IGNORED

Fernandes

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't say he wants to come to Everton, just back to the Premiership.

Thats why i questioned marked the statement ;) I know it doesn't mean he wants to come here but to be fair which other teams, bar the top 4 (Which i dont think would want him) would he go? It was only an open suggestion.

I did like him when he was here but didn't know if he REALLY cared. I always got that impression from him. When he turns it on tho he is a very, very good player - only need to look at the game when he gave Arsenal players a run around to back that up. I duno what to make from "enrichening£ experience tho. But say or be shot I would like him back. £5-6m?

I think this rumor is garbage, and it's February. He's been playing and playing well for Valencia. Apparently they have a bit of a financial situation over there. Not exactly like we don't have one over here, and Valencia have other names they could part with that would ease any crises much quicker.

Now if it was a possibility and there were to be no more shenanigans then I'd have him back in a minute.

Guest efctaxi
i'd pipe him off if it would make him come back

Just checked the Karma Sutra but couldn't find that one :lol:

If it's as good as it sounds , I might just stick my boots back on myself :P

I think this rumor is garbage, and it's February. He's been playing and playing well for Valencia. Apparently they have a bit of a financial situation over there. Not exactly like we don't have one over here, and Valencia have other names they could part with that would ease any crises much quicker.

Now if it was a possibility and there were to be no more shenanigans then I'd have him back in a minute.

It is not a financial situation at Valencia Chicago its a melt down to say it nicely they have not paid most players in weeks/months so its gone beyond a few financial problems so there will be many of their players looking to go if it stays that way which it is looking like it will.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Guest efctaxi

I read somewhere that Everton were denied his elegibility to sign on the grounds that Premiership players must be owned entirely by a single party.

Is this true , and if so , how have players such as Tevez gotten through ?

Guest efctaxi

Interesting reading if it's true :)

Fernandes signed for Portsmouth on loan with a deal agreed for a permanent transfer of approximately £7 million if he fully recovered from his groin injury. A transfer was first proposed in late July 2006, but could not be concluded as Fernandes was still suffering from the injury and failed a club medical twice. In an unusual move, Benfica allowed the player to be treated at Portsmouth in the hope that he would regain fitness before the 1 September transfer deadline. After five weeks at the club, it was projected that he still needed two months recovery and so, the initial loan deal with a future fee was agreed.

Fernandes made his Portsmouth debut in the League Cup away to Mansfield Town. He scored from outside the area after just five minutes and Portsmouth won 2-1. He went on to make sporadic appearances for the club throughout the first half of the season, with Sean Davis and fellow Portuguese international Pedro Mendes the preferred midfield pairing. It was later revealed by Pompey manager Harry Redknapp that if Fernandes were to make three consecutive appearances, it would trigger a clause in which Portsmouth were obligated to sign the player for £12m. Because of the high transfer fee, Portsmouth revealed in December that unless Benfica were to compromise on the fee they would not make the transfer permanent. Fernandes returned to Benfica in the winter transfer window.

In January 2007, Fernandes joined Everton on loan until the end of the season.[5] He also signed a long-term contract with Benfica in January 2007.[6] The deal was complicated due to Fernandes being part-owned by a third party agency, but he eventually made an assured debut for his new club in the 1–0 win over Blackburn Rovers on February 10, 2007, and quickly became something of a fans' favourite at Goodison. He scored his first league goal for the club on 24 February against Watford. On 28 April 2007, Fernandes scored his second Everton goal against league leaders Manchester United. The goal, although spectacular, was not enough as Manchester United would go on to score four times in the final half hour of the game, winning 4–2.

