IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

wow. the no headphone jack is the reason i'm getting the 6S and then next contract i'll jump to Android. The headphone jack is a deal breaker for me.

just curious, but why?

good question, i will try and suss it all out for you.

firstly, because i utilize it so much to practice music. I plug that into my mixer and my bass into my mixer and can play at all hours of the night with headphones on without anyone in my family hearing any noise.

i could pay 35 dollars for an adapter that turns the lightning into a headphone adapter, but then if my phone is dying (which i practice at night and often times my phone is almost dead from a day's use) i can't charge my phone and practice at the same time.

also i'd have to pay 35 dollars to solve a problem that shouldn't exist. All the musician/studio engineer forums i'm on people are raging hard over this and Apple will lose a lot of customers due to this. their crap innovations ever since Jobs died has people on the brink, and this is pushing many people over it.

Lastly, the last thing this world needs is more wireless signals bouncing around. Some people have a sensitivity (not me) to wireless signals and they cause migraines and headaches and other medical issues, this is making that issue way worse. There's just no need. The wired headphones are fine. Again they tried to solve a problem that didn't exist.

I've arranged a surprise 30th birthday party for my wife on Saturday, so much stress involved!

Ha, my wife's 50th next Feb and she's terrified that our kids are planning something similar (which I'm sure they are). She's determined we'll be abroad at the time, Amsterdam most probably; tough being the middle man!

Hope your party goes well Matt.

you're a good husband. i despise surprises and large groups of people so even though my wife wants both of those, my minor social psychosis wins :guns:

very kind of you to say, Mark. Fact is, I'm lucky to have someone so supportive. Gushy, I know but it's true. Been a hard 18 months and with her living so far away from family, it's the least I can do.

Flying shortly from Gatwick to Stockholm. One thing in particular I've noticed during my stay in Britain: why do so few people wash their hands after using public toilets?

I have my own theory. The only way to dry your hands is with air blowers, which are slow, unhealthy, and often don't work. So washing hands is a hassle.

At some airports in the US, both paper towels and air driers are available. I've yet to see anyone use an air drier. Why does Britain have this hatred of the humble paper towel? They're recycled so it's hardly a green issue.

Always felt the same way about toilets, but it doesn't matter how many different ways and means of cleaning your hands are accessible, there will always be those who don't.

Toilets in the 21st century should have automatic doors, because after scrubbing and drying your hands you then have to put your hands on the door handle after some peeps who have never washed.

I try not to use toilets in service stations and superstores.

Always felt the same way about toilets, but it doesn't matter how many different ways and means of cleaning your hands are accessible, there will always be those who don't.

Toilets in the 21st century should have automatic doors, because after scrubbing and drying your hands you then have to put your hands on the door handle after some peeps who have never washed.

Agreed. I've read that if you wash your hands and open the door you might as well wash your hands again. The trick is to take the paper towel you used to dry your hands with and open the door, tossing the paper towel in the bin as the door closes behind you. If no paper towels then... oh well.

Agreed. I've read that if you wash your hands and open the door you might as well wash your hands again. The trick is to take the paper towel you used to dry your hands with and open the door, tossing the paper towel in the bin as the door closes behind you. If no paper towels then... oh well.

spot on, i work at a hospital and we were trained to all do this as its the most sanitary.

my question for steve and others is this though: do you wash your hands when you touch your arm? if you're wearing shorts and touch your leg, do you go and wash your hands? so why would you wash your hands if you just touch your "unit" when going pee? if no pee or anything gets on your hands, why is it unsanitary? it's a part of your body and skin like everything else. i completely understand when "going number 2", no question there, my question is just about peeing.

it's somethign i wonder because i don't think that organ is any more unsanitary than your hands/mouth/face.

Edited by markjazzbassist

spot on, i work at a hospital and we were trained to all do this as its the most sanitary.

my question for steve and others is this though: do you wash your hands when you touch your arm? if you're wearing shorts and touch your leg, do you go and wash your hands? so why would you wash your hands if you just touch your "unit" when going pee? if no pee or anything gets on your hands, why is it unsanitary? it's a part of your body and skin like everything else. i completely understand when "going number 2", no question there, my question is just about peeing.

it's somethign i wonder because i don't think that organ is any more unsanitary than your hands/mouth/face.

Yes, I wash my hands after using a toilet but not when I touch my leg. It's quite different. It's not just for my own benefit but for the benefit of others. Would you shake my hand if my hand had just brushed my shorts? Would you shake my hand if I'd just emerged from a bathroom and hadn't washed that hand?

Those who build homes, offices, etc. should, where possible, ensure that doors open outwards, so it can be pushed open. That way, there's no need to grab a door handle. If that's not possible, I keep a tissue or cloth in my pocket for the purpose of pulling doors open (or I pull down my shirt sleeve and use that). If not, you're right: It's like shaking hands with a non-washer.

In the US, it's now quite standard for airport bathrooms to have automatic flushes, automatic taps, automatic soap dispensers, and automatic paper towel dispensers. Bathroom doors open outwards.

Yes, I wash my hands after using a toilet but not when I touch my leg. It's quite different. It's not just for my own benefit but for the benefit of others. Would you shake my hand if my hand had just brushed my shorts? Would you shake my hand if I'd just emerged from a bathroom and hadn't washed that hand?

if you don't get pee on your hand what is different from touching your leg to touching your "schwanz"? it's skin, you wash it in the shower, i just dont get why it's "special".

if you don't get pee on your hand what is different from touching your leg to touching your "schwanz"? it's skin, you wash it in the shower, i just dont get why it's "special".

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, handwashing can prevent various illnesses and infections. It can also keep us from coming in contact with E. Coli and hepatitis.
This is especially important for men to bear in mind because of perianal sweat. This type of sweat forms around the perianal area, which is the patch of skin outside the rectum. It can then spread to one’s underwear and to other parts of the body like the penis. Biology professor Pat Fidopiastis explained, “The point is that simply touching the penis in an effort to direct your urine flow can be more than enough to transfer harmful microbes to your hands, and then on to the pretzels sitting in bowl on the bar.”

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, handwashing can prevent various illnesses and infections. It can also keep us from coming in contact with E. Coli and hepatitis.
This is especially important for men to bear in mind because of perianal sweat. This type of sweat forms around the perianal area, which is the patch of skin outside the rectum. It can then spread to one’s underwear and to other parts of the body like the penis. Biology professor Pat Fidopiastis explained, “The point is that simply touching the penis in an effort to direct your urine flow can be more than enough to transfer harmful microbes to your hands, and then on to the pretzels sitting in bowl on the bar.”

thank you mike, that makes perfect sense.