IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

It is quite a sad fact of life there is an ethos of live fast die young among singers and musicians.

It is always the most talented who are "flawed" in some way, unlike Shane from Westlife, who will continue to annoy for years to come I feel. :D

ATB

Mac

I think it is nice to appreciate people of talent who died before their time.

46837[/snapback]

Hmm...good point (Can I add Phil Lynott to the list, not quite in the same league perhaps but close).

How do we then come to "Cliff" (if you mean the one who you might mean, the one whose name I dare not mention)?

Surely he fits into another group of people entirely....those without talent who we wish had died before their time :lol: .

Jim Morrison, definately.

Elvis had a voice to die for, he could sing, write and perform, just a shame he was such a terrible actor. Everyone likes at least one Elvis track.

ATB

Mac

46879[/snapback]

i like little less conversation :P so im guilty of likeing one of his tracks :P

good work Licker.

have any of you Curtis fans watched 24 Hour Party People?

one of my favourite films, the sound track is amazing.

and for the record Love Will Tear Us Apart is one of the most genius songs.

also, i want to pay a little respect to John Peel.

the mans contribution to music would far outweigh the majority of so called "artists" who have been lucky enough to get a record deal.

Hmm...good point (Can I add Phil Lynott to the list, not quite in the same league perhaps but close).

How do we then come to "Cliff" (if you mean the one who you might mean, the one whose name I dare not mention)?

Surely he fits into another group of people entirely....those without talent who we wish had died before their time :lol: .

46869[/snapback]

you saying cliff burton had no talent. how very dare you <_<

but yes phil lynott should be remembered.

My hat is off to Steve re his shout for John Peel to be recognised, without him we would not have so much of our British talent around, one springs to mind, Bowie.

Thanks John, but his taste in footie teams leaves a lot to be desired.

ATB

Mac

you saying cliff burton had no talent. how very dare you <_<

but yes phil lynott should be remembered.

47018[/snapback]

Sorry, it was actually an attempt at a Cliff Richard joke...I'm sure Cliff Burton was very talented but not my thing. Metal began and ended with Black Sabbath for me (and a bus crash is not really a very rock'n roll way to go is it?).

Edited by mikeo

My hat is off to Steve re his shout for John Peel to be recognised, without him we would not have so much of our British talent around, one springs to mind, Bowie.

Thanks John, but his taste in footie teams leaves a lot to be desired.

ATB

Mac

47020[/snapback]

we wont mention the mans taste in football teams, but if any one would like to know a little more about the legend click HERE

EDIT: take the time out to read the biography, interesting to say the least (Rod Stewart was his best-man :blink: & he does wear an Everton shirt on TV)

EDIT2:Bowie, Pink Floyd, Bill Oddie, Buzzcocks, Undertones, Pulp, The Cure, The Smiths, Billy Bragg, The Charlatans

isn't Keith Richards supposed to play Johnny Depps dad in the next Pirates Of The Carribean film?

Edited by StevO_BluE