IGNORED

Deadline Day Signings...get The Rumours In Here!

D-Day  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many players will we sign on deadline day?

• 8+ (madness)

For the love of all things blue, I'm saying (and absolutely hoping) 2 - and they have to be 2 good quality ones as well.

One thing is for certain...after midnight tomorrow, whatever has happened, I am forgetting every second of the past 3 months' transfer saga and thinking about backing whatever we've got in the squad with all my energy. Let's be realistic here, we were never going to be in the fight for top 4 anyway. It's all about fighting for 5th place this season and I'm not ashamed to admit it. COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

We've spent the whole summer failing to sign a player and looking like an amaturish club.

Why do you think that will change in 1 day? I voted a big fat 0.

Unbeleivably down Evertonian (and very angry with the club and it's charlatan custodians - BK and the board - T**TS!)

Edited by gazebo

I think 3.

Sean Davis, Alan Smith and Joe Ledley. Only player I would want is Ledley.

I'm going three as well the two mentioned above plus Larsson. The Barcodes have fewer players than we do right now so thank God Smith will be staying where he is.

SSN clock says 24 hours to go

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I think this has been possibly the most over-analytical summer we've ever had....and I'm getting fed up with how "down" everyone one is.....

I put 1, because the fact remains that moyes will be looking for a quality signing to bring in and it won't just be us dashing to get pen to paper in the 11th hour, everybody will be doing it, because they know they have a long half season ahead before they can make any additions, should things go tits up like they have at our yard they will need back up....

Yes, it is frustrating that Moyes has not been able to to get the quality players we wanted, and the phrase punching above our weight seems to have summed up our entire summer, but at the end of the day, are we that much worse off, bar injury, than last years team?

If we could field our strongest team last year it would have been: Howard, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Neville, Carsley, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Yakubu......colour me ignorant but once everyone is off injury why can't we field this team again? Albeit with Carsely replaced by Castillo? And this was the team that got us to 5th....

Now I can understand people getting frustrated by the fact that we were supposed to be bringing in more quality, building on a team that secured us europe places with a team that could win european competitions, and get us a higher place in the league, but at the end of the day these same players have the quality to do it again, and we've brought in cover in the form of a right back who plays internationally, an apprently world class defense mid, a striker who if fit will net us much needed goals, and a winger who looks incredibly promising and incredibly fast. As well as that, we have shown that we have talented young players desperate for experience who have potential to be very good for us.....

Moyes is making the best out of a bad situation, and asking him to secure us players on a thin budget that we can barely afford to progress us further in the prem and europe is a tall order, considering that 5th is the highest you can get before entering tough territory, the kind where billionaires can aford to stock their teams with the most expensive world reknown players so they can look at shiny things in the cupboard.

I think after tomorrow we should all re-evaluate our situation, and how hard it has been for moyes who throughout has done a fantastic job. Everton are a strong team going through hard times, and other clubs and managers know it, and we should have faith then when we have everyone fit we have a team that can challenge for 4th and do us proud...they did it last year and this year the top teams aren't showing that much sign of improvent.....2 of the big 4 played today, chelski drew with a team that hasn't won a game yet, and the red shite drew in possibly the most boring game of football ever imagined, and they drew against yet another team that are supposedly going to threaten, a team that lost to stoke...

we're nervous because we think everyone else is ploughing ahead when we haven't moved, when really, nothing much has changed at all...this has been possibly the dullest transfer window in recent memory, and given that we've signed 4 players I think we should stop moaning and be happy that we support a fighting team, who on their best can rumble with anyone and come out the other side looking as strong as when they went in. Everton is the only team in the prem that has the resolve to push through when everyone seems lost, and it's evident because we have stayed in the top flight of british football longer than any other club....

Sorry for the rant but it needed to be said, let's stop whinging and start being the proud blues we are. COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

I think this has been possibly the most over-analytical summer we've ever had....and I'm getting fed up with how "down" everyone one is.....

