IGNORED

Lescott

"You'll be broke soon enough again" See that MikeO (if you are reading???). Blatent wind up shit trying to cause a conflict. Yet if i was to do that??? My comment was polite and respectful. If you havent got anything decent or inteligent to say, then simply don't.

It's intelligent firstly, second it was a wind up as I read your post history and thought you would be smart enough to get it. However, I was wrong!

If its going to be done lets get it over with and get some players in. If its £20million pounds or thereabouts its an extremely good offer and we should not refuse. Lescott has voiced a desire to leave, followed by a written transfer request, so i see no alternative but to let him go.

As for those peeps who are calling him a judas and similar, i dont blame him one bit for wanting to go He owes us nothing, we paid £5 million pounds for him and he has given us 3 fantastic seasons and a hefty profit.

I wish him well in the future with City and England.

"You'll be broke soon enough again" See that MikeO (if you are reading???). Blatent wind up shit trying to cause a conflict. Yet if i was to do that???

The point is (as I've pointed out more than once) is that you're in EVERTON airspace here.....we can insult whoever we want football wise, and if you want to stay you have to learn to take it. Personal insults would be different, but it wasn't personal.

Put simply, I can say "Mark Hughes is a cnut" but you can't say the same about Moyes. Geddit?.

The point is (as I've pointed out more than once) is that you're in EVERTON airspace here.....we can insult whoever we want football wise, and if you want to stay you have to learn to take it. Personal insults would be different, but it wasn't personal.

Put simply, I can say "Mark Hughes is a cnut" but you can't say the same about Moyes. Geddit?.

Democracy at its finest there Mike. :lol:

Fair points mate.

As i say it's only my opinion that Lescott is worth X amount. Significantly less than you believe. As you quite rightly stated it is TOTALY up to the owning club to decide how much he is worth to them. However Eto'o Tried to hold City to Ransom and we wouldn't have it. I'm not saying that is what Everton are doing as they have always stated they do not wish to sell. However if one of our players handed in a transfer request, And a decent amount had been offered (which as i say IMO i believe there has) i'd do everything to get shot of him.

Personaly as i believe i've stated, I'd like to see city pull out of this deal as i don't rate Lescott as highly as some other defenders that are available. And i think Upson is one of the most overated defenders of the last decade. Plus he's now the wrong side of 30. (Upson that is). Hangeland springs to mind as a perfect partner for Toure. Although i feel he would prefer the Champions league football Arsenal could offer. However i feel Both Carvalho and Alex at Chelsea may be tempted.

I also Disagree that Lescott is better than Toure or Kompany for that matter. But ofcourse this is just personal preference. Kompany's a CB who is also a very effective DM, He played at CB for us quite a bit last year and he looked every bit as amazing as he was rumoured to be. With Barry, De Jong and Zabaleta all competing for the DM place. I'm pretty sure Vinnie will be an out n' out CB this year.

Post back and let me know what you think mate :)

I think one of the key facts is that he is english, and if platini get's his way, then city are one of those teams that will suffer with the new additions especially. Hence Johnson at £18m. Problem is now with city and their millions, footballers in some cases (excluding kaka and almost JT) are being shown for their greed. It may well be the case that the type of footballer city are attracting are the ones that look at their bank balance rather than their prozone stats. If that is evident on the field, you may end up with disharmony.

I just wish the whole thing never started, if we had £25m to plan to spend amonth ago we would be ok, this is all too late in the day and disrupting.

Guest TheBlueBoy

It's intelligent firstly, second it was a wind up as I read your post history and thought you would be smart enough to get it. However, I was wrong!

Fair enough then mate. It's just that a was recently repremanded for being a bit....how shall i put this...Well a bit of a knob i guess. But i wasn't the only one and that got my goat a bit. Anyway fair enough lad. No probs. I apologise if my Grammer is a bit shit on these forums. I type rather quickly and never bother to see if i have used the correct spelling. Perhaps i should. As long as i think people can understand it then i usualy just leave it :) i simply can't be arsed checking it. Lazy i know..... Anyway....Mates??? :D

Guest TheBlueBoy

I'll accept it....But you're a bit out of order.

:D Quality quote from MikeO!

Guest TheBlueBoy

I think one of the key facts is that he is english, and if platini get's his way, then city are one of those teams that will suffer with the new additions especially. Hence Johnson at £18m. Problem is now with city and their millions, footballers in some cases (excluding kaka and almost JT) are being shown for their greed. It may well be the case that the type of footballer city are attracting are the ones that look at their bank balance rather than their prozone stats. If that is evident on the field, you may end up with disharmony.

I just wish the whole thing never started, if we had £25m to plan to spend amonth ago we would be ok, this is all too late in the day and disrupting.

Agreed. I wish it was just over. One way or the other.

But as much as i agree that a MASSIVE part of the atraction of City for a player is the Dosh. I think the Vision of what we can Possibly (prehaps probably) achieve is also a big draw.

