IGNORED

Man U (semi-final)

Romey 1878

Poor game, brilliant result!

I can barely speak today my throat hurts so much, great atmosphere before and during the match, the Mrs said we (The fans lucky enough to be there) sounded awesome, barely heard the other lot.

Can't wait for the final.......... :D

We[re on the march with Moysies army

We'e GOING BACK to Wembley....

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on my knees in the shoot-out. Felt totally isolated because my internet was down but just incredible result.

United probably should have got the penalty, but the "shoulder to shoulder" on Ossie from one of the twins was plainly not...they get given.

Massive respect to the crowd, kept us going when some of the lads looked out on their feet.

Couldn't believe Pip stepping up for a pen, he said his last one was as an under 11 and he missed it so vowed never to take one again.

TC respect for going first, Baines I had great faith in and he didn't let us down....immense from JV and then Jags got his Stuart Pearce moment. Total legend.

Tim Howard, two saves...not difficult ones but you often see them go in.

Davey Moyes. What can I say, a step from Blue immortality :) .

Neville's penalty wasa great one. Right in the corner and out of reach from the goalkeeper had he chosen that way. Baines' hit the bar but was still a great penalty, Cahill's was something similar just too high. Vaughan made sure that his hit the back of the net and with all the pressure on Jagielka he put it in with no fuss and showed what a fantastic player he is.

Fell to my knees when the goal went in, I don't remember what happened after that. All I remember was the goal going in, Jagielka running towards the Everton team and me facing the floor in exitement. A great penalty shootout and even though Howard had to make two easy saves he saved them. He chose the right way and made sure that they stayed out. Ferdinand's penalty wasn't too bad to be honest. A calm penalty into the corner that was just too simple for Howard.

Here's comes the final. I wonder who will wear blue.

Just back home from it now, ended up with a ticket in the UTD end just past the half way line, what a day the blues fans where brilliant from when I got there at 1 o'clock wembley way was packed with Blue noses, they where singing "Wembley Way is full of Scousers", I was gutted i couldnt get a ticket in the blue end it was buzzin all he way through the match, put the UTD fans to shame. The whole team was great, not one player played badly, cant wait for the 30th COYB!

Poor game, brilliant result!

I can barely speak today my throat hurts so much, great atmosphere before and during the match, the Mrs said we (The fans lucky enough to be there) sounded awesome, barely heard the other lot.

Can't wait for the final.......... :D

We[re on the march with Moysies army

We'e GOING BACK to Wembley....

I cudnt breath properly last night, i think the muscles in my neck were cramping, not only that when Howard saved Berbascuffs penalty, i jumped that much i pulled a muscle in my side....good fucking times :D

the music sounds so familiar, does anyone know which movie it's from?

It's Aquarium by Camille Saint-Saëns....think it was used in the Harry Potter films.

Just needed something to fill the silence in the slo-mo and it seemed to fit with Ronaldo writhing in...er...agony :rolleyes: .

I'd like to start off by saying how proud I am of my fellow Evertonians who made Wembley absolutely rock yesterday, it was a pleasure to play my own role in the stands. I'm also proud of the players for getting us to the final, they made me go mental in the stands when we won! Also, Wembley is an amazing stadium and if you ever get the chance to go then definitely do it. I was in awe. Hopefully I'll be going back there on the 30th of May to watch us lift the FA Cup :D .

I was so pissed off when I found out the Manure side. For all Fergie has spoken good about us before the game he treated us with contempt with that line-up and didn't see us as a threat at all. I wanted us to win even more from that point onwards. In truth it was a terrible game wasn't it? Not much in the way of opportunities or any great skill. We resorted to hoofball on far too many occasions in the first half and it invited pressure on us. We were fortunate that Manure didn't really do anything with all their possession. We also went through short periods of the game when we'd completely stand off them and give them acres of space, I was shitting myself! Going forward we were very one dimensional and when Pienaar tried creating anything it usually broke down because of lack of support from the rest of the midfield and Saha being shite.

Howard - Didn't have much to do in the game but a great performance in the shoot-out. I was worried when it went to penalties because he looks shaky but he was great for us.

Hibbert - Woeful. He had me covering my eyes all the time because his positional play was terrible ("what the fuck is Hibbert doing?"). Also, he stagnated our right hand side because he didn't provide any support for Osman so Ossie was having to come inside with the ball, meaning if an attack broke down then we were easy pickings for Manure down our right.

Jagielka - Apart from getting away with the penalty he was superb for us. It was very fitting that he should be the one to book our place in the final after the season he's had so far. YOU SHALL NOT PASS :D .

