IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Top ten cities in the world according to Rough Guide..

"a comprehensive and reliable rundown of the best places to travel in 2015"

• Birmingham, UK
  • Wellington, New Zealand
  • Malaga, Spain
  • New Orleans, USA
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Hamburg, Germany
  • Nizwa, Oman
  • Belgrade, Serbia
  • Salta, Argentina
  • Yangon, Myanmar

​I've got to say I've never been to nine of them but Birmingham's a shithole in my experience.

If Birmingham beats them I'd say it's a safe bet you don't want to visit the other nine.

:lol:

They're not in any order apparently.

I fancy Wellington, had a stunning girlfriend from there twenty-five odd years ago, I'd look her up to see if she still had the hots for me but the wife might complain. Killjoy :dry:.

New Orleans I'd like to see as well (second on my US list behind SF, tied with Chicago).

Got an ex-flatmate in Jo'burg so I have an open invitation there but it's a bit dangerous isn't it?

Belgrade would be interesting.

Top ten cities in the world according to Rough Guide..

"a comprehensive and reliable rundown of the best places to travel in 2015"

• Birmingham, UK
  • Wellington, New Zealand
  • Malaga, Spain
  • New Orleans, USA
  • Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Hamburg, Germany
  • Nizwa, Oman
  • Belgrade, Serbia
  • Salta, Argentina
  • Yangon, Myanmar

​I've got to say I've never been to nine of them but Birmingham's a shithole in my experience.

New Orleans? It's not a bad place, but there are so many better cities in the United States.

I live in new orleans, great city if you like spicy fried food (creole cuisine) and music. tons and tons of great music here at tiny bars for cheap. lot of culture and art, and extremely affordable. high crime and not the cleanest place in the world though.

Hamburg was nice, red light district was a hoot. nice city i had fun there.

Can't believe There isnt a city from Switzerland on there.

Just had my MRI, good news is there's no need for surgery. Some tears but nothing severed. Back to the docs in a couple of hours to see if a cast is still necessary, hoping just a support will do!

Did they give you a tissue :P?

Good news though and good luck at the docs.

Did they give you a tissue :P?

Good news though and good luck at the docs.

:lol: got me questioning my spelling there. Verdict so far is ruptured ligaments, just at the docs now. Physio starts tomorrow. Healthcare is bloody expensive over here (around 500 quid a month for us 3) but you get your monies worth if you're having babies or an idiot who misses the last step....

I live in new orleans, great city if you like spicy fried food (creole cuisine) and music. tons and tons of great music here at tiny bars for cheap. lot of culture and art, and extremely affordable. high crime and not the cleanest place in the world though.

Hamburg was nice, red light district was a hoot. nice city i had fun there.

I so badly want to go to New Orleans I would love the place, music food and the culture.

• 3 weeks later...

Never been a gambler myself but the way it works has always interested me so I often look at odds for things (eg Everton currently 33/1 to be relegated and evens to finish top ten) to see how people who have no interest or preference in the result of any given competition see things. I know prices alter depending on how much money goes on so it's not a foolproof guide in any way but like I said, it interests me.

But....how can there be a market on something that people already know the result of? There's currently apparently a "Who shot JR" style mystery in a British soap and you can bet on who did it...

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/eastenders/who-killed-lucy-beale

...but people in the production team already know surely? Course they could have filmed more than one version and had several scripts rotating among the cast (if it's not yet filmed) but some people know the answer. Madness.

Just got a takeaway and while we waited popped into a pub over the road (that we'd never been into before). Bit of a rough place with only a couple of inebriated locals in there plus a big over-friendly dog. Got chatting to the disheveled and unshaven landlord and had a real laugh though.

He had a bottle of this behind the bar...

http://shop.proofdrinks.com/products/cocablue-111-70ml-bottle-limited-release

£16 a shot. I passed; also gave the 79.9% ABV absinthe a miss.

I may just go back though (without the wife) :lol:.