IGNORED

Lescott

Still over a month of the transfer window left. Transfer market gone a bit mad with Man City and Real Madrid inflating the market place. 60-70% of all transfers are undertaken in the last week of the window, why push things when the market is over valued, give it a week or two to calm down a little.

Everton standing firm on selling Lescott and he is obviousely not been making a fuss. So good for Everton and good for Lescott.

Just because we are linked to most middle value players doesn't mean we are actually interested- Do you really think Cana would have joined Sunderland if EFC really had a remote intrest; I don't think so. and are Spurs, Villa and Everton always after the very same players?.

OK we missed out on Naughton, but my guess that is maybe as much as Everton & Moyes sticking two fingers up to Sheff Utd after them going back on a deal. again, Good for Everton.

I am glad we are not prepared to be mugged when buying players or with team trying to buy our players.

My guess Moyes is looking to bring top quality youngsters to bolster the squad rather than high priced names. I would be happy with that, as that has to be the way forward for Everton, we are never going to compeate with the top four and Man City trying to buy 'established' players, waste of transfer budget trying. We need to be more like Arsenal even if it means selling now and then.

Agree with your sentiments - I think Rodwell may end up playing 80% of the games in midfield as a ball winner for arteta.... however we are in dire straits yet again if we lose a couple of players to injury. We need to insure the core of the team, at this moment we are down on players - we released castillo and van der meyde who were squad back up. Didn't the CEO say he seen our targets and was excited?

I don't see what was that bad with Van der Mayde. He had experience and he set up the goal against liverpool. I think if he had come on as a sub a few more times he would have added to the quality of the crosses. i mean neville is not the best when it comes to crossing the ball in the box and while Arteta was injured he could have made an impact. As for lescott i think while jags is injured we need a center back like him.

I don't see what was that bad with Van der Mayde. He had experience and he set up the goal against liverpool. I think if he had come on as a sub a few more times he would have added to the quality of the crosses. i mean neville is not the best when it comes to crossing the ball in the box and while Arteta was injured he could have made an impact. As for lescott i think while jags is injured we need a center back like him.

That could be one of the funniest posts ever :lol:

Edited by DangerMouse

Agree with your sentiments - I think Rodwell may end up playing 80% of the games in midfield as a ball winner for arteta....

Rodwell is in Alan Hansen's fantasy football team (in the Daily Telegraph) so he obviously agrees with you :) . I think he'll play closer to 60% personally.

And nice post Rob....a welcome glimmer of sanity in the middle of the window fever pandemic :P .

at first i thought anything over 20mil we could possibly sell. the more i think about it though the more i want lescott to stay, defender crisis aside, he is a quality player, a player which i love to have at everton, he's done an amazing job for us, so lets be resilient although we could do with a 20 mil injection, i think we should keep him no matter what :)

The think that worries me is that if we sell him for £22m or around that we wont bring anyone in to replace him or only think we will do is bring in a free or cheap transfer to replace him and by the time the wondow opens again the balance of the money would have gone.

Although would like to see him stay at the price they reporting to be offering shortly as other people have said is good business

Think of it as a business, which Everton are. If you bought a commodity for 6 million pounds and you have been offered 22 million pounds only 3 years later, any business would be deemed foolish if they failed to accept it.

In an ideal world, Moyes will have a centre half lined up ready to replace (lad from Hull let's just say - £8m) If they really want Joleon equal to the level that we don't want to sell then £30m+ is the price - JT is out the way - they have highlighted how much they wanted to pay for him which gives us our benchmark, upson is not in lescotts class in the sense he is centre half only.

I can honestly see Moyes sticking out for £30m - hopefully on his return to the UK he will have identified the players he wants in using the money he feels we will get for Joleon, maybe we will get them agreed in priciple and the the transactions happen.

That's an ideal situation for me, as much as I want to keep him, £30m could really give us strength in other areas whilst replacing Joleon at a lesser value.

Really, I could have sworn that the chairman publicly said there is no pressure to sell and it is up to Moyes.

That's understandable, it's a bit like giving your kid 50p a week pocket money and saying "don't worry kid, if you want to spend that on midget gems, I won't steal them"

it's friday - great day for analogy's

Edited by Hafnia2

haha its funny how an increased bid which was rejected has now sparked us fans to increase lescotts valuation...

