IGNORED

Lescott

Guest TheBlueBoy

TheBlueBoy - What are your thoughts on Barcelona possibly readying a bid for Kompany?

I dunno mate. At the moment it's only rumours. But if they do place a bid it would have to be for a hell of a lot. 4 years on his contract and a first team regular. 20mil might do it. Although he may simply want to stay at City. a club with untold potential in the best league in the world. Plus, Like Moyes, Hughes has a policy of not selling his best young players. I thnk It's very unlikely he will go. We are trying to build a top class squad. Not lose our best players.

Edited by TheBlueBoy

I really thought that Lescott and the other Everton players could put all the transfer rubbish out of their minds, but after today I don't really think they can.If Lescott had given Hughes and City "the finger" and had decleared his love for Everton FC then I wonder if todays result would have happened.The team looked flat, ok there were odd moments when they put some moves together, but did they feel there was a player amongst them who didn't want to be there?

Lescott didn't play today like a £22 million player, and to be fair to him, where's his head at the moment.

Now he wants the big money, let him go.I hope Jo get's very very rich but never wins anything, I don't dislike the man, in fact I would thank him for his service to this club and helping us finish way ahead of City in every season he was with us......that of course was before they got the Arabs on board.

Lets sell Lescott.

Get the £20 - £25 Mill.

Buy some class players.

Move on and improve.

Lescott doesn't want to play for us anymore, it's sad but if it's how he feels then lets just get rid of him. If he doesn't want to play for us, then we shouldn't want him to play for us. Let him go to the riches of Man City, and let us progress with the money we get in return.

Edited by EFC247

Lets sell Lescott.

Get the £20 - £25 Mill.

Buy some class players.

Move on and improve.

Lescott doesn't want to play for us anymore, it's sad but if it's how he feels then lets just get rid of him. If he doesn't want to play for us, then we shouldn't want him to play for us. Let him go to the riches of Man City, and let us progress with the money we get in return.

Totally agree with you you mate, sell him before the rest of the squad think theyre better off else where, which after today wont take much time

anyone else notice lescott didnt acknowledge the crowd when he came out all the other players applauded the crowd he didnt this cant be good for the team its no use having a player there that doesnt want to be there...moyes has had long enough to sort it...lets do it.

Yeh I noticed it...........and I think this whole episode has definately affected the team......get shut now!!!

Lets face it how much is he worth 8,9 mill at most,and the soft shites are willing to pay 20 mill.....take there money and buy a decent CH,RW and RB and lets all have a laugh at the end of the season,even after todays show......

15 mill for Fellaini your avin a giraffe !!!

What the fuck has he got..........absolutely fuck all......and now everyone knows it was a bad panic buy

Lets face it how much is he worth 8,9 mill at most,and the soft shites are willing to pay 20 mill.....take there money and buy a decent CH,RW and RB and lets all have a laugh at the end of the season,even after todays show......

15 mill for Fellaini your avin a giraffe !!!

What the fuck has he got..........absolutely fuck all......and now everyone knows it was a bad panic buy

Fellani was joint top scorer for us in his first season, he will be a quality player, its only the first game of the season and already people are slating the guy FFS, give him a break did you see him chasing back for arse's 4th at least he tried, and had a header cleared off the line. He playes for our club and always puts a good shift in so LAY OFF.

Fellani was joint top scorer for us in his first season, he will be a quality player, its only the first game of the season and already people are slating the guy FFS, give him a break did you see him chasing back for arse's 4th at least he tried, and had a header cleared off the line. He playes for our club and always puts a good shift in so LAY OFF.

He is supposed to be our record signing for fuck sake !!!!he was up against players of similar age group today,Fabregas,Song,Denilson so dont mention his age.......he is shit full stop,there is nothing in his locker,cant tackle,cant run,cant shoot,cant jump....have you ever seen him make a slide tackle.....never !He was a last minute panic buy.Bet you Moyes would swap him for Defour right now if he could.

He is supposed to be our record signing for fuck sake !!!!he was up against players of similar age group today,Fabregas,Song,Denilson so dont mention his age.......he is shit full stop,there is nothing in his locker,cant tackle,cant run,cant shoot,cant jump....have you ever seen him make a slide tackle.....never !He was a last minute panic buy.Bet you Moyes would swap him for Defour right now if he could.

That must say something about the rest of our squad then if he was able to outscore everyone of them bar 1!

Yep it certainly does......

Yet we finished 5th again, qualified for europe again, and reached the FA cup final. Despite missing our most creative midfielder, top scorer from the previous season and best defender, impresive squad effort no?

Edited by London Blue

FFS MH now saying that when a deal has ran its course he will look elsewere but he not at that stage with Lescott. MH just taking the piss out of DM

I think that DM has backed himself into a corner here by saying that he wont be sold.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Hughes-to-maintain-Lescott-pursuit-article116889.html

Cock

I actually want Lescott to go now, to be replaced by Taylor (preferably, or Shawcross or Wheater), but I really don't want Hughes to 'win'.

This particularly riles me:

"The headlines were quite predictable. I am not surprised David feels a bit aggrieved with the situation, you always are when a big club comes along trying to acquire one of your better players

How arrogant does he want to be?! You don't automatically become a big club (certainly not much bigger than us, as he seems to be implying) because some arabs decide to make you their new toy for a while, you twat. How have Man City been doing for the last 30 years huh?

