IGNORED

Liverpool's Troubles

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez admits his dream is to coach Spain but reiterates his immediate future is at Anfield. "Right now I have four years left in my contract with Liverpool and I am very happy there," he told www.as.com. "But, of course, in a few years, once [spain coach Vicente] Del Bosque ends his work, I would like to be Spain coach." (1329 BST) Full story: www.as.com (in Spanish)

NOOOOOOO! he will definately leave!!!

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez admits his dream is to coach Spain but reiterates his immediate future is at Anfield. "Right now I have four years left in my contract with Liverpool and I am very happy there," he told www.as.com. "But, of course, in a few years, once [spain coach Vicente] Del Bosque ends his work, I would like to be Spain coach." (1329 BST) Full story: www.as.com (in Spanish)

NOOOOOOO! he will definately leave!!!

Lol I wouldnt worry too much, I would like to shag Cheryl Cole one day but I cant see that happening either!

David Moores's letter to The Times...

"...it has been hard for me, sitting mute on the sidelines as the club I love suffers one blow after another. Since resigning from the board I have not set foot inside Anfield - and it hurts. I hugely regret selling the club to George Gillett and Tom Hicks. I believe that, at best, they have bitten off much more than they can chew. Giving them that benefit of the doubt - that they started off with grand ideals that they were never realistically going to achieve - I call upon them now to stand back, accept their limitations as joint owners of Liverpool Football Club, acknowledge their role in the club‘s current demise, and stand aside, with dignity, to allow someone else to take up the challenge. Don’t punish the club’s supporters any more - God knows they’ve taken enough. Take an offer, be realistic over the price, make it possible. Let the club go."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7136761.ece

O'Neill is the favourite to take over from Benitez, so we can all be safe in the knowledge that they'll still have a poor manager :P.

Seems to be a three horse race with O'Neill, Hodgson and Dalglish according to the bookies.

The Liverpool forums are in meltdown, raging against the board. It's so sad :P .

Rafa's done a great job imo, spent only £220m (£120m net) to get them to seventh. Apparently he reckons that if they give him another £50m he can challenge for fourth. Disgraceful of the owners not to back him :blink: .

Guest Reg Reagan

RAFA BENITEZ'S reign as Liverpool boss is all but over.

The Anfield board were last night locked in talks with him over the size of his pay-off.

Benitez's six-year rule is ending with Inter Milan being desperate to sign him, as revealed exclusively in The Sun.

He was offered £3m to leave but refused as his contract - which has four years to run - guarantees £16m.

The Benitez era became doomed when Liverpool chiefs felt he had lost the support of senior players.

And he realised the end was close after again meeting chairman Martin Broughton and managing director Christian Purslow.

The Spaniard, who led Liverpool to Champions League glory but did not win the Premier League, was furious to learn there was little cash to spend.

Candidates for the job are Croatia boss Slaven Bilic, Turkey chief Guus Hiddink, Benfica's Jorge Jesus and Fulham's Roy Hodgson.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2997567/Rafa-Benitez-is-on-his-way-out-of-Anfield.html#ixzz0pnUDjBJc

Big protest meeting outside Anfield tonight according to the forums....a lot of people saying they'll boycott merchandise and not go to matches until the nice American gentlemen leave.

Ah....the joys (proven yet again) of the riskiness of the "dream billionaire benefactor," they were so happy just three short years ago when they thought they were going to buy the world.