IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

South of France for sixteen days in August. Four days with my brother and his family just outside Toulouse, then we've hired a car and have a week in a gite in Ceret just near the Spanish border, two nights in a hotel in the High Pyrenees and four more days back with my big bro. Normally do Zakynthos but giving it a miss this year. Went to Tenerife alone during an extremely dark period of my life...very frightening experience so it holds some bad memories for me but it's a beautiful island apparently (I didn't see much outside my room :huh: ).

Edited by mikeo

i doubt ill go anywhere glamorous this year as me pparents have spent over 75k on loft and kitchen extensions which should have originally cost 25k and should have been finished 3 months ago.

im thinking to go to the rock festivals but all the good ones are during my exams

I go to a quite place. Not interested in all this clubing til eary hours of the morning.

We go all inclusive but don't drink the beer in the hotel as its crap but we save on the fact we can eat and drink (soft drinks) as much during the day.

Then spend the evenings in a pub near by. They habe about 8 tvs in there so akways someone on (sport wise) to watch.

Play pool as well against the owners and other people who live out there. Spoke to the guy the other day who owns the pub there and said it was nice and warm out there at the moment.

It might not be everyones idea of a holiday (and bearing in mind I hate the sun wouldnt have thought it was mine) but we enjoy it. Do nothing during the day. Go to the pub in the evening (with decent beer) till about 3-6 in the morning and then do the same again.

Looking forward to it as didn't expect to get a holiday this year as spending all our money on doing our house up.

Lol failed to mention veeesavee Hol's that I wiggled out of going to the Commonwealth Games.

The girl, kids & her family went down etc, I sadly had work committmnets..... :(:(:(

No need for tears as those who were about a lil while ago would Recall Pat Didnt wanna go anyway..!!!

A real shame as I mised out on...???? Basically Nothing..!!!

Was & had been planning ( for 2 years) a Xams jaunt back home this year.

However, Mr Ford just took all my Loot ( Though I do have a shiny new SVU to add to the stable)

So am planning to laod up the Territory & head for the Northern Territory, will hopefully ahve a lappie & wireless net by then & will provide full reports of Outback Pat's Adventures.

The kids have been told, see a Snake..Ruuuuunnnnnnnnnnn, See a Wild Pig Ruuuuun even faster, See A Croc, then it's everyone for themselves........ :lol::lol::lol:

Question and comments...

1. Adam..great detail other than where in the hell you are talking about :lol:

2. Pat (aka the croc hunter)..sounds good to me..it's on my list (reminds me of something...see next post).

3. Mac..went to Malta about twenty-five years ago, loved it..I'd like to go back.

:D:lol:

I dont think Im going on holiday this year instead im working in the VIP tent at the Open Golf Championship which is being held where I live so should be ok

And my mums just left me after staying for a couple of days. We woke up yesterday to find 6 police vans outside my flat turned on the news and saw a man had been murdered outside my front door during the night!!!!!!!!!!

We woke up yesterday to find 6 police vans outside my flat turned on the news and saw a man had been murdered outside my front door during the night!!!!!!!!!!

I moved into a new flat in Glastonbury about twelve years ago and the first night I was there the old lady downstairs set fire to her nightie and burnt to death when she got up for breakfast :o ..welcome to your new home...

Thats scary, you gettin all new aged living in Glastonbury?

It's a strange place. You can buy a healing crystal 24/7 and an African nose flute more easily than a pint of milk!! Made up of two kinds of people..three actually. The new-agers (hippies etc), the Rednecks (inbred locals) who beat up the hippies and the addicts/alcoholics who are roughly evenly distributed between the first two groups. We just watched for a year, made Joshua..then left :lol: .

Edited by mikeo

It's a strange place. You can buy a healing crystal 24/7 and an African nose flute more easily than a pint of milk!! Made up of two kinds of people..three actually. The new-agers (hippies etc), the Rednecks (inbred locals) who beat up the hippies and the addicts/alcoholics who are roughly evenly distributed between the first two groups. We just watched for a year, made Joshua..then left :lol: .

It looks a strange place whenever i see it on the TV would love to do the festival tho, remember think it was 1998 when robbie williams played the main stage while England were live on one of the big screens what an atmosphere that must have been.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

:lol::lol: ..the festival is actually at a village called Pilton (which a lot of people know)..seven miles from Glastonbury and just outside the town of Shepton Mallet. So the festival would be more accurately named if it were called "Shepton Mallet" (Known locally as Shit 'n Smellit :unsure: nice place :rolleyes: ). Doesn't quite have the same image as Glatonbury though!!

Mike and Mark, cheers for the advice boys, but I have been a few times myself and it is my favourite place in the world. Tara wants to go as she has never flown before, but once again it comes down to doing my sums and a late booking.

ATB

Mac

Had to go buy a new Gazebo for the garden as ours got completely mashed by the high winds Thursday night...more expense. But I'm selling something quite valuable on ebay at the mo so I keep checking to see what it's up to...doesn't end til next Sunday and I'm already checking every ten mins :lol: .

Edited by mikeo