IGNORED

Manchester United (away)

dark

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi

Bit unlucky , though careless with the pen , but to be fair to Carrack , he didn't make a meal of it .

Again , Pienaar and Baines are linking up well , but what annoys me the most is that yet again , Arteta has failed to get into the game .

What is it with him ? Every time we have a big game , he goes missing . Fellaini is doing 3 times the work rate of him .

Time Moyes told him to pull his finger out or say hello to the bench .

Bit unlucky , though careless with the pen ,

Deffo a "big four" homer. If that was a pen then so was Pienaar's in front of the kop....but what can you do? One rule for them and one for us.

And Lescott could have had one there <_< .

And now United are time wasting....back handed compliment I guess.

Not been able to reply because of a crap laptop!!!!!

Thought the penalty decision was a soft one! We could have had a penalty near the end with Lescott, but we never ever get the rub of the green on penalty decisions! NEVER!

Boys defended well again, and I thought Utd were in control all the way through, although we caused some problems in the 1st half down the left hand side especially with Pienaar and Baines.

The positive we can take I suppose is that the Shite are now 5 points behind, and will hopefully get beat by Chelsea tomorrow! United are not as soft as that shower and I can't see them letting that lead slip!

Another clean sheet from United 12 on the trot, stuff of Champions. <_<

Indeed, but they couldn't get past us in open play so hopefully the defence will carry their confidence through to Wednesday. Couple of half chances but we weren't quite up to it today, but United (as I said earlier) are a much better side than anyone else currently. Shame, but no disgrace.

Well it's been a while since we lost!.....not half as painfull as the last, against Villa!

Everton off the back of some big games and against a team who just don't concede goals.United look a team destined to be champions....yet they could only breach us from the penalty spot.Baines seems to get better with each game, so thats a big bonus added to another good defencive display.

United are better than luckypool! Wednesday should see us back to not losing.

Need a bit more from Arteta though.

Although we lost today we where not battered as i am sure alot of teams will be by United before the seasons end as they look very good and have started stepping it up a gear.

In the recent league games we have shown we have the a great team and spirit and are no walk over and hopefully now that most of the tougher games are out of the way we can carry on getting positive results and challanging Villa and Arsenal to 5th or 4th spot. Oh and knock the shite out of the cup of course :P

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest efctaxi

Before I rant , yes I know we have no strikers ..... but still :lol:

The biggest thing we've learned today in my opinion is how mediocre our team are compared to Uniteds .

Throughout the last few weeks , I've read comments about Arteta being worth ??? Cahill being worth ??? Lescott being worth ??? etc etc , and now I hope a few have come back down to earth with their valuations .

What we have is a team that is capable of winning the league , if Utd , Liverpool , Arsenal and Chelsea were'nt in it , and we probably have some of the best players that the top sides don't need ... period , and if they did , it would be for back up .

United were totally dominant again today , and though our defence stood strong , our midfield were non existent , as were our strikeforce ( obviously ) .

When we got the ball , we didn't know what to do with it , and the only way we can score is from a set piece or a scuffle in the box if we're honest with ourselves , untill we get some strikers that can hold the ball up .

I strongly believe that in Baines , we have an attacking force down the left , and Pienaar is showing that he is probably our best footballer at the moment regarding creativity . He links up with Baines really well .

Regarding the right side , we have zero strength , and noone to hold the ball up in comparison to the left . If Arteta was as good as some say , we should be able to sweep it across both sides untill we see an option to break through , but he really isn't good enough to compete against the strong midfields of the top sides , and especially against United , unless we get a right wing player .

He seems unable to shoot from a half chance outside the box , unless it's from a free kick , and his passing tends to be backwards more often than not .

Compare that to Carrick who is always looking for a forward pass , or Gerrard .

I don't think Fellaini is injured , but just tired , after running around too much . He can't attack and defend at the same time , and covers too much ground . Getting a bit tired of the wig too if I'm honest . Much rather he looked a bit more like a thug than a muppet :)

We are in dire need of 3 - 4 players , 2 of which should be right sided options , and all should have pace .

