IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers. (home)

carlmc25

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just back,(Fucking hell yak what were you doing)

We have a serious problem... we're ok with the ball be we got murdered today without it. and our midfield wasn't capable of dominating.

Jags is not a DM and Baines needs to get his head sorted.

as for ossie... get him on the weights now!

Can't criticise any specific players, thought all those on the pitch did their best. What was to blame is the situation we are in. As someone mentioned you won't win a game with 6 defenders on the pitch.

Jags was poor in midfield (as he was in that position last season) but can't blame him whatsoever as he's not his position!

Thought Rodwell did well for his full début but again you can't expect a 17yr old to compete with season Premiership players.

If there is any silver lining to this it make force the board to act a bid faster than they otherwise would. Other than that no positives!!

discouraging performance 2day.

always on the back foot.

jack rodwell woz shite, jose baxter tried his best. arteta and yakubu a glimmer of hope in a gloomy side. yobo was decent. lescot, osman, neville nd jag didnt perform like last season. in general we were in the shit. blackburn played well, incey can be pleased. im gutted. i was in the lower gwladys at the end of the game watching all around me our faithful booing, and to be honest couldn't blame them. need a new transfer or the season's gonna be shit. were good up front with the yak but we need a replacement or a supporting striker in case he gets injured. need at least three more quality midfielders, coz osman and neville have seen their best days and im not even gonna start on our defence...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Howard - Worried me at times by not talking to the defence or coming for balls that were his

Neville - For the love of god man get some fucking composure. He hoofed the ball EVERY time he got it without even looking.

Yobo - Mostly solid. Although I don't think he won anything in the air all day long.

Lescott - DROP HIM!!!!!!! Absolute garbage he was today. He won nothing in the air and was piss poor on the ground and with his positional play. He couldn't handle Jason fucking Roberts, enough said. Yobo and Jags as our CB's for me.

Valente - I don't remember him doing much wrong tbh, but nothing brilliant either.

Arteta - Even though he scored and got an assist he was mostly anonymous, needs to take control of the game more.

Rodwell - Did well, he gave the ball away a couple of times but he never let his head drop.

Jagielka - Should never, ever play midfield again and should replace Lescott ASAP.

Baines - Looked brilliant going forward as usual and because he was playing midfield he wasn't neded to defend as much. Gave the ball away a few times though.

Osman - Didn't really get into the game really. He does not play well behind the striker and I think we knew this all along.

Yakubu - Lost interest completely at the end of the game and his stupidity cost us dearly for their third.

Baxter - Looked very bright when he came on, and our situation is that desperate I's start him against WBA.

So what have we learnt today boys and girls?

1. Lescott is not that good at CB

2. You give teams space and they'll fucking slaughter you

3. You play 7 defenders and you're going to be lacking when it comes to attacking

4. We need a proper defensive midfielder

5. We need a midfielder who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominate

6. We need a driving midfielder so we can stop with this namby pamby sideways passing and go through the middle of teams.

7. With AJ gone we not lack PACE as well as HEIGHT

There are probably more but I'm so fucked off my mind is whirring.

We got exactly what we deserved today because we were an embarrassment. Our possession play was non-existent and our movement was pitiful. You would think by playing TWO defensive midfielders that we'd be able to stop most attacks today but Blackburn waltzed right through the middle of us time and time again. If we don't get some midfield bodies in WBA are going to tonk us because they have pace and they can actually pass the fucking ball accurately. And if we don't sign anyone before the transfer window closes then we are in serious trouble.

i dont think lescott isnt that good in centre defence, i think the problem is that we played him out of position for so long its probably effected his game a fair bit.

i dont think yobo is fit, he looked tired and slow, i know he missed a lot of preseason due to what happened, but we should have enough players to cover if he isnt fit.

i think your spot on about the midfield, we need an impossing figure when we dont have the ball and a composed, inspirational figure when we do have it. mbia and moutinho would have been ideal, but whats happening there i dont think even moyes knows.

we might have to do what we always do and wait for tim cahill to pull us out of the shit

Would like to think that something would be done about the problem with having 7 defenders on the pitch before the next game.

