IGNORED

Lescott

I said before DM will not sell Lescott, however now he has been so brave to hand in a TR when away on England duty shows what a man he is. Lescott will hope this will be all sorted before he has to return, DM has a very tough decision to make therfore I expect Lescott to leave but I think Moyes will wait until he returns from England duty. Lets be honest, do we really want a player playing for us who does'nt want to. Give DM the money (all of it plus what we had anyway) then hopefully we can buy some decent quality player at a sensible pricee, because if City weren't buying Lescott he would only be worth between £8-10m anyway. Let's move on.

I said before DM will not sell Lescott, however now he has been so brave to hand in a TR when away on England duty shows what a man he is. Lescott will hope this will be all sorted before he has to return, DM has a very tough decision to make therfore I expect Lescott to leave but I think Moyes will wait until he returns from England duty. Lets be honest, do we really want a player playing for us who does'nt want to. Give DM the money (all of it plus what we had anyway) then hopefully we can buy some decent quality player at a sensible pricee, because if City weren't buying Lescott he would only be worth between £8-10m anyway. Let's move on.

Lies.

He's a 15 mil player at least.

All of this is typical of how Everton as a club is mis-management from head to toe. We all knew Kenwright wanted to sell, and was stalling for a higher fee. This has also provern that again Kenwright has FAILED as a chairman to provide what is best for the club, by being self-obsessed with Kirby and his own pockets rather than driving this club forward.

Just like Rooney and Speed, Lescott was 'offered' to Citeh once their interests were known of. The fact that Kenwright met some citeh representatives on the weekend allegedly once Citeh said they wanted to go elsewhere shows what a dis-honest man Billy is. It's fine calling Lescott a Judas, a turd, etc. But the fact remains Citeh are showing ambition, Everton are going backwards.

Don't get me wrong, Lescott is a greed little turd who was a risky cripple before Everton came along. He almost failed his medical, but for Moyes eagerness to sign him eventually pushed it through. He repays us by hissing off to the biggest pay cheque, I sincerely hope all the worst for him in his career! I have more respect for Rooney now as he turned down the bigger money at Newcastle to further his career at United, and after all the abuse is still a blue at heart. Lescott is the lowest of the low!

But I digress, because again this inevitable sale gets Kenwright and his mis-management of the club off the hook. He will give some pittance out of the fee to sign Senderos and some freebies, and some idiots will still see him as a hero! After all the lies, lack of interest to sell the club, doomed Kirby project and generally unpleasantness, some fans still can't hear the train before it hits them.

That is why we as a club will never go forward.

P.s. if Moyes has got the balls, he should insist at buying Hangerland as Fulham have set the price at 15 million.

All of this is typical of how Everton as a club is mis-management from head to toe. We all knew Kenwright wanted to sell, and was stalling for a higher fee. This has also provern that again Kenwright has FAILED as a chairman to provide what is best for the club, by being self-obsessed with Kirby and his own pockets rather than driving this club forward.

Just like Rooney and Speed, Lescott was 'offered' to Citeh once their interests were known of. The fact that Kenwright met some citeh representatives on the weekend allegedly once Citeh said they wanted to go elsewhere shows what a dis-honest man Billy is. It's fine calling Lescott a Judas, a turd, etc. But the fact remains Citeh are showing ambition, Everton are going backwards.

Don't get me wrong, Lescott is a greed little turd who was a risky cripple before Everton came along. He almost failed his medical, but for Moyes eagerness to sign him eventually pushed it through. He repays us by hissing off to the biggest pay cheque, I sincerely hope all the worst for him in his career! I have more respect for Rooney now as he turned down the bigger money at Newcastle to further his career at United, and after all the abuse is still a blue at heart. Lescott is the lowest of the low!

But I digress, because again this inevitable sale gets Kenwright and his mis-management of the club off the hook. He will give some pittance out of the fee to sign Senderos and some freebies, and some idiots will still see him as a hero! After all the lies, lack of interest to sell the club, doomed Kirby project and generally unpleasantness, some fans still can't hear the train before it hits them.

P.s. if Moyes has got the balls, he should insist at buying Hangerland as Fulham have set the price at 15 million.

OK deep breath.....what complete speculative bullshit.

