IGNORED

Bolton (Away)

adamsmith69

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jo was a waste of space today, lacked confidence an was too greedy which resulted in a load of half arsed atempts. should have squared the ball to cahill as well.

dan gosling useless in the 1st half an stoopid in the 2nd, think he could become a good player 4 us in a few years but definitly shouldnt be startin yet.

saha was great, and the rest of the team done okay with all things considered but the goals we conceded today were too soft.

While I didnt think Jo had the greatest of games today, I certainly wouldnt say he was a waste of space. He did a lot of good stuff (and some bad) and on another day he may have scored a couple of goals. Saha's goal was great and he had a nice couple of touches but he did much the same as Jo. He gave the ball away and misplaced passes yet just because he scored and has scored a fair few he doesnt cop any stick. Yes I know the main role of a striker is to score goals, but Jo isnt that out and out striker as Saha is. He drops back, moves out wide, strethces the defence allowing other players like Saha to find the space he did to score his screamer. He also tracked back a number of times to help out the midfield and fullbacks and did a decent job. The lad has got quality and when we get our other quality players back in the squad supplying him with decent and consistent delivery (so that he doesnt have to go searching for it) then he will be scoring and creating.

While I didnt think Jo had the greatest of games today, I certainly wouldnt say he was a waste of space. He did a lot of good stuff (and some bad) and on another day he may have scored a couple of goals. Saha's goal was great and he had a nice couple of touches but he did much the same as Jo. He gave the ball away and misplaced passes yet just because he scored and has scored a fair few he doesnt cop any stick. Yes I know the main role of a striker is to score goals, but Jo isnt that out and out striker as Saha is. He drops back, moves out wide, strethces the defence allowing other players like Saha to find the space he did to score his screamer. He also tracked back a number of times to help out the midfield and fullbacks and did a decent job. The lad has got quality and when we get our other quality players back in the squad supplying him with decent and consistent delivery (so that he doesnt have to go searching for it) then he will be scoring and creating.

well said Bailey

well said Bailey

Word up. I know this isn't the appropriate thread but...I just want this guy to succeed and at the moment I feel really awful that he isn't getting delivery. We all know Youtube hi-light vids are inaccurate accounts of a players ability, but I would argue the only thing they lack is the ability to translate consistency. Talent is hard to hide though, even with an atrocious soundtrack.

Many of you have probably seen that, but if you haven't, enjoy and I suggest turning the sound off and doing your own thing. Personally I'd like to stop being negative and calling our squad members shit, and perhaps take the more accommodating approach of getting a player to adapt. Why don't we try to get Jo to play like he did in Russia as opposed to shipping him back to Manchester. Either way you look at it, he scored two well worked gems of goals against INTER, in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. Talent is talent, perhaps it's the system that's the problem.

Im not too dissapointed because I was expecting us to take another pasting today.

I thought we played quite well especially in the first half and thought we deserved something out of the game. Not seen it on the telly yet but Im presuming the reference to Gosling needing to square it was when he got through at the end? ( Afraid my eyes were all on him and didnt see who he had a pass on)

Thought all things considered the lads did well despite the result

I have just read most and I 'stress' most of this thread. It appears that most folk on here usually watch the game via streaming, if not available on TV. Thats fine and no problem BUT to me that does not give a true reflection of any game. I am not going to go into the machinations of the wonders of TV and it's wanderous ability, or those who choose to watch the game that way, but for the purposes of a true honest account of any live event, surely the best accounts come from those who witness first hand.

Im not too dissapointed because I was expecting us to take another pasting today.

Yep mate, I'm not to disappointed either. In fact I'm never disppointed when we lose, in fact, I think it would be great if we lost every week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........get a grip Dunc...

For your information I was sat in Block E Row Z seat 120 of the South Stand Lower

Am I now entitled to have an opinion?

The reason I wasnt too dissapointed is because I thought we played quite well considering we had 10 first team players out injured and thought we deserved something from the game

Ok the defending was shocking for all 3 of the goals but it was a makeshift back four

Why why why why why didn't Gosling square the ball :( ?

