IGNORED

Lorik Cana

i wouldn't say he was a great tackler or passer, he's just someone who flies in...felli does that too doesn't make him good at it. cana is a decent player but he's nothing special. i've always said it, mbia's the better player. he's gone yeh, but doesn't automatically mean cana is a good buy.

I cant remember ever seeing Fellaini fly into a tackle, all his bookings have been for stupid fouls like tripping someone when he doesnt need to or for persistent fouling

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am inclined to agree with Craccer on this one now. Poeple are claiming he will be our very own Roy Keane, when in matter of fact he is closer to a player like Nicky Butt and not really what the club is crying out for. He would be entertaining for opposition fans to watch, but I have a feeling that we would lose patience quickly.

cana flies in yes, but very rarely if you watch french football as often as I do then you will see how often he flies in and how often he makes great tackles. Cana flies into tackles when his team are losing, he gets the crowd going and starts to show the team his passion, somehow the team then starts to get back into the game. Watch some matches where marseille are losing and youll see how often cana makes a tackle that raises the crowd and how often they come back to win.

It may seem stupid but that is what we are lacking sometimes, I mean when neville made that tackle on ronaldo last season, he flied in and that got the fans fired up and on the teams side which raised the teams performance in the match. That is why we need cana he can be that inspiration towards the fans and team.

cana flies in yes, but very rarely if you watch french football as often as I do then you will see how often he flies in and how often he makes great tackles. Cana flies into tackles when his team are losing, he gets the crowd going and starts to show the team his passion, somehow the team then starts to get back into the game. Watch some matches where marseille are losing and youll see how often cana makes a tackle that raises the crowd and how often they come back to win.

It may seem stupid but that is what we are lacking sometimes, I mean when neville made that tackle on ronaldo last season, he flied in and that got the fans fired up and on the teams side which raised the teams performance in the match. That is why we need cana he can be that inspiration towards the fans and team.

A bit like phil neville last season (I'm sure we all remember!) I'd take some more of that.

Has anyone seen any reports connecting Cana to Liverpool? I've heard from different people now that Benitez have been trailing him as well, and Madridistas are hoping that Liverpool getting Cana will free up Xabi Alonso for a transfer to them.. Is this all just speculation?

to be fair to the lad he's not a bad player don't get me wrong, he's been very important to a successful Marseille side for a few years. all i'm saying is that people are overrating him based on youtube, he's a good player but at that level...to put things in perspective ' you can't turn a ho into a housewife' and/or 'you couldn't turn alex nyarko into patrick vieira'...the same applies here. Marseille are a club on the up at the moment, and they bought a better player in Mbia. that doesn't mean Cana isn't a good player, but top 6 Premiership? hmmm I'm not convinced, I think he's middle table standard, he'd be good for Spurs or Blackburn or someone like that.

you say that, but m'bia nearly moved to stoke

Has anyone seen any reports connecting Cana to Liverpool? I've heard from different people now that Benitez have been trailing him as well, and Madridistas are hoping that Liverpool getting Cana will free up Xabi Alonso for a transfer to them.. Is this all just speculation?

id think so

Lorik Cana says he will back out of a move to Hamburg should Everton launch a last-gasp £6million bid in the next 24 hours.

The Marseille midfielder was supposed to complete a move to Germany over the weekend, but a late hitch put the move in doubt.

The 25-year-old is set to leave the French club this summer, with Marseille having already splashed out on another Everton target, Stephane M'bia, as a replacement for the Albania international.

Cana, who has also been watched by Tottenham and Arsenal, said: 'Everton are interested, they are a very good club. I also have other options in Italy.'

Everton also maintain an interest in Cardiff's Joe Ledley.

Im a big fan of him. Im really hoping we will have that 6m to do some good business. Jump from France to EPL is big, but i really believe that captain of Marseille is capable of doing that. Wow i really believe we could have a chance to have a player(already known player) who some other team would want aswell. This is pretty realistic i think and for another holdng midfielder i think he would be very good option. Hes lot more than just a mad man with crazt tackles with will scare shit ouf of opponents, hes an influential footballer at first!

