IGNORED

Lescott

I couldn't really blame Lescott if he was thinking of leaving, City are spending money left, right and centre and we haven't bought anyone yet. I hope he stays but if it's a good deal for Lescott and the club then I wouldn't hold it against him or Moyes if we struck a deal with City. It has to be at least £20m though.

I couldn't really blame Lescott if he was thinking of leaving, City are spending money left, right and centre and we haven't bought anyone yet. I hope he stays but if it's a good deal for Lescott and the club then I wouldn't hold it against him or Moyes if we struck a deal with City. It has to be at least £20m though.

You know the transfer situation is looking bad when even Carl is downhearted about it.

Just repeating what the Times has said. I dont believe the "play for England" bit as he has been in the England squad and team with us. We are consistantly qualifying for europe, and challenging for the top 4. City are the very definition of inconsistancy, yes they have multi millions, but I think the team will struggle to gell, they are too attack focused, and lack balance. If they are not top 5 by christmas Hughes will go, and there will be a new manager merry go round, with new signings, and joleon my find he has a new manager that doesnt rate him.

Staying is in his best interest and ours

You know the transfer situation is looking bad when even Carl is downhearted about it.

:) I still have faith, I'll be able to relax if we sign Naughton and Rasmus Elm, although the apparent lack of pace of Elm may be a little bit concerning.

Just repeating what the Times has said. I dont believe the "play for England" bit as he has been in the England squad and team with us. We are consistantly qualifying for europe, and challenging for the top 4. City are the very definition of inconsistancy, yes they have multi millions, but I think the team will struggle to gell, they are too attack focused, and lack balance. If they are not top 5 by christmas Hughes will go, and there will be a new manager merry go round, with new signings, and joleon my find he has a new manager that doesnt rate him.

Staying is in his best interest and ours

Too attacked focused may be a little harsh, true they've bought a load of strikers but now they're trying to buy Terry and Lescott to strengthen their defensive capabilities.

If we can get crazy money like 20 mil for Lescot why not let him go. For that money we can buy another almost just as good Centre back a Right back which we desperatly need cause Hibbo don't cut it and another midfielder like Joe Ledley without having to take out any loans.

If we can get crazy money like 20 mil for Lescot why not let him go. For that money we can buy another almost just as good Centre back a Right back which we desperatly need cause Hibbo don't cut it and another midfielder like Joe Ledley without having to take out any loans.

Moyes would not get all of that 20 million to spend though because Wolves would get their cut of the money and the club would have to pay off a lot of loans. I agree that if we got 20 million for him and could spend it all in the transfer market then selling him for that price might be a good idea but we won't.

Didn't someone work it out last year, we sold AJ and McFadden, this cash bought Fellaini. All the others were loans or free, in other words DM didn't get a penny out of the club other than from players sold. I don't think this is the way forward, although our league position says different, the board should give him some extra cash to fight the likes of Arsenal and Villa in the meantime and then in a few years start on the rest. If we get a little extra cash we are a top 4 club, year in year out with Dave in charge.

Didn't someone work it out last year, we sold AJ and McFadden, this cash bought Fellaini. All the others were loans or free, in other words DM didn't get a penny out of the club other than from players sold. I don't think this is the way forward, although our league position says different, the board should give him some extra cash to fight the likes of Arsenal and Villa in the meantime and then in a few years start on the rest. If we get a little extra cash we are a top 4 club, year in year out with Dave in charge.

Cash from where?

If I find out BK's been hiding the ability to conjure cash out of thin air from us.....

Manchester City starlet Nedum Onuoha is being tracked by Everton, skysports.com understands.

The England Under-21 star has been in talks over a new deal since last season, but as yet nothing has been finalised.

Now it has emerged that Everton have expressed an interest in Onuoha after City made their bid for Joleon Lescott earlier this month.

The Toffees knocked back City's bid for Lescott, but they could struggle to rebuff them further should they - as expected - return with an increased bid.

But Everton are not the only side keen on the 22-year-old, with Aston Villa and Tottenham also thought to be keeping tabs on his situation.

So should City decide to let Onuoha depart Eastlands, a bidding battle to land the young defender is likely to ensue.

Thoughts?

I think he would be a quality signing but it would probably mean we would have to sell lescott.

Man city will probably drive a hard bargain with this though given that they want lescott.....also, i see from above that spurs are also interested.....and we have just found out what that usually means....It appears we are doomed to have villa and spurs sniffing around every future target - its the price we are paying for Moyes' previous success stories on hidden gems...

Obviously I dont want us to sell Lescott but if it comes down to that I would like Onuoha to be included in the deal. I think he is a quality player with loads of potential and Stuart Pearce really rates him for the England U21 side. Think he will be a quality player in the future.

Am I just being silly, or is this a set up... because that's what it seems like to me...

Think about it, City want Lescott and will probably come in with an improved offer, and the way things are going there, I would be suprised if Lescott stayed. So by us releasing a 'Declaration of Interest' in Onuoha, that would make it really easy for City to up the offer a bit and add Onuoha in the deal, and all of a sudden, it looks great!

To be honest if Lescott even has to think twice about whether he wants to stay or go, i cant see him putting in the performances that he has done with that doubt in his mind and so I would prefer it if he went and we got money with, who I think, would be a decent replacement.

Any thoughts?

David Weir is going strong... :lol: A few seasons ago we were so short on keepers that there was talk Chris Woods would need to step in.....what is the possibility of Stubbs stepping up to the plate??? :D

In all seriousness, Im not sure if there is anyone...maybe a couple of average-good players would do instead of one top, expensive player....Richards/Upson/O Shea/Wes Brown?????...

if you look at odds with the bookies - Then Lescott is odds on to be a Man City player and 2/1 of being an Everton player come the Prem kick off. The bookies don't give much away!!

If Lescott does go, I would like very much to see Onuoha come the other way. Especially if he is as good as prospect as some are saying.

Would rather have Richards, but maybe we get a deal for them both.

I'm hoping Ned doesnt leave (I'm a city fan by the way!).

I think he's still a bit raw, he's a cracking defender but his distribution leaves a lot to be desired, I really have high hopes for him.

Of the two (NO & MR) the potential is with NO for me. Richards has gone backwards (loss of speed, increase in bulk, no improvement in positional sense etc).

Ask me if I think there is a chance MH will sacrifice NO for JL, the answer unfortunately is "yes".

I hope we keep him & I hope he becomes what we at City all think he can.....