To say Lescott is going to City for anything other than money is just foolish. The lad has gone for the dough and for me thats upsetting, but we can't forget football is not the same anymore. Honour, loyalty and love for your club has gone never to return and has been replaced by greed and gluttony. Its sad but as old blue eyes sang "that's life" and we just have to get on with it. I fully expect once the Arsenal game is out the way Senderos will be in and Lescott will be gone and Moysie will have invested elsewhere. Its a kick in the bollocks but we have been there before. The sad thing is, the club that have bullied us know what its like to be in our position and just dont give a fuck and ultimately will end up the loser when their rich history has been tainted beyond refute.

Didn't the club say weeks ago £30M and a Lescott transfer request? I now hope the club stick to this.

Jags out for a while, Yobo away in the african cup in January? already a CB short of what we need.

We need Lescott at least until January in my opinion.

Everton hold all the cards to be honest, we don't HAVE to sell. A world cup year so Lescott has to at least try to put in a good season, no matter what.

We are fans of this club and have different perspective's on what we deem right and wrong whereas Lescott is a player with no long term ties to the club so the money and loyalty issue realistically is slightly different to how we see it i don't blame him if he goes i don't like it but with the money on offer I'm sure most would want to take it, He's a good player nothing more and is very replaceable cost us pittance and we would gain a very good profit the only downer to it is how close we are to the start of the season and if he goes we need cover asap.

Guest TheBlueBoy

I just heard a rumour that Petrov may also be included in a deal for Lescott, has anybody else heard this?

You guys are a bit short on that side of the park aren't you? Would you like to see Petrov at Goodison?

Lescott + 5mil for Petrov.....it would be harsh for us. But i guess i could accept that. But seriously we are short on that side also, and MP has looked pretty good pre season for us. I can't see it happening

So Lescott has put in writting that he wants the fantastic money that Man City can offer,

That doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for Everton......look at it this way if Moyes/Everton offered him exactly the same wages that he will get at City, I'd say he would stay at Everton.He knows every team will try to knock the shit out of "The big flash City" and it could all go wrong for them! There really is no guarantee this City pantomime will work......There is a guarantee he will get mega rich.

BUT! £20million is a lot of money and probably more than he is worth, Moyes can go out and buy the next Jags (well we can dream).....Lescott we feel the pressure with a bit of luck and play like he did in the first few games last season :gay: ...my old gran wouldn't have been caught that far out of posistion at times!

Yobo's not far behind Lescott when it comes to ability and Jags is way ahead.Push the price up Moyes......or make Lescott stay for the rest of his contract....by then the oil wells could have dried up.

Guest TheBlueBoy

So Lescott has put in writting that he wants the fantastic money that Man City can offer,

That doesn't mean he doesn't want to play for Everton......look at it this way if Moyes/Everton offered him exactly the same wages that he will get at City, I'd say he would stay at Everton.He knows every team will try to knock the shit out of "The big flash City" and it could all go wrong for them! There really is no guarantee this City pantomime will work......There is a guarantee he will get mega rich.

BUT! £20million is a lot of money and probably more than he is worth, Moyes can go out and buy the next Jags (well we can dream).....Lescott we feel the pressure with a bit of luck and play like he did in the first few games last season :gay: ...my old gran wouldn't have been caught that far out of posistion at times!

Yobo's not far behind Lescott when it comes to ability and Jags is way ahead.Push the price up Moyes......or make Lescott stay for the rest of his contract....by then the oil wells could have dried up.

Agreed.

No guarantees that this City revolution will succeed. However!

I wonder how many of you good folk are prepared to remove your Toffee framed glasses (amd i mean REALLY remove them) for a post or two and tell me honestly wether you believe, given time, it will be a success???

When you consider these guys ARE here for the long haul. having alredy stated they have a long term (10 year) plan to make City great.

You see what these guys are trying to do is make City the biggest club in football. Personally i think it will take a VERY long time. maybe never. But with 550billion backing you up....??????

Agreed.

I wonder how many of you good folk are prepared to remove your Toffee framed glasses (amd i mean REALLY remove them) for a post or two and tell me honestly wether you believe, given time, it will be a success???

When you consider these guys ARE here for the long haul. having alredy stated they have a long term (10 year) plan to make City great.

You see what these guys are trying to do is make City the biggest club in football. Personally i think it will take a VERY long time. maybe never. But with 550billion backing you up....??????

My honest answer is in the long run it might be a sucess, you might be able to buy the title (just like Blackburn did all those years ago) I also beleive that it might back fire. Thats the thing with football you never know which way its going to go

I dont rate MH that much and I dont think he will be the manager that does it for you if you do succeed

You guys are a bit short on that side of the park aren't you? Would you like to see Petrov at Goodison?