I put 1, because the fact remains that moyes will be looking for a quality signing to bring in and it won't just be us dashing to get pen to paper in the 11th hour, everybody will be doing it, because they know they have a long half season ahead before they can make any additions, should things go tits up like they have at our yard they will need back up....

Yes, it is frustrating that Moyes has not been able to to get the quality players we wanted, and the phrase punching above our weight seems to have summed up our entire summer, but at the end of the day, are we that much worse off, bar injury, than last years team?

If we could field our strongest team last year it would have been: Howard, Jagielka, Yobo, Lescott, Neville, Carsley, Pienaar, Arteta, Cahill, Osman, Yakubu......colour me ignorant but once everyone is off injury why can't we field this team again? Albeit with Carsely replaced by Castillo? And this was the team that got us to 5th....

Now I can understand people getting frustrated by the fact that we were supposed to be bringing in more quality, building on a team that secured us europe places with a team that could win european competitions, and get us a higher place in the league, but at the end of the day these same players have the quality to do it again, and we've brought in cover in the form of a right back who plays internationally, an apprently world class defense mid, a striker who if fit will net us much needed goals, and a winger who looks incredibly promising and incredibly fast. As well as that, we have shown that we have talented young players desperate for experience who have potential to be very good for us.....

Moyes is making the best out of a bad situation, and asking him to secure us players on a thin budget that we can barely afford to progress us further in the prem and europe is a tall order, considering that 5th is the highest you can get before entering tough territory, the kind where billionaires can aford to stock their teams with the most expensive world reknown players so they can look at shiny things in the cupboard.

I think after tomorrow we should all re-evaluate our situation, and how hard it has been for moyes who throughout has done a fantastic job. Everton are a strong team going through hard times, and other clubs and managers know it, and we should have faith then when we have everyone fit we have a team that can challenge for 4th and do us proud...they did it last year and this year the top teams aren't showing that much sign of improvent.....2 of the big 4 played today, chelski drew with a team that hasn't won a game yet, and the red shite drew in possibly the most boring game of football ever imagined, and they drew against yet another team that are supposedly going to threaten, a team that lost to stoke...

we're nervous because we think everyone else is ploughing ahead when we haven't moved, when really, nothing much has changed at all...this has been possibly the dullest transfer window in recent memory, and given that we've signed 4 players I think we should stop moaning and be happy that we support a fighting team, who on their best can rumble with anyone and come out the other side looking as strong as when they went in. Everton is the only team in the prem that has the resolve to push through when everyone seems lost, and it's evident because we have stayed in the top flight of british football longer than any other club....

Sorry for the rant but it needed to be said, let's stop whinging and start being the proud blues we are. COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!

I really hope you are right and I do agree with a lot of what you say. Mainly that we have kept the core of our team and when all are fully fit we are a match for anyone.

The one thing I worry about though is that some of our key players ie cahill, pienarr etc are weeks away from a return and even longer until they are match fit. Would like to have seen some more world class players but we are not in the market for those type of players until we get more backing from the board!!!

Right now I would even accept the signings of smith and ledley as I think we need numbers in otherwise we are going to lose too many points before we get our main players back and by then we might be to far away from mounting a serious top 6 challenge!!!!

COYB!

I'm really worried by the fact that DM & BK were in London this morning....smacks of pinning all their hopes on Obinna.

Unless they're seen approaching Heathrow with a minibus to pick up all the incoming and heading for a pre-arranged rendezvous with the Medical Team I think we should start to get ready for the worst :) .

I managed not to look at any rumours at work and have just played footie for 2 hours - I expected to settle down now and get excited about our new signings and all I see is Carlo Nash and he's not even signed!!!

Only thing that is keepin me going is that the club haven't yet stated that no one will be arriving. Call me naive but if i remember correctly Moyes did state on the last day of the summer window that all potential deals were dead earlier than this.