A couple of weeks ago before the first bid was lodged, people on the board and of this board said, the 15 mil city are about to put in is useless, if they want him they will have to be paying 20 mil+

Now that citys bid has increased to 18, and was rejected, there is talk of an improved offer of 22mil?? Now all of a sudden, our valuation of lescott is £30 million.

If we do sell him which i hope we don't i really hope we do get the best deal possible and squeeze every last penny out of them

Edited by craigb

People on this forum have varied a lot in their estimated value of Lescott but I think the 30 mil price tag was quoted from Moyes in regards to the Glen Johnson affair.

I wouldn't value Lescott at more than 15-18 but as it stands, with our current situation it's far to little with what we would have to replace and improve.

With the whole 'think of it as business' analogy, consider that by selling your asset bought for 6 mil and then selling it for 20 mil would put at risk everything that you had tried to build during those 3 years. Without a decent defensive line you would have no stability, which has been our foremost asset and means of competing with the bigger clubs. (Together with the fact that we have the most close-knit group of players and never say die attitude in the premiership) It's all about the geling. :D

Do we think lescott will go. Well i think moyes may not want to look bad if we do accept any bid.

It could be he wants to force Joleon to put in a request for the wage increase. And it would take the pressure of him and kenwright a bit.

Im sure lescotts agent would like a slice of the action too.

If any club last year had offered 18 mill for him im sure we would have seriously considered it.

Also interesting that moyes has come out praising howard and yobo in the past 2 days. could he be trying to say something to lescott?

or i am reading to much into this!! lol.

Do we think lescott will go. Well i think moyes may not want to look bad if we do accept any bid.

It could be he wants to force Joleon to put in a request for the wage increase. And it would take the pressure of him and kenwright a bit.

Im sure lescotts agent would like a slice of the action too.

If any club last year had offered 18 mill for him im sure we would have seriously considered it.

Also interesting that moyes has come out praising howard and yobo in the past 2 days. could he be trying to say something to lescott?

or i am reading to much into this!! lol.

ill be honest I would have sold him, he was very poor at points last season.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/91885/-20m-City-bid-lands-Lescott/

Not the most reliable source....Senderos as replacement?

Independent says otherwise....

"Lescott arrived back from the club's tour of Canada and the US yesterday and is expected to play away at Coventry City in tomorrow's pre-season friendly. Everton have turned down bids of £15m and £18m, but there is expected to be a £22m offer from City on the table shortly.

However, sources at Goodison Park are making it clear that their attitude has hardened over the issue to the extent that even a bid approaching £30m would be rejected. Lescott is also now aware that the only way that stance will change is if he asks for a transfer.

The chairman Bill Kenwright and the manager David Moyes have been adamant all summer that they will not sell any of the side that reached the FA Cup final and finished fifth in the Premier League last season.

Everton may be working under financial restraints but sources at the club underline that they are under no pressure from the banks to sell players, as has been the case in the past."

And the Express reckon Hughes is going to give up and go after Bassong & Alex instead..

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/117582/City-target-Bassong-and-Alex

Who to believe? Take your pick.

When we signed Lescott from Wolves, some of their fans came on here saying that he was a really loyal and down to earth kind of lad. I'm hoping he is still that kind of person and hasn't got his head stuck in the clouds.

If he does go then I think it will probably be for 25m with Dunne/Sum Baadhi possibly coming on loan until January while we sort a replacement out.

Hopefully though we can all come on here after Transfer Deadline day with him still in the royal blue.

Can't see city going for bassong, as he only play the last few months of the season and isn't really a top player yet. Also city have yet to walk away from a deal because the price was over the top (they bid £107m for Kaka who went for 56M) they only leave the deal when the player says he's not interested.

Been told today tha lescott is going for around 20 mil and the only reason the deal ain't done yet is because we haven't found a replacement but he's definitely on his way out. An i also hear that michael owen was supposed to be a done deal for us but man u came in just before he signed an he changed his mind.

if he asks for a transfer and we dont let him go , it will be no good for the club dont wanna lose him but if he asks get shut asap getting as muchas possible , i know you sell your trade to the highest bidder in any walk of life , but lescott was just sat at wolves going nowhere we take the chance and it seems he wants away ( if that is the case)

miguel not a bad player at all but only a link as normal and how many of thm have we had