And this:

"I could pick up the phone and ring David very easily. I would ask him whether I could have his player, he would say no and I would have to put the telephone down. What would be the point of that?" he said.

Because that's how it works you dick! Moyes decides who comes and goes, he's the manager. Show some fucking respect for him and our club, god knows I've lost every shred of it I ever had for you, and I'm sure Moyes has too.

Great player, but clearly an absolute cnut.

"I could pick up the phone and ring David very easily. I would ask him whether I could have his player, he would say no and I would have to put the telephone down. What would be the point of that?"

That's the bit that annoys me also, he's said it before as well.

The point is Mark (I'll say this slowly so you can understand) that if you'd have made the call (preferably a month ago) Davey would have said, "We really don't want to sell but if you came up with £22m nice and quick so I can get the cover in then we'd be in business.....have a word with you boss and let me know."

So the point would have been that it was all settled to everyone's satisfaction three weeks ago. Prick.

The sooner he's gone, the better. Yday he was in confrontation with Neville, Howrd, Fellaini, Pienaar...so thats not fuckin good. I think the players realise he doesnt want to play with them, and will only make them worse. The idiology at Everton has been drilled into our players heads and now they see that someone is disrupting it. They dont want it either!

The sooner he's gone, the better. Yday he was in confrontation with Neville, Howrd, Fellaini, Pienaar...so thats not fuckin good. I think the players realise he doesnt want to play with them, and will only make them worse. The idiology at Everton has been drilled into our players heads and now they see that someone is disrupting it. They dont want it either!

Are you just seeing what you want to see?

Are you just seeing what you want to see?

Nope, explain why i'd want to see it? im telling you, fellaini and lescott had a shout at each other after the Fab goal, Neville shouted at him after they both went for the same ball, Howard shouted and flailed at him after the Vermahlen goal. why would i just say it?

Nope, explain why i'd want to see it? im telling you, fellaini and lescott had a shout at each other after the Fab goal, Neville shouted at him after they both went for the same ball, Howard shouted and flailed at him after the Vermahlen goal. why would i just say it?

If Lescott was to blame for something then quite rightly his team mates bollocked him, that would have happened whether he'd handed a transfer request in or not.

If Lescott was to blame for something then quite rightly his team mates bollocked him, that would have happened whether he'd handed a transfer request in or not.

Im not saying it is to do with the tansfer request, but it doesnt help surely? it unsettles teams, he didnt look right yday for whatever reason. And although it comes across that im anti-lescott atm, i think he played better than Yobo, so im not. I'd prefer him to stay, but for £20m+ for a player (not really worth that) whos head is increasingly being turned, of course his mind isnt going to be as focused on Everton as we'd like!?

Edited by tenaciousj

In fairness Lescott was not the worst player on the pitch yesterday. He was shouted at by others but only becasue of mistakes. Neville shouted at almost everyone on the pitch yesterday, doesn't mean they are going.

The problem I see with this situation is that we build success not always through flair and natural talent, we build success based on a unity within the squad, the Lescott situation could have, and probably has, effected that. Perhaps selling Lescott is an easy and quick way out, some people may see him as a "posion" to the togetherness of the team. We can't however really speculate on what is going on behind closed doors, so unfortunatly we'll just have to ride out this rocky road.

Finally, to blame yesterday on Lescott or City or Hughes is wrong. Thats an easy excuse and a easy way out. We where poor. Every one on the pitch made mistakes, Moyes made mistakes. I don't want to see Lescoot made a scapegoat for this result as thats the wrong thing to do.

Nobody is blaming Lescott for the goals, they (I) am blaming him for the effect he had on the team before they stepped out yesterday. We all agree that was the worst we have seen them since the Arse did us 7-0 five years ago, so it's very likely the saga effected them more than Moyes could imagine, especially when apparently Lescott didn't want to play.

Moyes has to think about the rest of the squad, and though what he is doing is right ultimately Lescott has to go now because we can't afford the other players being effected like that again, especially Pienaar who we are trying to tie down.

Nobody is blaming Lescott for the goals, they (I) am blaming him for the effect he had on the team before they stepped out yesterday. We all agree that was the worst we have seen them since the Arse did us 7-0 five years ago, so it's very likely the saga effected them more than Moyes could imagine, especially when apparently Lescott didn't want to play.

Moyes has to think about the rest of the squad, and though what he is doing is right ultimately Lescott has to go now because we can't afford the other players being effected like that again, especially Pienaar who we are trying to tie down.

I wasn't saying that people on here are blaming him for the goals, people at the ground where though. We have been defensivly shite all summer, its not something that just happened yesterday. All I am saying is that Lescott should not be a scapegoat. Everyone at the club should be proffesional enough to not act like a fucking donkey when it comes to plying their trade just because one of your work colleagues has had a more lucrative job offer.

I think after Saturday even Moysey's stubbornness must be on the wane.

Who wouldn't take the money and try to reinvest it before the end of the window? All of the players we've been linked with in the past couple of days would undoubtedly improve our squad - question is can we get the cash in place in time to put in any concrete offers for anyone?