IGNORED

Lescott

They will go to £22m imo. and we'll reject that as well. We'd be stupid to sell him at the moment. We need to sign one new centre back as it is, if Lescott goes that's two centre backs. We lose Yobo in January as well, and just have to hope that Jags gets back in time. It doesn't matter how much they offer, Moyes would be stupid to sell because he will know that he would only get a small fraction of the amount raised from the sale.

Thats about the size of it!

They will go to £22m imo. and we'll reject that as well. We'd be stupid to sell him at the moment. We need to sign one new centre back as it is, if Lescott goes that's two centre backs. We lose Yobo in January as well, and just have to hope that Jags gets back in time. It doesn't matter how much they offer, Moyes would be stupid to sell because he will know that he would only get a small fraction of the amount raised from the sale.

How do you know he will only get a SMALL percentage....... If you stop guessing at these rthings you all waouldnt be in such a bad mood....

I do agree though that he probably wouldnt get 100% of it back.... wouldnt have a clue what he would get to be honest.....

Well done Moyes, keep saying no and it's a win win situation for us.

Moyes can keep rejecting until they give up, therefore we keep Lescott :)

Or Moyes can keep rejecting until they cough up 25-30 Million, therefore we get a shit load of money to help out the club in all areas. But mostly our transfer budget.

Personally I'd rather Lescott stay, but it is a win win situation for everton :D

Edited by EFC247

How do you know he will only get a SMALL percentage....... If you stop guessing at these rthings you all waouldnt be in such a bad mood....

I do agree though that he probably wouldnt get 100% of it back.... wouldnt have a clue what he would get to be honest.....

Im not in a bad mood about it though. I think i'm in the minority in still being fairly relaxed about the whole thing. I was just giving my opinion on the matter, I never stated it as fact. I said that it was just my opinion.

Im not in a bad mood about it though. I think i'm in the minority in still being fairly relaxed about the whole thing. I was just giving my opinion on the matter, I never stated it as fact. I said that it was just my opinion.

I didnt specifically..... but generally.......

Im not going to argu with someones opinion but ill have a good go at disagreeing with it :lol:

To many people are stating things as FACT and then throwing their dummy out of the pram.....

I didnt specifically..... but generally.......

Im not going to argu with someones opinion but ill have a good go at disagreeing with it :lol:

To many people are stating things as FACT and then throwing their dummy out of the pram.....

Fair enough, just thought id state that i'm one of the few who is not wholey unhappy with this summer so far. Patience is a virtue.

If he goes he goes if he stays he stays.

Personally I want him to stay but I also think £20+ million moyes would spend wisely and probably already has replacements lined up for him.

The only real worry i have is if everton do their usual transfer business and leave it until the last couple of days of the window and we end up paying over the odds sometimes ie sell lescott for £20mill then pay £10mill for a cb not even half his quality.

We will just have to wait and see, honestly i think we have a quality squad already (when fully fit) and if we can keep all our big players then not much is needed to be added to it.

As always in moyes I trust :)

This saga looks like it may get to Rooney-esque levels, both politically and financially.

Not for a moment suggesting that we should sell but think about the incredibly positive effect Shrek leaving had on the club. I know the only way was up back then (or down, if the bookies were to be believed) but is it possible that a £25m-ish influx of cash could enable us to kick on again?

I think at 25 million let him go and get it 2 decent CB a rb and a lb cover

4 players out of 25m is pushing it a bit dont you think....... I am asuming you mean in addition to whatever we already have......

Id bite their hand off for 25m..... but they carnt have him until January :lol:

I think we all need to look at this from a financial perspective not an emotional perspective. If we had a problem spending money like Real and City then keep Joleon. This issue we have is that we have no money and a weak depth of strength in the squad. Every player has his price. Given that Johnson went to Liverpool for £18.5m then as far as I'm concerned the starting price is £25m. Allied to the fact that we are dealing with a club that has excessive sums of money, and that Joleon can cover at LB we are really looking at £30m plus. If Moyes gets his original budget prob (£7m)plus the £30m for Lescott we could seriously get the players in we need. A left midfielder, right back, Moutinho/Defour and a centre half.

Something is going on - why are we looking at bosmans and loans? surely we get £15m each year for transfers? I think if we sell Lescott we will just get the same money back for transfers and big bill will save the £7m for another day............. One thing is for sure, we don't ever have enjoyable transfer windows do we!