Lescott + 5mil for Petrov.....it would be harsh for us. But i guess i could accept that. But seriously we are short on that side also, and MP has looked pretty good pre season for us. I can't see it happening

Terrible deal. Really really awful. Petrov is what 30/31 years old? We aint goona get much out of him, especially considering as you state, it knocks £13m of the price already offered to us.

Agreed.

I wonder how many of you good folk are prepared to remove your Toffee framed glasses (amd i mean REALLY remove them) for a post or two and tell me honestly wether you believe, given time, it will be a success???When you consider these guys ARE here for the long haul. having alredy stated they have a long term (10 year) plan to make City great.

I honestly do think you will win the Prem inside the next 3 years tops and as this is the strongest league around I fully expect City to conquer Europe as well. In this day and age its all about money and City have the most money so of cause they will be able to buy success. I mean who the floch were Chelsea before Abromovich;s billions came along?

The top 4 are the top4 because they have more money than anybody else it reall is that simple

Agreed.

I for one do think it will succeed.......given time,I dont think it will happen this year as some so called experts predict and I dont think MH will be there to see it succeed.

It may take years and lots of wasting money... on a much larger scale than we have witnessed with the red shite, as the Fat Spanish Waiter takes the shite further and further into debt.

I also believe that Everton should take the £20+ mill if we can get it and improve on the team the way we did with the Rooney money.As this City snowball gets bigger players like Lescott will be replaced by bigger and better players.Good luck Joleon :D

I honestly do think you will win the Prem inside the next 3 years tops and as this is the strongest league around I fully expect City to conquer Europe as well. In this day and age its all about money and City have the most money so of cause they will be able to buy success. I mean who the floch were Chelsea before Abromovich;s billions came along?

The top 4 are the top4 because they have more money than anybody else it reall is that simple

Chelsea were already well established in the so called top four before the russian came i think you will find.

Chelsea were already well established in the so called top four before the russian came i think you will find.

Was about to say that myself, in fact when Jose came in he didnt buy that many players did he in his first season? anyway if Lescott has handed in a transfer request we should sell, we could bring in Hutton, Taylor from Newcastle and Senderos for the money we get from him, we shouldnt keep players who dont want to play for us

The Blue Boy

Always happy to try and give a balanced view (I hope). You do have a great chance of getting some success and silverware, as long as the owners are good to their word and allow it to build up.

However, one partuclar phrase you use maybe needs consideration. You talk about them making City "the biggest club". A club is, I am sure you will see, different to a team. You may go and win titles etc over the coming few years but ask someone in 5 or 10 years who the biggest CLUBS in the world are and they will say (in whatever order) - Real Madrid, Man United, AC Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona etc. Heritage and history.

In many respects City are a fantastic club (as are Everton) but biggest club? That would take the best part of 30 years to achieve. But who cares about biggest.

Good luck to all you City fans, but please don't lose what you have - great humour, supporting a side through thick and thin and not forgetting where you came from.

Which Taylor from Newcastle? Steven is daft enough to stay at Newcastle for this season at least to try and bring them back uo and didn't Ryan turn us down to go to Newcastle???

Saying that I still probably wouldn't grumble... I would be happy to see any new faces capable of making the squad before the window shuts.

Unfortunately this season smacks of the last few seasons. I just cannot understand why Moyes took so long to sign his contract last year if he didn't have assurances over future transfer budgets cos every f'ing season he comes out with the same complaints a week before kick off

Guest TheBlueBoy

The Blue Boy

Always happy to try and give a balanced view (I hope). You do have a great chance of getting some success and silverware, as long as the owners are good to their word and allow it to build up.

However, one partuclar phrase you use maybe needs consideration. You talk about them making City "the biggest club". A club is, I am sure you will see, different to a team. You may go and win titles etc over the coming few years but ask someone in 5 or 10 years who the biggest CLUBS in the world are and they will say (in whatever order) - Real Madrid, Man United, AC Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona etc. Heritage and history.

In many respects City are a fantastic club (as are Everton) but biggest club? That would take the best part of 30 years to achieve. But who cares about biggest.

Good luck to all you City fans, but please don't lose what you have - great humour, supporting a side through thick and thin and not forgetting where you came from.

Great post as ever Phil.

I don't think i've ever seen you write anything i disagree with.

One thing i can guarantee you of mate is if it all goes belly up at Eastlands the real fans will always be there as we always have. Just like you top Toffee lads do for your lot.

In response to some of your comments on Chelsea being "almost there" when Abramovic took over....Agreed. They were much further down the road than we are now. But there situation was almost the same as it is at your great club. A perplexing "glass roof" situation. 5th place and the Fa cup final!!!! I'd snatch your entire arm off for City to achieve that next season. But unless You lads get the Financing i think you deserve. Then i'm not sure you can progress much further.

A 4th place finish and a really great Champ League run (IE Semis/Final) the year after however. And then i believe you may be in Business. Big bucks, Better team for Moyes = Very dangerous Everton....Dream the Dream my friends....It might be more of a possibility than you may think :)