Please show me the quotes/evidence that BK wanted to sell Lescott? "We all know" - don't tar everyone with the same brush.

Why do you think Lescott going to City is because of Kirkby?

...Bah, I am not going to go on because fans with attitudes like yours really do puzzle and piss me off.

And fans like you hold this club back from greatness! You talk about my post has been speculation, but points in there has bore fruit. While I suspect the apologists like yourself still believe in 'Kenwright love for the club' bollocks? The only hard fact you won't find is Billy meeting with Citeh excs, but it has been highly suggested (just as like with Lescott request before it broke today) by several news outlets that Citeh were welcomed to bid again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205668/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-boss-Mark-Hughes-closes-20m-deal-Joleon-Lescott.html

Anyway you believe what ever makes you content, I believe this club is in serious trouble.

And fans like you hold this club back from greatness! You talk about my post has been speculation, but points in there has bore fruit. While I suspect the apologists like yourself still believe in 'Kenwright love for the club' bollocks? The only hard fact you won't find is Billy meeting with Citeh excs, but it has been highly suggested (just as like with Lescott request before it broke today) by several news outlets that Citeh were welcomed to bid again:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205668/EXCLUSIVE-Manchester-City-boss-Mark-Hughes-closes-20m-deal-Joleon-Lescott.html

Anyway you believe what ever makes you content, I believe this club is in serious trouble.

Stupid stupid stupid thing to say. Of course, the reason we don't kick on as a club is becasue EW has an opinion. Chrsit all mighty.

im disappointed that lescott wants to leave but in all honesty i dont blame him. though the whole calling him Judas, prick etc is completley out of order. thing is though even though he wants to leave i wouldnt sell him. i wouldnt sell him until we have the replacement lined up and if there isnt a repleacement lined up then i wouldnt sell him.

with jags out we will only have Yobo left. rodwell isnt as effective as a center back and if yobo gets injured than we are fucked.

and in all honesty even if we get 20 million for lescott i doubt moyes will get all of it. he'll be lucky to get half that.

It's crazy that he's left this so late, and I agree with those on here who claim that is is cowardice that he hands in a formal request, one - at this late stage, and two - while he's away on international duty. Whether he'll be here come September, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess, but I tend to think that Moyes is likely to stand his ground on this one. We all know though, that we could really use the money that city are offering, and if we could "exchange" Lescott for any of these (Moutinho, Sessegnon, Defour), I think that would be good business, however, the problem is that we'd have no-one to play at CB, and we already need to get defensive cover in at the moment, so an 'exchange' like that would never materialise.

Good on Moyes, for standing his ground on this one though, it's gonna be interesting what kind of reception J-lo receives on Saturday - can't wait for that one.

I think its very unlikely he will play........ Not on our part.... he just wont come back fully fit.......BIG SHITHOUSE

let's face facts, lescott is not the only centre half capable about doing a good job for us, there are plenty out there who may be cheaper and have more poential, the fact that we are on page 70 of this 'rumour' means that the club will have known about city's interest for quite some time.

The fact is - the club do not have the excuse of saying "Joleon's request was untimely" - to have any confidence in the people running this club I would like to think that the contingency plan is all there ready to be rolled out. Look at Liverpool, lose Alonso, replace with aquilaini straight away.

fact is £25m will be good business if we have planned for his exit and put all other deals in place. If we haven't then i'm afraid it's open season on those ath the helm.

fact is £25m will be good business if we have planned for his exit and put all other deals in place. If we haven't then i'm afraid it's open season on those ath the helm.

I'm not sure where you saw that bid, but as far as I'm aware they still haven't bid more than 18M, and now that Lescott has handed in a request I doubt very much that they'll go any higher.

This truly does not bode well for the opener against arsenal, one 'fit' center back! We'll be playing Neville back there again, and while he didn't embarrass himself against Mallaga I'm just not sure he'll have the positional awareness to thwart Arsenal's creative attackers.

Fingers crossed that City come back with another bid and that we can move immediately on 3 or 4 targets, otherwise it will certainly be a painful first month of the season.

