IGNORED

Captains Armband?

smulliga

Who gets the armband ?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes over from Nev ?

you know what, id give it to distin, he has a mouth on him, and isnt afraid to let the team know there faults.

it has to be a defender or howard for me though, someone who can see the game from the back with good knowledge and experience. It wont be distin it will probably be yobo has someone mentioned, as hes been vice captain for a while

Distin for me. Neville got the armband as soon as he entered the club, thus Distin should get it as he is a solid experienced pro. Cahill isn't inspiring enough, and Howard is way too quiet to be captain. Yobo? No, not for me.

I suppost I do agree, I just hope he gets on well with the other players, dont want him to be quiet and not speak his mind if he is made captain. Most experienced on the team now

as vice captain it will be yobo, as yobo took the armband when pip went off too.

hes moyes longest serving player, that could be why.

the players call him the chief, so he must have some leadership skills, and him being captain of nigeria too shows he has experience of leading a side out.

I voted Yobo in the hope in gives him an edge to his game, makes him focus.Pretty sure Distin wouldn't make a bad one either.

As for Cahill sure he has passion by the bucket load, but he's always too happy going around giving away niggling little fouls rather than actually trying to win the ball.Sometimes I'm sure he'd rather wind an opponent up than actually win the dam ball, and then has a good laugh about it!!Not the example of a captain.

Anyone remember their playing days?....we had captains all the way from school days onwards, they would bark out instructions now and again, at the same time other team mates would also offer up advice and tell you what was going on, and you did just the same, you didn't leave it up to one man to do all the talking......you need 11 verbal captains on that pitch, unless of course they are better at talking with their feet.

Forgetting the verbal side you need as a captain a man who leads by example, doesn't give up at 2-0 down, doesn't relax at 2-0 up!

Someone with a footballing brain, strong, brave.....good looking, in other words ME!

But I can't make it most weeks.........so you'll just have to find someone else :whistle:

I'd like to see Yobo get it, saw him giving the lads a right rollicking during a defensive corner yesterday.

Would also be happy with Cahill getting it. Distin/Hibbert as outside choices.

If we had a derby coming up I'd scream for Cahill though.

Edited by Grarghsies

yobo and arteta are the vice captains...therefore yobo shall get it i dont think its in question really and i have no issue with it he captained nigeria for a fair while...id prefer to see cahill get it if it wasnt yobo cos hes the kinda guy that can drive a team onwards or distin has captained a couple of clubs hasnt he? experienced too!

Distin for me. Neville got the armband as soon as he entered the club, thus Distin should get it as he is a solid experienced pro.

Don't think it should be a new signing. Neville was vice captain behind Weir for his first season and a half at the club....although he was captain on the pitch on a few occasions in 05/06 and regularly in 06/07.

I'd give it to TC personally....although I agree with most of what 250 said (other than him being the best man for the job :unsure:. Plainly I am, but I'm destined to be overlooked again because of Davey's lack of adventure :( ).

When you think about it, we really don't have much to choose from do we !

Personally, I'd like Kevin Ratcliffe or Dave Watson!! but, because that isn't gonna happen, I think it's gonna be Jo Yo because he is Vice captain, wasn't he Moyes first signing?!? and he has captaincy experience on the international level with Nigeria. Now, saying all that, I actually voted for Tim Cahill, because he is the sequel to the movie 300, He gives everything and takes nothing!!

Who you want and who will be Captain are two different things. Maybe Osman as skipper and Hibbert as vice captain, that way Davey will have a bigger excuse to leave them in the starting 11 but alas, Yobo will get it and to be honest I can't think of any real reasons why anyone else should be, eihter through their style of play, their newness to the side or lack of experience in that department.