Where on earth we will get them from I haven't got a clue , but we were well beaten today , and 1-0 is actually quite flattering .

We have a defence to be proud of , and a few good'ns on top , but I think we can forget 4th spot untill we get some money .

Who do I think needs replacing ?

Neville , Osman , Anichebe and in any big match ... Arteta

That's very unfair on Arteta mate. Remember that crappy second half of a season he had last season? That was caused by a stomach injury, and he's injured again now.

It must be horrible to be trying to stretch for balls and turn quickly with an injured stomach muscle.

Just got back from the match.

Got to be honest, didn't have high hopes coming into the game, i mean, come on, it's man utd you can't have high hopes.

Of course i'm gutted that we didn't come away with the draw that, i my opinion, we fully deserved.

But thinking about it, i'm happy with the result, we could've let 4 or 5 in, but our defence and Howard stayed strong.

Im very proud to be an Everton Fan tonight :D

I agree that Arteta does go missing more often then not but to compare him to players such as Carrick and especially Gerrard is not very fair as Gerrard is a better player to be quite honest and the sytem the shite play gives him far more freedom and Carrick is a totally different type of player to Arteta who is no better in most aspects of his game he just has a fantastic team of players around him who are a level above our own.

We really do look weak on the right as you said and it needs to be addressed if we had that and a decent striker brought in now we would look a much better team and be far more threatening and may have a very good shot at getting 5th or 4th.

Guest efctaxi
That's very unfair on Arteta mate. Remember that crappy second half of a season he had last season? That was caused by a stomach injury, and he's injured again now.

It must be horrible to be trying to stretch for balls and turn quickly with an injured stomach muscle.

I don't think it's too unfair to be honest bud .

When he's good , I'll say so , and when he's not , like in any top 4 game that I can remember , I'll also say so . He didn't have a bad stomach against Chelsea , or the reds , or against Arsenal , nor did he have a bad stomach in the first match against the above teams , but he still went missing .

Maybe it's because he has less time on the ball , or because those around him go into panic mode , but either way , it isn't working in the big matches with him .

Sorry , but it's only my opinion .

Today has given me a chance to evaluate our side at this current time. We need a right winger so the team would look like this with everyone fit.

Howard

Neville Lescott/Yobo Jagielka Baines

R-Winger Fellaini Arteta Pienaar

Cahill/Saha

Yakubu

Osman is too quiet. Peanuts and Baines have a good combo working on the left side and if we had someone on the right that does alot more than Osman working with Neville we could provide an attacking force down the right the same as down the left. Our defence is solid, in Yakubu, Saha and Vaughan we have 3 quality strikers and Howard made up for his mistake against Liverpool tonight with an outstanding performance.

Today has given me a chance to evaluate our side at this current time. We need a right winger so the team would look like this with everyone fit.

Howard

Neville Lescott/Yobo Jagielka Baines

R-Winger Fellaini Arteta Pienaar

Cahill/Saha

Yakubu

Osman is too quiet. Peanuts and Baines have a good combo working on the left side and if we had someone on the right that does alot more than Osman working with Neville we could provide an attacking force down the right the same as down the left. Our defence is solid, in Yakubu, Saha and Vaughan we have 3 quality strikers and Howard made up for his mistake against Liverpool tonight with an outstanding performance.

This subject pops up everytime Osman has to play right wing, He is not a winger, has never been a winger, and should not have to be played out of position, but just in case you havent noticed we have 7 midfielders playing at the moment so several peeps are playing out of position.

This subject pops up everytime Osman has to play right wing, He is not a winger, has never been a winger, and should not have to be played out of position, but just in case you havent noticed we have 7 midfielders playing at the moment so several peeps are playing out of position.

Osman's doing a good enought job where he is, I would rather have him than not have him :)