With Everton manager David Moyes reluctant to pay Benfica's reported £12 million asking price, Fernandes returned to Benfica in 2007, where he had several good performances during the pre-season. On August 8 2007, it was reported that Everton had made an offer of £6 million for the player.[7]

On August 13, 2007, it was confirmed by both Everton and Benfica that Fernandes was the subject of an acceptable bid from the English side, believed to be £6 million for Benfica's 50% share in the player, with Everton having to negotiate with Global Sports Investment for the other half of Fernandes' playing rights. Later reports indicated Everton were willing to pay £12 million for 100% of the rights.[8]On 14 August, it was reported that he had flown to the Merseyside to complete the deal after being left out of the squad in Benfica's game, and he attended Everton's match against Blackburn on 25 August.[9]

Adding to the fact the player's rights were partly owned by an agency, the Premier League did not agree to the transfer as Everton would only half-own Fernandes' contract. Everton were not too happy about this as the league had previously let Carlos Tévez and Javier Mascherano move to other clubs under the same agreements.

However, in a late twist on 26 August, Fernandes opted to sign a six-year contract for La Liga side Valencia CF, in a deal worth up to €18 million (£12.2million) to Benfica.[9][10]The deal included a €60 million get-out clause for Valencia in August 2007.[11]

He made his debut as a substitute during a 2–1 away win against UD Almería on 2 September 2007, and ended the season with 7 league appearances, 5 in the starting XI.[12]

In January 2008 he was loaned back to Everton, until the end of the season, with the club having the option to sign the midfielder permanently.[13][14]

Back at Valencia for the 2008-09 season, new Valencia coach Unai Emery declared Fernandes as part of his plans. He played as a substitute in the first game of the season against Real Mallorca, in a 3-0 home win. On October 5, 2008, Fernandes scored the only goal in a win at Real Valladolid, his first with the club.

Bit of a saga in anyones vocabulary :huh:

Edited by efctaxi

• 3 weeks later...
Manny can do one as far as I am concerned. This so called great player idled his way round when here last term. If he was right for us then Moyes would have signed him, no thanks he is lazy

i agree, thought he showed a bit of class at times but always seamed like he couldn't really be arsed. Moysey would have seen this and as a good work ethic is what he goes for in a player, its probably why he's not here (at least on loan) now

don't know the guy personally but my instincts tell me bellend

I can only really echo what has been said in the previous posts about Fernandes, if Moyes wanted him hard enough then he would have splashed the cash with that option to buy clause. He showed some moments of class and that goal against Manchester United won't be forgotten, that strike was excellent, the problem I have with Manny is that his work rate wasn't up there. He would get the ball, do something magic and then dissapear from the game for 10-20 minutes which isn't good enough. We have Pienaar who is working his socks off and doing just as good of a job as him.

For me Manny can stay at Valencia (or wherever he is at) because he's not someone that would work in the team. Moyes knows that because he's been here twice and failed to impress enough to get signed.

I can only really echo what has been said in the previous posts about Fernandes, if Moyes wanted him hard enough then he would have splashed the cash with that option to buy clause. He showed some moments of class and that goal against Manchester United won't be forgotten, that strike was excellent, the problem I have with Manny is that his work rate wasn't up there. He would get the ball, do something magic and then dissapear from the game for 10-20 minutes which isn't good enough. We have Pienaar who is working his socks off and doing just as good of a job as him.

For me Manny can stay at Valencia (or wherever he is at) because he's not someone that would work in the team. Moyes knows that because he's been here twice and failed to impress enough to get signed.

We did :blink: Manny pissed off to Valencia because of all the shite surrounding the deal.

Yeah, Manny sat in the background for three days waiting to sign, but Everton looked as tho they couldnt sort it so at the last minute Manny jumped on a plane to Spain, Everton had 6 months while on loan to sort it but left it too late. Typical cock up.

• 4 weeks later...
Manuel Fernandes broke his leg and is gonna be out for the rest of the season. Prediction is that he'll be out for 4 months, meaning next August. Could this mean a change in Valencia's position, especially giving the fact that they're very short on cash, forcing them to sell players?

I guess so, Valencia are having a massive clear out and he could now be one of the players that they are going to sell. I'm sure that of he did come then there would be a great improvement in the squad. It would be step foreward for us, the players that we have been linked with so far have been good but I think that Manny has already proved himself to be a great influencial player.

(Y) for me :)

With the clear-out going on at Valencia does that mean that the Liverpool/David Vill saga will start again? :mellow:

Well now that he is injured he certainly meets our criteria.

:lol: Great shout mate.