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight because I'm just going to be thinking why why why why.......zzzz

I'd like to jump on this train also. I will be thinking about that lack of touch for weeks. The thing that amazes me is that he managed to do nothing with that run. He didn't just turn down two square teammates with an open look at the net, he didn't even get a shot in!

I have just read most and I 'stress' most of this thread. It appears that most folk on here usually watch the game via streaming, if not available on TV. Thats fine and no problem BUT to me that does not give a true reflection of any game. I am not going to go into the machinations of the wonders of TV and it's wanderous ability, or those who choose to watch the game that way, but for the purposes of a true honest account of any live event, surely the best accounts come from those who witness first hand.

No wouldn't agree to be honest mate if we are talking purely about the viewing of the game i would say you get just as good overall coverage of the game watching it from the angel that you get through tv etc its a hard call really suppose it comes down to where your sitting and so on but i wouldn't say its gives your opinion anymore credibility then anyone else's though it just sounds like abit of dig at other people's opinions in a way :huh:

Edited by EFC-Paul

ame='The Beard' date='25 Oct 2009 - 20:45' timestamp='1256503523' post='192037']

For your information I was sat in Block E Row Z seat 120 of the South Stand Lower

Am I now entitled to have an opinion?

Excuse me Dunc, I don't know where I said you are not entitled to an opinion. Can you point that out to me.

And if you're not that disappointed, as you put it, getting beat 3-2 by Bolton with a full team or not then I am afraid you are not in the real world. In your 'not to disappointed world', we can play a whole season with a makeshift back four, get tonked every week but that's ok because we will only be 'disappointed'.............I repeat get a grip.

Edited by The Beard

makeshift back four?? 4 experienced pros who have played at the top level their whole careers...1 who was playing out of position isn't really that makeshift and i'd expect a hell of a lot more from them to be honest! i can never say i'm not disappointed when we lose and don't get it...we played quite well i guess at times but to get back to 2-2 then throw it away how is that not disappointing? :blink:

I also think that after we scored our 2nd we kinda ran out of steam. I really thought we were going to kick on, but they stepped it up and we didnt have the legs to respond. Then for them to score , exactly the same type of way they scored the other two is the most dissapointing thing for me.

jo was a waste of space today, lacked confidence an was too greedy which resulted in a load of half arsed atempts. should have squared the ball to cahill as well.

dan gosling useless in the 1st half an stoopid in the 2nd, think he could become a good player 4 us in a few years but definitly shouldnt be startin yet.

saha was great, and the rest of the team done okay with all things considered but the goals we conceded today were too soft.

Do you think gosling would have started if we would have had all our midfielders today?? Obviously not haha

well said Bailey

I totally disagree, saha had a really good game, hardly lost the ball, dropped back to recieve it on many occasions, he had a really good game, so i really have to disagree with baileys comments on sahas performance

Beard im with you on this mate. I was at the game yesterday myself. And some of the comments left on here from people are totally wrong in every way. Fellaini was in one word, disgraceful, lost the ball all to often, really slow paced. Someone said it was neils fault for the 3rd goal, how was it his fault? He won the ball against davies, only for a lucky deflection back of davies into the path of klasnic. By the way i thought neill looked good today. Yes gosling should have done better with his run, but hes a young lad and shouldnt really be playing, only through injuries he is.

by the way were hammering are team here. Do you guys not realise the severity of our injury table haha, we could form a first team easily with our treatment room, so lay off them a bit. We need to get behind them, far too much negativity coming from people, just gets you down...

"I totally disagree, saha had a really good game, hardly lost the ball, dropped back to recieve it on many occasions, he had a really good game, so i really have to disagree with baileys comments on sahas performance"

I thought in the first half he was playing well, especially when we were in the ascendancy (sp). Your right he did pick up the ball, and use the ball wisely most of the time but as the game progressed and when we really needed to keep hold of the ball he struggled a little bit, losing the ball in the challenge more and letting some passes go astray. However, as I said with my Jo comments, a lot of that was due to him having little support or delivery to him.

Just to clarify, im not saying Saha didnt play well but it wasnt anymore than I expected of him as such. Whereas Jo wasnt as good but he certainly wasnt as bad as a lot of people are making out.

Edited by Bailey