IGNORED

Fulham (away)

dark

24th May 2009  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome of the Fulham game be?

• Win
    • Loss
    • Draw

Versus: Fulham

Venue: Craven Cottage

ToffeeTalk say: Win

Result: n/a

ToffeeTalk commentator: TBC

Streams: http://atdhe.net/7284/watch-fulham-vs-everton

Everton's player of the year Phil Jagielka has revealed that his side have their eyes firmly affixed on Sunday's climactic Premier League match at Fulham, in an attempt to ensure a fifth place finish, even though the FA Cup final is less than a week later.

Everton's current position in the table is under threat from Aston Villa who play relegation-threatened Newcastle on the same day, a match that the Magpies must win to have any hopes of remaining in the top-flight.

"There's no way the players' focus is on anything but getting a result at Fulham, the England international told the Liverpool Daily Post. It would be easy for them to be thinking about Wembley and the Cup final now because the result at Fulham isn't important in terms of European qualification because the result at Fulham isn't important in terms of European qualification because we've already sorted that out.''

Edited by dark

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineup:

---------------------Howard-------------------

Jacobsen-----Yobo--------Lescott-----Baines

Osman-------------Neville-------------Pienaar

----------Cahill---------------Fellaini----------

----------------------Saha----------------------

Bench: Nash, Hibbert, Rodwell, Gosling, Vaughan, Jo, Castillo.

3-0

Cahill, Saha and Pienaar

Fulham won today and Spurs won't beat pool, I have the feeling that this year is the year we break our duck.

Guest efctaxi
Would you settle for 6th place if it meant Newcastle went down?

Or Fulham made Europe and Spurs didn't ?

Would that make Spurs more of a prem force from not having to compete in more matches ?

I wouldn't take 6th place and Newcastle going down.

I want 5th place, and don't care who goes down.

I'm with you but it wouldn't be bad compensation should we miss out on 5th in the knowledge that newcastle have gone down! I don't think we need any points in this one as I don't think villa have got a win left in them this season. I don't think it matters how NUFC do anyway as I think Hull will beat Man.Ure 1-0.

So hard to predict this one ... will we wear the new kit?

I'm predicting a loss. We never bloody win at Craven Cottage and I can't see our players being that commited with the final being so close.

And Dark, we wont wear the new kit. Our deal with Umbro runs until the end of May, so we are officially contracted to keep wearing it until then.

I can see, Jacobsen, Castillo, Rodwell, Gosling, Vaughan and possibly Wallace starting, even Agard getting a run out. Surely the likes of Pienaar, Cahill, Fellaini and possibly Lescott won't be risked but then again I predicted similar last week and fell flat on my face but ashamed to say I think we will be turned over...................although Fulham realistically only need a point to get into Europa, so maybe they will play for a draw.

Edited by The Beard

I think he's probably refering to the fact that we probably wont win as we never win at fulham, however despite this its still a win win situation. If we lose and villa lose then we still finish 5th. If we lose but villa win then Newcastle go down so there is a slight sweetener to losing out on 5th. He's not saying that he hopes we lose, he's just saying that if we do lose out on 5th then there is a slight upside.

Anybody going to this one, i'm meeting a load of fulham supporters in the Cottage pub, Coleshill lane, about 5 minutes from the ground (hence the name). Apparently its a good mix of home and away fans and good atmosphere.

Anybody going from the Pool. ??

I think he's probably refering to the fact that we probably wont win as we never win at fulham, however despite this its still a win win situation. If we lose and villa lose then we still finish 5th. If we lose but villa win then Newcastle go down so there is a slight sweetener to losing out on 5th. He's not saying that he hopes we lose, he's just saying that if we do lose out on 5th then there is a slight upside.

That reminded me of Alice in "The Vicar of Dibley"

"You know that stuff they're selling now at the local shop, 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter'? Well, I can't believe it's not butter. Then yesterday, I went to Crookenden and I bought this other stuff, like a sort of home-brand, you know? And you know, I can't believe it's not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Well, you know I Can't Believe It's Not Butter? No no, I mean you know the stuff that I can't believe is not butter is called I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Well I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. And I believe they both might be butter, in a cunning disguise. And in fact there's a lot more butter around than we all thought there was."

Anyway...we never won at White Hart Lane until a few years back and now we always do.

Records are there to be broken :) . Having said that I think we'll probably lose given the relative importance of the game to both sides. Think Villa will win also sadly/happily (delete one depending on the extent of your pleasure at seeing Newcastle go down).

Anybody going to this one, i'm meeting a load of fulham supporters in the Cottage pub, Coleshill lane, about 5 minutes from the ground (hence the name). Apparently its a good mix of home and away fans and good atmosphere.

First away game for awhile that im actually missing. I think that Pompey was the last Everton game i didn't go too. Shame, but I just cant make it.

I'll be there Bill, but only travelling from Surrey!

My son & his 2 stepsons (who we are gradually converting to bluenoses) are going too.

I normally use The Eight Bells personally due to it's proximity to Putney Bridge tube station!

I'll be there Bill, but only travelling from Surrey!

My son & his 2 stepsons (who we are gradually converting to bluenoses) are going too.

I normally use The Eight Bells personally due to it's proximity to Putney Bridge tube station!

Will be getting off the tube at Putney, Might pop in there for a quick one.