IGNORED

Moutinho

I have said in the past how much i would love this transfer to happen but I believe if we were gonna be able to do the transfer it would have happened last time we tried.

I think that other teams will be in for him if he truly is available which will both put up the price of the transfer and also his wages, unfortunately I think this will put us out of the running.

I hope BK proves me wrong and magics up some more money as he always seems to do but I think we will see the cash spent on 2 or 3 lesser quality players from championship or abroad ( this might be a good thing as moyesy always seems to spot a bargain or two and also we are desperate for numbers in the squad as proven this season)

I wouldnt bank on this one coming off!

The trouble is the economy Portugal has one of Europes worst performing economy's which either way hits everyone including football clubs and if no major clubs like United Barca and co do not show an interest in Moutinho then you wont get your asking price thats for sure.

It might be that your club has problems behind closed doors that you and the rest of its supporters dont know about and if your club has a replacement in line from your youth system you never know. If we could get him for that kind of money i would love it to happen if not we should look elsewhere.

I know about hte economy, I live here :D

As for hitting the club, it does, in a way. The thing is, there's a lot more going on than merely money, there's a lot controvercy about having the club members pretty much set aside in the decisions about the club's life. There's an election this year, and hopefully we'll get new blood in, and get the group that have been undermining the club in favour of the club's companies for a lot of years. Therefore, any sort of talk about players leaving and values beeing greatly lowered is complete conjecture at this point. Reports coming from papers with ulterior agendas, and keeping the flame alight with quotes from 4 months ago is clearly designed to affect the group, nothing more.

Both Moutinho and Veloso have contracts until 2013, both have a high release fees, and frankly, I see Veloso leaving sooner, since we have already someone that can play on his position, Adrien Silva.

But like I said, I don't know what's gonna happen, the next tew months are decisive for Sporting's future.

Such a great player to have in the team. This would be the signing of the summer, all will become more clear around May time when there are no games for either clubs and its buisness. I think that Moutinhio would want to come to us. It's the Premiership after all and he's going to be playing UEFA Cup football. If he dosen't sign then its either Sporting not allowing it or him just wanting to stay.

Are West Ham & Newcastle still wanting him? Don't think that he would go there.

Such a great player to have in the team. This would be the signing of the summer, all will become more clear around May time when there are no games for either clubs and its buisness. I think that Moutinhio would want to come to us. It's the Premiership after all and he's going to be playing UEFA Cup football. If he dosen't sign then its either Sporting not allowing it or him just wanting to stay.

Our last game is May 30th vs Chelsea so I expect business/rumours to start in June!

If none of the big 4 make a move (and I doubt it, they don't need a midfielder like him), Everton does seem the logical choice, given Zahavi's relationship with EFC and all. But Dark, he already plays European games, and Champions League at that, something Everton can't deliver next season.

I heard someone talk about him moving for £8m, because his contract is up, or something, and I've said this before, his contract lasts until 2013, so in order for the club to let him leave bellow his release clause, we'll need the money, otherwise he should stay put, I'd wager...

But like I said in my other post, there's elections coming, so things might change. Last night a big step was taken against our current board by saying no to one of their propositions to further aliennate club possessions.

Hopefully we'll get new people on the helm, and a brighter future. But what that might mean in terms of player's contracts, I have no idea...

Edited by Sporting4ever

i can see this dragging all through the summer IF we want him still... he would a good signing but i dont think the deal will happen very quickly

If he is as good a player as we are hoping- and he is being touted around as up for sale this summer, then my guess is he will move to the Premiership this summer, but possibly not to Everton. A top 4 club or a money bags club are likley to gazzump us I have no doubt.

If the player REALLY wanted to come to Goodison Park, he would have been here already - given the extent of our interest last year. My guess is that he may have been told last summer to get his head down for Sporting for this season, that he can leave the following summer. Possibly hence why his name is now being touted around as a player who is available for purchase. I wouldn't be suprised if he was advised that a 'better' deal may be available this summer.

I hope I am wrong. But it seems to good to be true that a player we went all out to buy for around £15M last summer, is available this summer for £10M, (he is still young with another excellent season under his belt).

I don't think the credit crunch will affect on quality player prices that much to be honest.

Todays papers mention Chelsea and Arsenal having an interest.

Everton and Moyes needs to act fast, and if no deal is done quickly, then I think the chance of him coming to Goodison will be slim, and the summers transfer efforts will need to be directed elsewhere.

If he is as good a player as we are hoping- and he is being touted around as up for sale this summer, then my guess is he will move to the Premiership this summer, but possibly not to Everton. A top 4 club or a money bags club are likley to gazzump us I have no doubt.

If the player REALLY wanted to come to Goodison Park, he would have been here already - given the extent of our interest last year. My guess is that he may have been told last summer to get his head down for Sporting for this season, that he can leave the following summer. Possibly hence why his name is now being touted around as a player who is available for purchase. I wouldn't be suprised if he was advised that a 'better' deal may be available this summer.