I think we all need to look at this from a financial perspective not an emotional perspective. If we had a problem spending money like Real and City then keep Joleon. This issue we have is that we have no money and a weak depth of strength in the squad. Every player has his price. Given that Johnson went to Liverpool for £18.5m then as far as I'm concerned the starting price is £25m. Allied to the fact that we are dealing with a club that has excessive sums of money, and that Joleon can cover at LB we are really looking at £30m plus. If Moyes gets his original budget prob (£7m)plus the £30m for Lescott we could seriously get the players in we need. A left midfielder, right back, Moutinho/Defour and a centre half.

Something is going on - why are we looking at bosmans and loans? surely we get £15m each year for transfers? I think if we sell Lescott we will just get the same money back for transfers and big bill will save the £7m for another day............. One thing is for sure, we don't ever have enjoyable transfer windows do we!

Wher the hell did you get that from???? If your going to make it up you may as well round it up to a good even number :lol: :lol: :lol:

bbc has linked Huth from Boro to Fulham for £2m... not so long ago we were linked with him and I think he could do a job at CB for that price. A decent squad player. Also says that Liverpool are after Turner from Hull so that will be another target preferring to sit on the bench and be 4th choice than stand a chance of first team action at GP

£7m is the only official bid we have made this summer. That was for Naughton, any other bids? As far as I can see apart from that we are talking bosmans and loans. Anyway - that was my reason for £7m

i have no qualms with what you said mate i was just laughing at what dangermouse wrote

I personally think everton should hold onto JL, if we keep selling are best players we will moving backwards rather than forward and am sure moyes will feel frustrated and may feel he can take the club no further and that would be an even bigger loss if moyes pulls the pin.

But if moyes aproves of the sale of JL, everton should sell for around 25m with JO included in the deal as well as all the money from the sale going into the transfer kitty for moyes to spend on a replacement, cover for CB, LB and a starting RW also maybe a flare player.

In Moyes I trust!!

I personally think everton should hold onto JL, if we keep selling are best players we will moving backwards rather than forward and am sure moyes will feel frustrated and may feel he can take the club no further and that would be an even bigger loss if moyes pulls the pin.

But if moyes aproves of the sale of JL, everton should sell for around 25m with JO included in the deal as well as all the money from the sale going into the transfer kitty for moyes to spend on a replacement, cover for CB, LB and a starting RW also maybe a flare player.

In Moyes I trust!!

To be honest I would only include Jo if it was negotiated as 'an option to buy at £5m' - in other words if we decide we don't want Jo at the end of next season they pay us a further £5m so to speak. He has a lot to prove for me.

To be honest I would only include Jo if it was negotiated as 'an option to buy at £5m' - in other words if we decide we don't want Jo at the end of next season they pay us a further £5m so to speak. He has a lot to prove for me.

I think that would be a better deal, as he could have a really poor season!

but i c the Yak and Jo making a great partnership, with saha the super sub :)

TBH is Saha keeps fit and knocking in goals like he is doing preseason then I would rather Jo be the super sub.

i agree wit this...

saha looks sharp, his play is looking good, hes getting on the scoresheet, even round said a few weeks back, he thinks it could be a good year for saha, i hope so, because we all know he has that quality

i cant believe our biggest rumour is about one of our own players, WTF!!!

Im moyes we trust??? I don't trust anyone at Everton Football Club anymore :angry:

Its 2 weeks till the season starts & we've signed no one & we're still batting other teams off from buying our players, this sucks & blows at the same time!!!! :(

Still over a month of the transfer window left. Transfer market gone a bit mad with Man City and Real Madrid inflating the market place. 60-70% of all transfers are undertaken in the last week of the window, why push things when the market is over valued, give it a week or two to calm down a little.

Everton standing firm on selling Lescott and he is obviousely not been making a fuss. So good for Everton and good for Lescott.

Just because we are linked to most middle value players doesn't mean we are actually interested- Do you really think Cana would have joined Sunderland if EFC really had a remote intrest; I don't think so. and are Spurs, Villa and Everton always after the very same players?.

OK we missed out on Naughton, but my guess that is maybe as much as Everton & Moyes sticking two fingers up to Sheff Utd after them going back on a deal. again, Good for Everton.

I am glad we are not prepared to be mugged when buying players or with team trying to buy our players.

My guess Moyes is looking to bring top quality youngsters to bolster the squad rather than high priced names. I would be happy with that, as that has to be the way forward for Everton, we are never going to compeate with the top four and Man City trying to buy 'established' players, waste of transfer budget trying. We need to be more like Arsenal even if it means selling now and then.

I agree with RuffRob. Even though its frustrating for us as fans not to see the money being thrown around and the players being brought in early there is a method to what Moyes does and it has worked over the past years hes been with us. I trust in what Moyes is thinking and I trust what ever he does with the club.