DM was very honest with saying we didn't deserve to win and from the reports I have read and heard it could have been a lot worse

That was poor.

Bad performance today for many players.

Neville shouldnt not be on the pitch, never mind having the honour of being captain of our great club. He cannot pass the ball to save his life and not once did he look comfortable when in posession. He will never be deserve a place in the starting line up so why on earth have they gave him another few years onto his contract, its criminal. Moyes needs to look at more than how good a proffessional he is, hes fucking rubbish.

Jags looked out of his depth in the middle of the park, hes a great centre back and should not have been made to play in that position, regardless if he has in the past; hes not a midfielder. He put in some good tackles but was poor when he had the ball. I think Moyes got it very wrong with that decision.

Lescott and Yobo cant seem to play together at CB. Both play very well when there along side Jags but together its like watching Bill and Ben. Lescott should be back at LB and hopefully that will in turn make Baines wake up and realise he has to start putting in the performances.

The two young lads played well, Rodwell played extremely well under the circumstances; along side a proper central midfielder he may have been a bit more comfortable. Baxter was lively, looks a good prospect.

Its pathetic to see though a whole bench full of youngsters when BLACKBURN ROVERS have Benni McCarthy and Matt Derbyshire on the bench. They need to get it sorted because that was a very disturbing performance.

I just hope that this is the kick up the arse they all need because this just wont do. Remember Mr. Kenwright and Co. - NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM because that certainley wasnt good enough.

A totally predictable defeat when I saw our line up for the game, when the only thing we have going for us is that all our defenders are available why split the Yobo/Jags partnership. I said all along that Lescott makes too many mistakes at CB and once again he surrendered a probable win into a defeat with a crazy second goal. Yobo looked off the pace, but Lescott just switches off, he should be LB and Jags is a total joke in midfield. Arteta will always have difficulty running the game when he's stuck out on the wing and he has the likes of Jags in CM. In the second half he was much more involved when he had a free role. I'd consider playing Arteta in CM with Osman and Neville/Rodwell at the moment and have Baines and possibly Baxter on the wings. Disappointing way to lose today but just proves what we all know, until we make a couple of signings we'll struggle to win any matches. All we need is a defensive midfielder and another striker then once Cahill, Pienaar are back we'll be flying again, but at the moment we're going to have grind out wins. We had 7 defenders on the pitch today yet let in 3 goals - criminal. Get back to basics, sit and defend and ensure we keep a clean sheet and just try and snatch a win from some Arteta magic.

That really was dire. The first 45 minutes, bar one moment of brilliance, was probably the worst half of football we have played for a few years. We looked off pace, off colour. Really really bad. Our players either had a bad game or where just annonymous. I think that Yobo was one of the only shining lights throughout the game, J.Lo was simply awful.

The bench today really scared me, i mean i'm surprised that they where allowed to put Chang on there shirt as I was sure that we signed an agreement not to put the logo on junior shirts!!!

We looked very fragile at the back, god knows what has happened to the composure we had built up over the last few years.

On the plus side Rodwell looks to have a bright future ahead of him, though he isn't quite ready yet, makes a few silly mistakes we show up his age. Also Baxter looks a hot prospect, a real explosive introduction.

That really was dire. The first 45 minutes, bar one moment of brilliance, was probably the worst half of football we have played for a few years. We looked off pace, off colour. Really really bad. Our players either had a bad game or where just annonymous. I think that Yobo was one of the only shining lights throughout the game, J.Lo was simply awful.

The bench today really scared me, i mean i'm surprised that they where allowed to put Chang on there shirt as I was sure that we signed an agreement not to put the logo on junior shirts!!!

We looked very fragile at the back, god knows what has happened to the composure we had built up over the last few years.

On the plus side Rodwell looks to have a bright future ahead of him, though he isn't quite ready yet, makes a few silly mistakes we show up his age. Also Baxter looks a hot prospect, a real explosive introduction.