Letting Lescott leave would be a good bit of business but I fear his departure would leave us in an even worse predicament. We would be left with Rodwell, Neville, and Yobo (injured?) for the beginning of the season. Even if we bring a replacement center back or even two, how long would it take for them to gel? How many points would this cost us in the standings? Lost revenue from struggling in cups, Europe etc. Lescott's value will never be higher. But even if we wait till January for Jag's return and the possible aquisition of another center back and his value drops to say 10 mil I still feel we would lose more "value" by early eliminations from cups and a languid league position.

I suspect that you'll find we are desperate to keep hold of Lescott until we know whether we've qualified for the Europa League group stage. If we don't qualify, he will definitely go and it leaves us about 2 days to spend the cash. Of course, if we do qualify we could still cash in, try to spend the cash in 2 days but at least have a bit of time to bed some new players in. It just looks like we don't have the possibility of signing any new players without some significant income being generated first.

What a complete load of bollox!

The fact is - the club do not have the excuse of saying "Joleon's request was untimely" - to have any confidence in the people running this club I would like to think that the contingency plan is all there ready to be rolled out. Look at Liverpool, lose Alonso, replace with aquilaini straight away

Great example that, dont you think one deal hinged on another and that Liverpool were holding out to get as much as they could have Madrid, he would have gone last season if they had got Barry

Everton dont want to sell Lescot and are just being as difficult as they can in King canute styleeee to try and get as much out of the deal as they can as well as save face

let's face facts, lescott is not the only centre half capable about doing a good job for us, there are plenty out there who may be cheaper and have more poential, the fact that we are on page 70 of this 'rumour' means that the club will have known about city's interest for quite some time.

The fact is - the club do not have the excuse of saying "Joleon's request was untimely" - to have any confidence in the people running this club I would like to think that the contingency plan is all there ready to be rolled out. Look at Liverpool, lose Alonso, replace with aquilaini straight away.

I agree totally

Look at Liverpool, lose Alonso, replace with aquilaini straight away.

It would be a good deal if we have other targets lined up straight away like Liverpool did, however I very much doubt Everton have a clue what to do next. And if we do get 25 mill, I think Wolves get 4 mill and I suspect some of that cash will go to paying for Jo next summer, leaving very little for Moyes to deal with. So is 25 mill really a good deal?

Guest TheBlueBoy

The only way we should sell is:

1. We get £30m - no less. (£22m plus Onuha or Richards)

2. We have a replacement (not senderos) international quality lined up who can command back line till Jags comes back.

3. We utilise all money to strengthen other areas of the squad (right back, left winger)

The whole summer saga routine is starting to really annoy me now. Moyes has worked miracles in ensuring the board are not targetted by the fans in getting us to 5th place, a cup final etc. I am lucky enough to have seen us win the league and the only thing that really irritates is that the whole future of the club is lying in the hands of the man who hasn't got any money to put into the club. Healthy respect for how we do things isn't enough for me, we need to be able to challenge for the league, and for players.

If Lescott was at Liverpool or Man Utd, City would offer £30m+ because they know they can't financially bully them. City's money men are trying to get Lescott on the cheap because they know we are financially vulnerable.

To sell for less than £30m would be madness. Look at what Liverpool were quoted for the lad from Hull (all because they had £30m in their pocket)

Any excessive money gained for lescott will disappear into the hands of a canny club who will make us pay over the odds.

I've recently been told off for being a bit argumentative with you lads. So I promise i'll keep my comments as respectful as they should be (that dosent mean i will not tell the truth as i see it however). You see i can totaly understand all your frustrations as fans of a great club who, if they just had the finances they deserve, would be right along side you cross town rival fighting for real major honours. It just seems that Moyes (as fantastic as he is) will continue to have the Toffee's bang thier heads against the "top4 glass cieling" until that next financial step is taken.

I think that as much as anything is why Lescott wants a move to city so bad. From a players point of view, they probably see what is happening at Eastlands a very exciting prospect, Probably more so than at Goodison right now. And i mean that with absolutley NO disrespect. That is not to say i believe City are any better than Everton right now. Your 5th place finish and FA cup final spot last term kicks shit out of us limping to a disapointing 10th place.