I hope I am wrong. But it seems to good to be true that a player we went all out to buy for around £15M last summer, is available this summer for £10M, (he is still young with another excellent season under his belt).

I don't think the credit crunch will affect on quality player prices that much to be honest.

Everton and Moyes needs to act fast, and if no deal is done quickly, then I think the chance of him coming to Goodison will be slim, and the summers transfer efforts will need to be directed elsewhere.

I have said it before and I will say it again forget him he is out of our price range. Why risk going into debt for one player, we need far more than that

Guys, forget that up for sale bullcrap. Like I said before, those reports and their origins have as much reliability as goal.com.

There's gonna be elections at Sporting, so a lot can chance by summer time, and only then will we know if we're gonna have to sell players or not, and by what values. Given Everton's connection with Zahavi, I think you're in the front of the race, if there is one, unless city come up with a millionaire's bid, which I doubt.

So until then, there's no real proof about anything. And about him leaving, it's not quite so simple. He has a contract, signed last summer, and he can't just unnilatery decide to leave. If the club isn't happy with the offer, he goes nowhere, it's the same pretty much everywhere...

Guys, forget that up for sale bullcrap. Like I said before, those reports and their origins have as much reliability as goal.com.

There's gonna be elections at Sporting, so a lot can chance by summer time, and only then will we know if we're gonna have to sell players or not, and by what values. Given Everton's connection with Zahavi, I think you're in the front of the race, if there is one, unless city come up with a millionaire's bid, which I doubt.

So until then, there's no real proof about anything. And about him leaving, it's not quite so simple. He has a contract, signed last summer, and he can't just unnilatery decide to leave. If the club isn't happy with the offer, he goes nowhere, it's the same pretty much everywhere...

My money is on him being a Premiership player next season - Whether it is at Everton or another team- contract or not with Sporting Lisbon.

Jimmy - Considering how well the squad and youngsters have done this year even with our horrendous injury list - I would prefer a larger amount spending on quality rather than three or four 'squad' players. Promoted teams will be able to afford £10-£15m spend I no doubt given the huge TV money. Given our finishing league position, FA Cup run, Europa cup football next season, not huge amounts on there own, but £2-3M here and there all add up. I am sure there will be a least £15M available for player in the summer. Jo on loan for another 12 months perhaps - I am sure Man City will have bigger fis to fry next season.

I have said it before and I will say it again forget him he is out of our price range. Why risk going into debt for one player, we need far more than that

I agree 100% Jimmy as much as i would like him here it more then likely wont happen we have a good bunch who play through the middle of the park as it is especially with the young lads looking to stake a place now aswell, We need a natural right winger and a right back in my opinion.

I agree 100% Jimmy as much as i would like him here it more then likely wont happen we have a good bunch who play through the middle of the park as it is especially with the young lads looking to stake a place now aswell, We need a natural right winger and a right back in my opinion.

Absolutely agree.

I thought we needed a holding midfielder but Neville has been playing out of his socks lately.

Rid-mid first because little Leon simply doesn't cut it for me. Some pace pls!

My money is on him being a Premiership player next season - Whether it is at Everton or another team- contract or not with Sporting Lisbon.

Jimmy - Considering how well the squad and youngsters have done this year even with our horrendous injury list - I would prefer a larger amount spending on quality rather than three or four 'squad' players. Promoted teams will be able to afford £10-£15m spend I no doubt given the huge TV money. Given our finishing league position, FA Cup run, Europa cup football next season, not huge amounts on there own, but £2-3M here and there all add up. I am sure there will be a least £15M available for player in the summer. Jo on loan for another 12 months perhaps - I am sure Man City will have bigger fis to fry next season.

Based on that mate you are suggesting that our youngsters are not quality, I think they are and what they need is experienced players round them. We must be saying bye bye to the Drunk, Castillo and one or two others plus we need many positions covering if we are to mount a challenge for the C/L, facts are we have to spread our cash and also look at the wages bill. Why buy a Rolls Royce when you can't afford it?

Absolutely agree.

I thought we needed a holding midfielder but Neville has been playing out of his socks lately.

Rid-mid first because little Leon simply doesn't cut it for me. Some pace pls!

Yesterday he was absolutely hurrendous, one of the worst games ive seen him play. Never got to the ball, tried fancy things that never happend and gave away possession. The one thing i remember him doing was 1 tackle, i might be being harsh but i don't think there was anything else from him?

Yesterday he was absolutely hurrendous, one of the worst games ive seen him play. Never got to the ball, tried fancy things that never happend and gave away possession. The one thing i remember him doing was 1 tackle, i might be being harsh but i don't think there was anything else from him?

