than Neville.

the way things are going now i really want this to come off

the kind of player we need on the pitch now is somone who is going to battle and give everything he has got

smith can also hold down a few positions

If we can spend 60K a week for a moyes the way he has performed this pre season Smith can have his wage demands

haha^

yes on second thoughts ive just been reeding the newcastle forums and posts are coming in such as............

He shouldn't be selected on the form he's shown. I won't complain if we don't jump at every bid, but if someone comes in with £2M+, after we've strengthened the squad, we should take it.

Smith was a nice idea at the time...he is tough and committed but it just hasn't happened for him at SJP for whatever reason you know......

say thanks and send him of to everton releasing 45,000 in wages and a couple of million for a new player.

Snatch their hand off .

I'm surprised anyone's interested.

Not the things you really want to hear tbh after being linked with one of the best young midfeilders in the world moving on to this.

The people who are going to know best are the ones who have just watched him for a whole season

haha^

yes on second thoughts ive just been reeding the newcastle forums and posts are coming in such as............

He shouldn't be selected on the form he's shown. I won't complain if we don't jump at every bid, but if someone comes in with £2M+, after we've strengthened the squad, we should take it.

Smith was a nice idea at the time...he is tough and committed but it just hasn't happened for him at SJP for whatever reason you know......

say thanks and send him of to everton releasing 45,000 in wages and a couple of million for a new player.

Snatch their hand off .

I'm surprised anyone's interested.

Not the things you really want to hear tbh after being linked with one of the best young midfeilders in the world moving on to this.

The people who are going to know best are the ones who have just watched him for a whole season

GOOD POST by jake da snake. :) straight from the horses mouth, they can't wait to get shut of him the useless fooker.

he's over commited -he's to much off a hot head- we need some skill to go with arteta <_<

At the price bandied around he would be a good purchase, league title, European experiance, and English. I would have him and I reckon Moyes could turn him around. Don't forget Newcastle are dogshit we have much more playmakers of decent pedigree in our team.

Remember lads its about building a squad, and he will be a strong squad player.

Whats happened, :o FFS a week ago we were talking about players like Milito, Fernandes, Moutinho, and M'bia, now all of a sudden people are saying we should Sign Alan fookin Smith for £2 million JESUS H CHRIST, its a wonder Jason Koumas has'nt been mentioned as another signing.

We have finished 6th and 5th in the last 2 seasons we should be signing better players than these, we deserve better players than these, any signings that will not make the team better should'nt be signed at all, lets not settle for 2nd best or in Smiths case 5th best, This will be a smack in the face for all Evertonians, we would have been better keepin Carsley than buying this fella. :angry: