IGNORED

Lee Cattermole

The move for Diame could signal the end of Lee Cattermole's Wigan career, he is a target for Sunderland, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton.

Daily Mail today.

I really rate this guy and think he would be perfect @ Everton

Yeah I agree

He ran the game when they battered us at thier place last season but there is no way we could get him the usual insurmountable problems in the way of us completeing any deal for him namely Wigan will want money for him and other clubs interested!

I think he is exactly what we need right now, granted a DM isnt the priority but he would walk straight into our side. Unfortunately there is absolutely no chance of getting him

I agree, if we got him (No chance of it I know but I digress) he would free up Pip for RB.

Why does it need to be either/ or... let's go crazy and sign two players :D

Although Scharner was the lucky recipient of the much heralded uppercut from Everton "legend" (see other thread) Big Dunc so it would seem strange to then see him is a blue jersey.

I'd like to see us sign someone... anyone at the moment

We haven't even brought in the freebies or loans that we were promised :(

why not just sign them with the exception of jo these players wernt costing a fortune..seems to me someone wasnt sure they where good enough...they could easily ended up elsewhere.i still dont like loans i wont trawl back on the loans that where a waste of time some never even made the first team.what i did say was just sign the players we need and we use our young players we already have.

That would have been warranted seeing as they weren't doing well at the clubs they were at when we took them on loan.

That would have been warranted seeing as they weren't doing well at the clubs they were at when we took them on loan.

Exactly. Moyes took them on loan because their reputations didnt stand at their next clubs, that can be down to loads of factors i.e players/environment, but prior to (Arteta and Nut's case) Dortmund and Real Sociedad, thost players were touted as the best youngsters since _____(insert name___.

Pienaar at Ajax was touted as one of the most talented youngsters, not just in europe but the world. Arteta was seen as THE replacement for Alonso when he went to the shite, a future Spanish international, he got people very excited at Rangers in his first season. They both did enough to show the world (before their ill-fated moves) that they were good enough. Moyes was smart, taking them on loan is like testing the water, he would have included first dabs on buying. So if they did get back to thier early reputations, he's got cracking talent on his hands. turns out...he did :)

Edited by tenaciousj

...i wont trawl back on the loans that where a waste of time some never even made the first team.

I did it for you (all part of the service) :D .

All Davey's loan signings (other than the the four already mentioned)...

Ibrahim Said. Went home to mother, cost virtually nothing.

Brian McBride got us a few goals.

Jeffers was a mistake (but an easy one to make).

Matteo Ferrari didn't work out. Injuries played a big part in that and Davey decided a certain Wolves player was a better option so let him go.

Fernandes. Shame (for some) he didn't stay but contibuted while he was here.

Castillo. Disappointing.

So only one failed to play for the first team and it depends on your definition as to who was a waste of time (Jeffers certainly was). Still think it's a good way to bring potential signings in and it's worked well for us.

I did it for you (all part of the service) :D .

All Davey's loan signings (other than the the four already mentioned)...

Ibrahim Said. Went home to mother, cost virtually nothing.

Brian McBride got us a few goals.

Jeffers was a mistake (but an easy one to make).

Matteo Ferrari didn't work out. Injuries played a big part in that and Davey decided a certain Wolves player was a better option so let him go.

Fernandes. Shame (for some) he didn't stay but contibuted while he was here.

Castillo. Disappointing.

So only one failed to play for the first team and it depends on your definition as to who was a waste of time (Jeffers certainly was). Still think it's a good way to bring potential signings in and it's worked well for us.

I wouldnt say he was that bad, he shown against Chelsea in the league that he had something about him, in others he looked like a donkey but still I wouldnt say he wasnt worth the loan.

I wouldnt say he was that bad, he shown against Chelsea in the league that he had something about him, in others he looked like a donkey but still I wouldnt say he wasnt worth the loan.

Good shout about the Chelsea league game at the bridge. First 5 minutes I was thinking "Oh shit, he's going to be ripped a new areshole" But then he really stepped up and played a blinder. Turns, tricks and everything. I think he thought he was Zidane for 80 minutes. Hasn't he joined a team from Qutar on a free now? Think I read that a few days ago. I wouldn't have mided him on a free but I was also sure that there manager wanted around £5-6m for him.

Hate to make my first post on here a negative one, but I hope we don't sign Cattermole.

He's not bad, just not great. I'd much rather we sign someone more able on the ball.

Cattermole is committed without doubt, but his passing looked pretty poor for Wigan last year.

Saying all that.. at least it would be a first team signing!

Hate to make my first post on here a negative one, but I hope we don't sign Cattermole.

He's not bad, just not great. I'd much rather we sign someone more able on the ball.

Cattermole is committed without doubt, but his passing looked pretty poor for Wigan last year.

Saying all that.. at least it would be a first team signing!

I must admit Im onlly basing my opinion after seeing him single handedly taking the piss out of our midfield at thier place last season and on his impressive performances for the U21 in the recent tournament but I think he is better than anything we have got at the moment so I would love 2 see us get him.

Either way its all irrelevant because we cant afford him anyway