I totally agre with that.. yday was poor and he was gone even before the 90 mins were up

Based on that mate you are suggesting that our youngsters are not quality, I think they are and what they need is experienced players round them. We must be saying bye bye to the Drunk, Castillo and one or two others plus we need many positions covering if we are to mount a challenge for the C/L, facts are we have to spread our cash and also look at the wages bill. Why buy a Rolls Royce when you can't afford it?

If you read what I have actually said - I am saying the youngsters are decent enough -

why spend money on a number of £3-4M pound players, Osman is a £3m pound bracket type of player so why bother bringing another player of the same sort of quality in. I would rather see the youngsters player more than two or three 'ordinary' squad player come to the club. I would sooner the all the money spent on a player who Moyes would be looking for a shoe in to the the first 11. I would say Rolls Royce players are in the £20-30M bracket, which I agree is well out of our range. I would hazard a guess that Moyes will have £15-£20M to spend in the summer, just based on TV money and other generated revenues from this seasons cup run and next seasons Europa cup place. I would rather see the lions share spend on a single quality player.

Lesscott and AJ to Jags/Baines/Yakubu to Fellaini over the last few years- lets see this level of transfer activity continue, rather than a bag ful of AVM's and Simon Davies type of signings.

Some news on this front, João Moutinho just renewed his contract with Sporting until 2014.

The release clause has been lowered to £20m, and the player will no longer receive 10% of a future transfer, or 10% of future offers over £13.3m.

Don't know if this means he will stay for sure, but for once, it makes it clearer that both Sporting and him are interested in him staying. The release clause lowered might make him more atractive for other clubs also.

João Moutinho renews his contract with Sporting

Pretty ugly translation, but I've read the document sent to our Market Regulatory Entity (CMVM), and it's pretty much what I wrote.

Some news on this front, João Moutinho just renewed his contract with Sporting until 2014.

The release clause has been lowered to £20m, and the player will no longer receive 10% of a future transfer, or 10% of future offers over £13.3m.

Don't know if this means he will stay for sure, but for once, it makes it clearer that both Sporting and him are interested in him staying. The release clause lowered might make him more atractive for other clubs also.

João Moutinho renews his contract with Sporting

Pretty ugly translation, but I've read the document sent to our Market Regulatory Entity (CMVM), and it's pretty much what I wrote.

But that makes out like there are willing to sell though.. think about it, a release clause of 20mil.. which says that the club have a target at which to sell him at and the player wont receive the 10% of his fee for him meaning the clube will keep the money

this contract must have been a way of the club showing that there might think of letting him move to bigger clubs

Guest efctaxi
But that makes out like there are willing to sell though.. think about it, a release clause of 20mil.. which says that the club have a target at which to sell him at and the player wont receive the 10% of his fee for him meaning the clube will keep the money

this contract must have been a way of the club showing that there might think of letting him move to bigger clubs

That's us knackered then :lol:

€22.5m eh? All we need is a drastic collapse in the value of the Euro against the £ and we're in :lol: !

:lol:

Well, it negates the strategy that his manager tried last summer, meaning force Sporting to pay a fixed ammount every time someone went over the €15m mark.

Also, if he got 10% off his transfer, and his release clause was €25m, that means Sporting now get the same, since he'd get 10% off that, meaning €2,5m. So now we get the same, but his release his lower, which might make it easier for him to leave, and I'm wager he got a boost to his monthly fee as well, since he extended for another year.

[/b]

That's us knackered then :lol:

Actually, I don't see it that way... Remember, Sporting wanted the release fee last year, €25m. Now it's lower, €22,5m, or £20m, so he's in essence cheaper.

Edited by Sporting4ever

Guest efctaxi
:lol:

Well, it negates the strategy that his manager tried last summer, meaning force Sporting to pay a fixed ammount every time someone went over the €15m mark.

Also, if he got 10% off his transfer, and his release clause was €25m, that means Sporting now get the same, since he'd get 10% off that, meaning €2,5m. So now we get the same, but his release his lower, which might make it easier for him to leave, and I'm wager he got a boost to his monthly fee as well, since he extended for another year.

Actually, I don't see it that way... Remember, Sporting wanted the release fee last year, €25m. Now it's lower, €22,5m, or £20m, so he's in essence cheaper.

I was joking regarding Raffa's alleged comments :P

Arsenal don't even want to spend that kind of money on a first teamer! :lol:

And in all fairness, the press have linked both Chelsea and United with Joao, can't comment on any of the other european teams but I know that at least they have been linked... so he is that good!

Edited by jamiemaher85

Arsenal don't even want to spend that kind of money on a first teamer! :lol:

And in all fairness, the press have linked both Chelsea and United with Joao, can't comment on any of the other european teams but I know that at least they have been linked... so he is that good!

Don't know how much that rumour comes from when Scolari was there. We heard about that here, that Filipão wanted him, as an sub for Deco, when he retired, but chelsea has a lot of quality in midfield, both offensively and defensively, doesn't seem they need him or Veloso.