IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

kashmir, again! making me drive like an idiot!

Just made me think, whats everyones favourite Zeppelin song? Lets take Stairway and Kashmir out of the question though because they are really obvious choices.

Also favourite Zeppelin album. And dear god don't say Best of Led Zeppelin,

I'd go for either Immigrant Song or Black Dog

and album would have to be III.

Have to admit that D'yer Maker is one of my least fave Zep songs, but then again I happen to like The Crunge which isn't generally a big fan favorite.

Anyway, favorite song is Dazed and Confused. That's one of the select few tracks by any band where I always have to turn the volume way up when it comes on, no matter what.

Favorite album goes back and forth between I and III. III has more of my "favorite" Zep songs on it than LZI does, but it also has one or two tracks that I frequently find myself skipping, whereas I almost never skip any of the tracks on LZI.

Just heard (for the second time) Ringo Starr singing Liverpool 8. Fuck me it's painful :blink: .

Led Zep for me is thirty years ago, music is secondary to people and places it conjures. Many bands from back then I still listen to but not them.

Edited by MikeO

Im a bit like that Mike, usually only play when on random playlist etc.

Though The Saxon & UFo, Rainbow the likes still get a dust off time 2 time..Oh dear did I mention Ufo..LOL.

Bet ure still spinning "Right Said Fred" though Mike - Timelass classics of course.

Shhhhhh weel keep the secret of your murky past buried mate :)

As far as Zep goes, "Since Ive been loving you" is a fave

Im finding myself listening to placebo of late as well as the charlatans

PAT: used to love SAXON in my youth along with ZZ TOP, DIO.

MIKE: Ringo star (as mac would say) is a twit. His sullen self obsessed self opinionate bollocks anoyes me. That song could be good, but he cant sing. I think he has a bit of an inferiority complex (RIGHTLY SO). The way he bad mouths liverpool then promotes a song saying how much he misses it

COCK HEAD

Was on the guest list and back stage at Iron Maiden, Saxon & Samson (what happened to them?) gig at Guildford Civic hall (1200 capacity, now knocked down I believe) B) . A lot of big characters in one small changing room....must have been about 1980. Also saw UFO there (still listen to Doctor Doctor) several times. Rainbow I saw at Hamersmith Odeon (as was) with friends of mine in the support band. Memories :D .

Right Said Fred...how did you know :lol::lol: ? Listened several hundred times to their timeless classic album "UP" but as it was in the studio and I got paid to do it I carry no shame ;) .

With you completely on Starr Zed. Asked what he misses about Liverpool this week he says "nothing." So what's he doing there? Trying to flog his shitty album, Dave Stewart is the one who surprises me going along with the idiot.

Edited by MikeO

Was on the guest list and back stage at Iron Maiden, Saxon & Samson (what happened to them?) gig at Guildford Civic hall (1200 capacity, now knocked down I believe) B) .

Dang...wish I could've seen a show like that! Course I was probably about 2 or 3 at the time - little young to appreciate it. :D

Paul Samson died of cancer in 2002, and since he pretty much was the band it basically died with him. The only other guy who was committed to the group long-term was the bassist (who's also dead now)...everyone else was a revolving door, in and out and sometimes back in again.