However The future potential at City seems quite lttrally boundless. Add that to the oportunity of significantly increasing your weekly wage, and its easy to see how his head will be turned. I don't however believe Lescott is worth anything near the 30mil some of you chaps have quoted. I genuinley don't think he's any better than Toure, Kompany or even Onouah. Richards wouldn't be part of any deal as Hughes seems to love him. And i think he will be our first choice RB for some years. Zabaleta is a better DM than RB. Lescott, if we go on how much a player is actually worth is around 10 - 12mil (IMO), I think 22mil is a fair offer. But of course it's completley up to the "selling" club, The guys he signed a contract for, To decide how much a player is worth to thier club. And indeed if that player is available at all!!! I have nothing but respect for Moyes saying he dosent want to sell the lad, and sticking to his guns, He could have easily backed down and took the money. And i don't think you guys (although you may have been disapointed for a while) wouild have blamed him. "Well Done DM"

As for this season i believe Everton can finish anywere between 4th and 7th, But i fancy you to get some silverwear. Prehaps the Europa (depending on how seriously Moyes takes that Competition)

It is Imposible however for me to predict how My own Beloved Citizens will perform??? We could quite litterally finish as Champs (highly unlikely) or even get relegated (equaly unlikely) It just depends how we perform on the road. Plus we have a massive target painted on our backs.....YIKES!!!

Either way it should be absolutley fascinating for both of us :D

P.S. As i type this, the news on SSN is that you guys are holding talks with Boro over a possible move for Gary O'Neil......What are your thoughts on that???

I've recently been told off for being a bit argumentative with you lads.

P.S. As i type this, the news on SSN is that you guys are holding talks with Boro over a possible move for Gary O'Neil......What are your thoughts on that???

Argue all you want, you'll be broke soon enough again. And if that talk about Gary O'Neill is true, I'm very disappointed.

I've recently been told off for being a bit argumentative with you lads. So I promise i'll keep my comments as respectful as they should be (that dosent mean i will not tell the truth as i see it however). You see i can totaly understand all your frustrations as fans of a great club who, if they just had the finances they deserve, would be right along side you cross town rival fighting for real major honours. It just seems that Moyes (as fantastic as he is) will continue to have the Toffee's bang thier heads against the "top4 glass cieling" until that next financial step is taken.

I think that as much as anything is why Lescott wants a move to city so bad. From a players point of view, they probably see what is happening at Eastlands a very exciting prospect, Probably more so than at Goodison right now. And i mean that with absolutley NO disrespect. That is not to say i believe City are any better than Everton right now. Your 5th place finish and FA cup final spot last term kicks shit out of us limping to a disapointing 10th place.

However The future potential at City seems quite lttrally boundless. Add that to the oportunity of significantly increasing your weekly wage, and its easy to see how his head will be turned. I don't however believe Lescott is worth anything near the 30mil some of you chaps have quoted. I genuinley don't think he's any better than Toure, Kompany or even Onouah. Richards wouldn't be part of any deal as Hughes seems to love him. And i think he will be our first choice RB for some years. Zabaleta is a better DM than RB. Lescott, if we go on how much a player is actually worth is around 10 - 12mil (IMO), I think 22mil is a fair offer. But of course it's completley up to the "selling" club, The guys he signed a contract for, To decide how much a player is worth to thier club. And indeed if that player is available at all!!! I have nothing but respect for Moyes saying he dosent want to sell the lad, and sticking to his guns, He could have easily backed down and took the money. And i don't think you guys (although you may have been disapointed for a while) wouild have blamed him. "Well Done DM"

As for this season i believe Everton can finish anywere between 4th and 7th, But i fancy you to get some silverwear. Prehaps the Europa (depending on how seriously Moyes takes that Competition)

It is Imposible however for me to predict how My own Beloved Citizens will perform??? We could quite litterally finish as Champs (highly unlikely) or even get relegated (equaly unlikely) It just depends how we perform on the road. Plus we have a massive target painted on our backs.....YIKES!!!

It hardly sets the pulse rating does it.

Yep - we hear that you have bid £19 million, maybe £22m would be an acceptable offer in normal circumstances - however to put it this way (quote from wikipedia) "When a footballer is under contract with a club, he can only leave if the club agrees to terminate this contract. As a way of compensation, the club to whom the player is transferring will usually pay a capital sum. This is known as the 'transfer fee'."