Class mate, faf!!! :lol:

Saw the Blackburn goals again on tv and Lescott was a disgrace, the first goal wasn't exactly brilliant - he did the same thing in Europe last year where he just stands off and lets players shoot, and then the second goal probably cost us the 3 points and was quite possibly the single worst piece of defending I've ever seen. He was playing the guy onside by about 5 yards and must have known it, then he puts his hand up and makes absolutely no attempt to track back/tackle. It wasn't the lack of signings or the youngsters that lost us the match today, it was the defense and in particular Lescott.

im not gunna say lescott played well by any means, but he also saved us a couple of times, one priceless block when howard looked beaten. i think its gunna take him a few games back in the middle with yobo to get back to the partnership we had a couple of seasons back.

its mostly frustrating when you see how good football we can play, like for yaks goal. we should be pushing on this season, shambles

Edited by StevO

im not gunna say lescott played well by any means, but he also saved us a couple of times, one priceless block when howard looked beaten. i think its gunna take him a few games back in the middle with yobo to get back to the partnership we had a couple of seasons back.

its mostly frustrating when you see how good football we can play, like for yaks goal. we should be pushing on this season, shambles

I think we all know signings or not we will be a different prospect once Cahill, Pienaar, Vaughan, and big Vic return. Arteta is a class act that free kick was out this world! It seems funny that the one thing that we have built our success on (defence) let us down today :( I think today was a wake up call for our players.

for god's sake you cant really be so hard on the players, pretty much everyone as compromised form there normal position, so its not really fair to just say they were shite...we were pretty crap, but it just boils down to numbers again. i thought baxter was good when he came on, but can't expect him to change the game on his prem début. Rodwell was okay, and at least we can shoot from outsid ethe box now, but he seemed like a safe player, just plodded around the centre to much. baines and yobo were good, just perhaps a lack of concentration on jags and jlo's part. neville was shit, and in a team where your height in midfield averages about 5"2, i cant see how hoofin it up the field is gonna work. we just needed abit more energy supportin the yak; ossy is too lightweight, and is a CM..we missed cahill, but this is where arshavin could have came into the mix.

Blackburn werent even that good, we just didnt look like we've finished pre-season yet, we need some players

:angry:

Down side.

The First 44 minutes were the closest any man will come to pain of child birth. Shocking, trully amazingly awful. Awful.

But awful cant really sum up phil neville's passing ability. I almost wanted hibbert on at right back.

Everytime santa cruz touched the ball i couldnt watch. He ran lescott raged all day long. The defence just kept making really basic errors all day long. & the fact that we had 7 defenders on the field & conceded 3 goals scares the shit out of me.

On the up side.

baxter looked good.

i got laid lastnight.

thats all i got.

I dunno why everyone is going on about having 7 defenders on the pitch and letting in 3 goals. A defender will only defend properly if they are playing in their preferred position ie DEFENSE!

On a plus side - we scored 2 great goals with 7 defenders on the pitch! :D

Steve, Lescott has had all of pre season to get used to be being back in his preferred position so he has no excuse.

yeah he wasnt at his best on sat but its only the first game of the season and ino we would av loved to av seen us win yesterday ino i was there but its not reali that big a deal that game. we didnt play our best but considering we only had 2 midfields out of 5 (jags, rodwell n baines/valente all defenders) i was expecting worse thing will gtet better. have a lil faith. COYB

I think Spurs defeat is more painful than ours and Pompey got ate alive by chelsea. Villa could be the team that finish 5th I think they have bought well so far and do look favourites to have a go a the top 4. We need our luck to change dramatically if we are going to compete, even if we buy just two players I think we will be improved.

great quotes by arteta after the game. asked about wether jack and jose have bright futures at the club; we dont need to put pressure on them, they have a lot to learn before they play, the senior players need to be having the pressure.

We need to have enough senior players so they don't HAVE to play first.

7 defenders on the pitch... 6 of them first team players... 3 conceded goals....... No excuses.......

ALL THIS SHITE HAS OBVIOUSLY JUST GOT TO THE PLAYERS

I expected a poor attacking display but to concede 3 goals was just poor.....

Season on season you only have to look at the "big teams" and they very rarely concede 2 or more goals......

I fear its just a waiting game until we get all our injured players back.......Im sure we will miss Carsley even more than we all anticipated......

And im next to some FAT BASTARD so all round a bad day on Sat FFS!!!!!