Lescott - He was immense for us. Everything that came his way he dealt with excellently.

Baines - A good game for him after a couple of dodgy games recently. Brilliant getting forward but his crossing let us down too often.

Osman - It was a bit of a strange performance from Ossie; he drifted in and out of the game. He'd be influential for a couple of minutes and then completely disappear.

Neville - Did his job (as captain and DM) perfectly yesterday. He's just so consistent for us and never wavers from his duties. We needed him to step up yesterday and he delivered.

Cahill - Because he can't get forward as much now it's harder to notice him tbh. I didn't think he was at his best for us; a little lacklustre and tired, but he put a shift in.

Pienaar - That's two excellent performances in a row from him IMO. He was a spark for us yesterday and was always looking to move us forward. It's a shame the rest of the team weren't on his wavelength when we were attacking. Also did his defensive work to perfection. I have no idea where he gets the energy from! My MOTM.

Fellaini - I thought he had a good game without standing out. His passing was generally good, good hold up play, took the ball from Manure players when they were in good attacking positions on a few occasions. He didn't win enough headers for a lad of his size IMO though.

Saha - Shit.

Excellent day all round from our 6am start to getting home at 12.45am on Monday morning. Great time in the Wetherspoons in Kingsbury, great atmosphere outside and even better from our end inside the ground, well done to all. Admittedly the game wasn't the best and maybe the fact the Fergie changed his team so much had a negative affect on us as we would have been preparing for the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo etc to have taken some part but hey lets not be churlish when all that matters in the cup is getting through to the next round. Roll on May30th.

p.s if anyone was watching Setanta sports around 3pm yesterday afternoon, yours truly was interviewed by Setanta on yesterdays game and where I was in 1995, when we last won the cup, my claim to fame. :D

Edited by The Beard

Guest efctaxi
Excellent day all round from our 6am start to getting home at 12.45am on Monday morning. Great time in the Wetherspoons in Kingsbury, great atmosphere outside and even better from our end inside the ground, well done to all. Admittedly the game wasn't the best and maybe the fact the Fergie changed his team so much had a negative affect on us as we would have been preparing for the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo etc to have taken some part but hey lets not be churlish when all that matters in the cup is getting through to the next round. Roll on May30th.

p.s if anyone was watching Setanta sports around 3pm yesterday afternoon, yours truly was interviewed by Setanta on yesterdays game and where I was in 1995, when we last won the cup, my claim to fame. :D

Nice :D

BTW - I was told there was a bit of trouble between fans , but I've not heard anything about it on the news , so presume it was RS bull .

Was that you with the beard???? :D

BTW - I was told there was a bit of trouble between fans , but I've not heard anything about it on the news , so presume it was RS bull .

Never saw or heard anything about that personally, doesn't mean that there wasn't the odd incident somewhere I guess but all I saw on the day were both sets of fans mingled together around the stadium and on the tube.

I seen one incident. A United fan punched a blue and the police had to let him through the barrier so he could go a different way.

On another note; AJ was at the final with his kid and his kid was in the full Everton kit! Nugent and Barton were there too.

Always good to see, as mentioned before I met Andy King and Martin Dobson, also saw Unsy, Sharp and Watson. I think my seats where behind where the club has purchased tickets for ex-players. It was bloody brilliant.

Which block was that Jamie? Asking cos I saw Alan Ainscow and another face I recognised (possibly Derek Temple) at the top of the stairs of entrance K. I was in block 545 i.e.cheap seats so was surprised to see any ex players so high up.

Always good to see, as mentioned before I met Andy King and Martin Dobson, also saw Unsy, Sharp and Watson. I think my seats where behind where the club has purchased tickets for ex-players. It was bloody brilliant.

I got pissed with Andy and John Bailey in the Wedding House pub, Pownall Square many years ago. Wasar is a great lad, full of fun and blue to his heart, JB was just magic and a piss head.

I know Mikel was there and I thought I spotted Killa in about the team but did anyone see the Yak and Vic, looked but didn't notice either of them

Yak, Vic and Jo where all there. I'm pretty sure everyone was. It shows so much more solidarity within the team that even injured players are attending, or Jo ( who can't even play in the competition, and will most likely not be here next season) was clearly delighted at the end of the game. This is in comparision with United who's players who don't feature just don't go.

Anyone who was there and got a programme should read the "My Team Mates" section for each club, Jags wrote ours and VDS wrte there's. Jags was funny and open about players, maing jokes and making light. VDS was simply, "He plays up front and scores goals. A great asset." Brilliant insight there Edwin.