Compensation being the key word. If we keep Lescott, who will you buy? Evidently someone less capable than he is, otherwise you wouldn't be still trying to buy him 4 days from start of season. Now in a way of compensation, Liverpool paid £18m for a similarly capped full back. We have a international left back/centre half who in my opion is the 4th best English centre half behind ferdinand, Jagielka, and Terry. Terry you were prepared to pay £35m for, Rio would be off the scale and Jags is difficult to price. £22m at this stage is not compensating us for losing a player that we would need to replace in two positions - which is why Hughes wants him as back up for Bridge (he is better than bridge defensively and is a threat from corners)

£25m+ would potentially give us the resource to replace him at centre half and leave some money to strengthen elsewhere. It does get my back up when people say lescott is not worth more than £x million, if we don't want to sell at £x million then he obviously is worth more to us than that sum of money. He is better than Toure, Kompany is a defensive midfielder for you so he is not comparable, and onuha would be in the England squad not under 21's if Lescott was no better.

Guest TheBlueBoy

Argue all you want, you'll be broke soon enough again. And if that talk about Gary O'Neill is true, I'm very disappointed.

"You'll be broke soon enough again" See that MikeO (if you are reading???). Blatent wind up shit trying to cause a conflict. Yet if i was to do that??? My comment was polite and respectful. If you havent got anything decent or inteligent to say, then simply don't.

lescott wants to go, so lets tell city we want 30 million plus micah richards non-negotiable, you have 24 hours to decide, now put up or shut up lets see how much they really want him,i am also very dissapointed with Lescott we gave him his chance and this is how he repays us

Guest TheBlueBoy

Yep - we hear that you have bid £19 million, maybe £22m would be an acceptable offer in normal circumstances - however to put it this way (quote from wikipedia) "When a footballer is under contract with a club, he can only leave if the club agrees to terminate this contract. As a way of compensation, the club to whom the player is transferring will usually pay a capital sum. This is known as the 'transfer fee'."

Compensation being the key word. If we keep Lescott, who will you buy? Evidently someone less capable than he is, otherwise you wouldn't be still trying to buy him 4 days from start of season. Now in a way of compensation, Liverpool paid £18m for a similarly capped full back. We have a international left back/centre half who in my opion is the 4th best English centre half behind ferdinand, Jagielka, and Terry. Terry you were prepared to pay £35m for, Rio would be off the scale and Jags is difficult to price. £22m at this stage is not compensating us for losing a player that we would need to replace in two positions - which is why Hughes wants him as back up for Bridge (he is better than bridge defensively and is a threat from corners)

£25m+ would potentially give us the resource to replace him at centre half and leave some money to strengthen elsewhere. It does get my back up when people say lescott is not worth more than £x million, if we don't want to sell at £x million then he obviously is worth more to us than that sum of money. He is better than Toure, Kompany is a defensive midfielder for you so he is not comparable, and onuha would be in the England squad not under 21's if Lescott was no better.

Fair points mate.

As i say it's only my opinion that Lescott is worth X amount. Significantly less than you believe. As you quite rightly stated it is TOTALY up to the owning club to decide how much he is worth to them. However Eto'o Tried to hold City to Ransom and we wouldn't have it. I'm not saying that is what Everton are doing as they have always stated they do not wish to sell. However if one of our players handed in a transfer request, And a decent amount had been offered (which as i say IMO i believe there has) i'd do everything to get shot of him.

Personaly as i believe i've stated, I'd like to see city pull out of this deal as i don't rate Lescott as highly as some other defenders that are available. And i think Upson is one of the most overated defenders of the last decade. Plus he's now the wrong side of 30. (Upson that is). Hangeland springs to mind as a perfect partner for Toure. Although i feel he would prefer the Champions league football Arsenal could offer. However i feel Both Carvalho and Alex at Chelsea may be tempted.

I also Disagree that Lescott is better than Toure or Kompany for that matter. But ofcourse this is just personal preference. Kompany's a CB who is also a very effective DM, He played at CB for us quite a bit last year and he looked every bit as amazing as he was rumoured to be. With Barry, De Jong and Zabaleta all competing for the DM place. I'm pretty sure Vinnie will be an out n' out CB this year.

Post back and let me know what you think mate :)