I assume you read LIVERPOOL RUMOUR MILL at the top of the story...... DIRTY RED........ ....... they also call him a TOUCH tackler..... LAZY AGAIN

Edited by DangerMouse

I assume you read LIVERPOOL RUMOUR MILL at the top of the story...... DIRTY RED........ ....... they also call him a TOUCH tackler..... LAZY AGAIN

Yeah, but I've read these rumours on Real and Liverpool forums on a larger swedish football fan site, but this was the first paper link I've seen at all.. Makes you wonder what they're getting it all from..

Im just lookin forward to fifa if we get Cana, noone will get past him....slide tackles galour! i understand people questioning Cana's ability, personally i think he would fit in really well into our team, i think he's got that desire to win and the inspirational character that we need in the middle. If our back four see that they've got someone like that in front, im sure they aswell as Howard would feel that little bit more comfortable. Especially as a few goals we did conceed last season were from outside the box after our boys backed off...i dont think Cana is the sort of person to 'back off'. i still think with his chamions league experince, never say die attitude and obvious moments of class, he's a snip at 6mil. But again thats my opinion and im sure many disagree. Naughton and Cana this week, and i will be happy :)

nevilles a great leader but doesnt seem a motivator and this guy does! hard as fuck an all and agree with the above i cant wait for fifa if we get him :lol:

I carnt agree with that..... He leads by example and has got the team going on many occasions when things were not looking great.......

Is neville going to get a game if we sign Cana? Future captain if this comes off. I would like ot see pip moved into a coaching role because as much as I think he lack technical ability I think his skills are moe in man management.

I think if the signing came off he would be Nevilles long term replacement....Havent got a clue what would happen in the meatime..... maybe Arteta on the right with Neville and Cana in the middle

Edited by DangerMouse

I think if the signing came off he would be Nevilles long term replacement....Havent got a clue what would happen in the meatime..... maybe Arteta on the right with Neville and Cana in the middle

go no atleast i'd hope not, if that was ever our starting line-up in a home fixture i would be embarassed. we need some sort of creativity in the middle. Mikel and Cana would be first choice IMO and neville would move to RB.

go no atleast i'd hope not, if that was ever our starting line-up in a home fixture i would be embarassed. we need some sort of creativity in the middle. Mikel and Cana would be first choice IMO and neville would move to RB.

I was thinking along the lines of 4-2-3-1 With 3 attacking midfielders.... Arteta on the right Screech/cahill in the center and Pienaar on the left....

I dont think we will get him anyway.... Im guessing hes just using us to get himself more money @ Hamburg

I was thinking along the lines of 4-2-3-1 With 3 attacking midfielders.... Arteta on the right Screech/cahill in the center and Pienaar on the left....

I dont think we will get him anyway.... Im guessing hes just using us to get himself more money @ Hamburg

Naughton--Lescott--Jagielka--Baines

Fellaini--Cana

Arteta--Cahill--Pienaar

Yak/Jo

Doens't look to bad, but i think some games an other system might work better.

I was thinking, with Jagielka out at the beginning of the season, and since we have alot of good midfielders, we could try a 3-5-2 or maybe a 3-4-3??

Naughton--Lescott--Jagielka--Baines

Fellaini--Cana

Arteta--Cahill--Pienaar

Yak/Jo

Doens't look to bad, but i think some games an other system might work better.

I was thinking, with Jagielka out at the beginning of the season, and since we have alot of good midfielders, we could try a 3-5-2 or maybe a 3-4-3??

fellaini is not a defensive midfielder so he cant play there

I was thinking maybe

howard

naughton--lescott--jags--baines

rightmid--arteta--cana--pienaar

fellaini/cahill

Yak/Jo/Saha/vaughan :D