IGNORED

Coventry

Inca85

was good build up and goal by baxter everton tv jesus mine goes on and off :rolleyes: pre season games never read too much into them case off players getting there fitness levels up and stay injury free dont think we have looked great in any of them personally

Edited by toffeebum

Very nice think im going to start watching Synchronised swimming after seeing that. Another top 10 on there are kits been voted 3rd worst! http://blog.sport.co.uk/Football/350/Top_Ten_Worst_Home_Kits_0910.aspx the Getafe kit haha classic!!!

Edited by coxy051

Hibbert, Solid.

Rodwell, Shaky.

Yobo, OK.

Baines Great going forward.

Fellaini...fucking shocking, again.

Jo, best player by far and looking awesome.

I know you dislike him but you can't state that he was shocking today. Alot of neat touches and he did well considering he was played as a left winger.

Just got back from Ricoh. In a last minute moment of madness decided to treck it down to Coventry. First thing I will say is how impressed I was with our turn out today. Had numbers close to the amount that City brought themselves!. As for the game, fairly standard run out, no one player really stood out for either team, Westwood looked strong for them in goal though, we could have had four if it was not for him.

Positives:-

Jo- Looked ver sharp and also looked stronger today than i Have seen before.

Rodwell- Good performance from him, not much to do but he did it well.

Baines- Looked sharper than I have seen of him in pre-season so far.

plus the general fitness and sharpness throughout the team was very good.

Negatives:-

Carlo Nash- One word, liability.

I know you dislike him but you can't state that he was shocking today. Alot of neat touches and he did well considering he was played as a left winger.

I don't want to but I am starting to frown when I see his name in the starting 11. Even sharpy who hated him at first, then started liking him was getting frustrated with him again today. His fitness is a joke, his passing is awful (missed have blinked and missed his neat touches)....anyway, enough ranting....

You also said Rodwell had a good game... I love Rodwell (some man love in there I am sure), but he looked like very uncomfortable today. First time I have seen that in him. To me he is a defensive mid over centre back on today's performance.

All i'm saying is what I saw from the game. I wouldn't question Fellaini's fitness from the game, everyones fitness was pretty good. He put a few passes astray but that was alwyas from either having the ball hit at him with too much pace or being played when he was under pressure. He was one of the only midfielders to look for oppertunities to shoot from distance. I think he did a good job today, especially considering he was inexplicably asked to play wide left for the match.

Also I still think Rodwell was good today, it was his leadership at the back and his work off the ball that impressed me, though i'm guessing that the EvertonTv coverage didnt really pick much of that up

Just me or for 15 mil shouldn't Fellaini be blowing our f**king minds every time out on the pitch? I don't hate him, in fact I'm really quite indifferent (I think there were better buys to be had for 15mil), but I've never once been wowed by watching an entire performance. There are moments, but nothing compared to jags, cahill, mikel, jlo, yak or even baines.

Just me or for 15 mil shouldn't Fellaini be blowing our f**king minds every time out on the pitch? I don't hate him, in fact I'm really quite indifferent (I think there were better buys to be had for 15mil), but I've never once been wowed by watching an entire performance. There are moments, but nothing compared to jags, cahill, mikel, jlo, yak or even baines.

No its not just you, I agree with every word you say and was saying something similar last season.

Got shouted down by so many peeps asking to give him time to adjust to the prem, but i dont think he ever will, he is not good enough to impose himself on a game and certainly never looks active enough. I'm not sure its a fitness problem or that is his normal game but he never puts himself about in any way.

£15 million quid was so obviously over priced. Remind me how much Arshavin was.??

No its not just you, I agree with every word you say and was saying something similar last season.

Got shouted down by so many peeps asking to give him time to adjust to the prem, but i dont think he ever will, he is not good enough to impose himself on a game and certainly never looks active enough. I'm not sure its a fitness problem or that is his normal game but he never puts himself about in any way.

£15 million quid was so obviously over priced. Remind me how much Arshavin was.??

Bill...I have been with you since we bought him and I think we are seeing more fans getting over the hair "icon" and starting to notice that he just isn't that good. Does make me laugh that they are now blaming his poor performances on a virus, that old chestnut.

Fellaini does have his moments though. He is very aggressive and can change games around. However this pre season he's played like he's Segundo Castillo when it comes to passing the ball around. He has lacked the ability to just nod the ball forward to the striker. Quite strange.

Any idea why he isn't being employed in a DMC position?

Because in my opinion his tackling/defending this pre season has been decent, and its everything else has been poor.

Edited by Moe Joe

I think people seriously underestimate the job a defensive midfielder has to do, felli cant tackle for a start, and with more yellow cards than anybody in the premier i would not like him patrolling in front of the back 4, he has to follow the ball from right wing to left wing and get tackles in before they get anywhere near our penalty area, and felli has not got the energy to do that. In fact for £15 million quid, he's pretty useless.

Like somebody has already said, Pienaar, Cahill, Arteta, Baines, all offer more and at a fraction of the price.

Haha point proven. :)

But you'll probably find he'll score his usual 8 + goals and be our hoofball threat. But for 15 million you do expect more and I hope he can develop his passing. He has a good touch inside the box and can sniff goal, and he is quite flexible (although that fro does him no justice), but its his midfield play which leaves more to be desired. Sometimes he'll break an attack up by playing the ball back or just giving the ball away all together. Then in these pre season games I just see him running to the near post every time he passes the ball... But then again as I said, he's better in the box...

And you also just proved the point of why he shouldn't be the DMC.

Edited by Moe Joe

If i remeber correctly you called him "shit"

somewhat a difference to what Yankee said :D

I can't believe you guys still bring up his price tag as an argument against him.

sure, he's no Arshavin, but definatly one of our better players last season.

look at Fellaini for what he does on the pitch regardless of anything else.

if you notice he in no way will ever be or ever was worth £15m, start bashing Moyes. Only a complete moron would spend that much money of a club who barely has any on a player that isn't even worth half what Moyes paid for him.

Fellaini might be shit as Bill (and E_W) said, but I wonder what's to say of the person who paid 15m for a pile of shit he could have just as well crapped out himself.

I agree that he's not worth 15m and everyone in Belgium was shocked at the time. But I will never understand how Fellaini can ever be blamed for that.

Now it's only a matter of time before they come out with the "Moyes had a virus and had lost a lot of weight when he made the offer for Fellaini" cover up. It's always the same story...

I'd just like to say i dont hold the fee against him, as other people have already said it was somebody else who put the price on him and somebody else who went and paid it for him, they must share the blame.

Even so i hope people are not too offended when i say, i just dont see him as a good player whatever the price.

I dont go along with those comments, we got along without Arteta, we got along without Yakubu, we would get along without Fellaini, Its not as tho we would play with 10 men, somebody else would have taken his place. Think the person we might have struggled without would have been Pienaar.

I would go as far as to say, if he does'nt make a drastic improvement this coming season, with yakubu and Arteta coming back fellaini might struggle for a place in the team.