IGNORED

Liverpool's Troubles

Ladbrokes have them at 20-1 to be relegated :P .

http://www.ladbrokes.com/lbr_sports?action=go_sgl_external&popup=1&AFF_ID=839&ev_oc_id=253100478&lp_num=20&lp_den=1

Lawrenson...

"If anyone didn't already know, take Gerrard and Torres out of the Liverpool team and it is ordinary in the least.

In all honesty, if Liverpool spent the season without Gerrard and Torres, then Liverpool would do well to finish halfway up the table."

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think he would command that much now, he's 30 in May so a 4 year contract would be his last, and no sell on fee plus he will now start missing a lot of games .....

"Gerrard scored his first senior goal in a 4–1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday. However, he began to suffer from nagging back problems, which sports consultant Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt later diagnosed as a result of accelerated growth, coupled with excessive playing, during his teenage years. He was then beset by groin injuries that required four separate operations".

If he had those problems as a lad he'll have them even more when he's in his 30s. I can see him running down his contract at Redshite and moving on to whoever offers the biggest wage packet.

I disagree Bill, I know he's had an indifferent season but I suspect that is down to the fact that he's just had enough of Benitez and the board and half wants to force them out so he's not doing his usual one man band act. He's still probably the best player in the world and the board would be lynched if they sold him, even for £50m. 29 is his prime age, I know what you are saying about his growing pains etc but I still can't see that putting anyone off, if he asked for a transfer tomorrow I think nearly every top team in the world would be after him.

The funniest thing about Liverpool is that everyone must know by now that Benitez is totally losing the plot but they are so much in debt that they can't afford to sack him.

Once again brings me to back to thinking about all those criticising Kenwright and how we can't find investors (unlike Portsmouth, QPR, Liverpool etc) yet the majority of investors/chairmen in the Premiership are jokes and have done nothing but ruin the clubs not help them.

No Carl, i'm not saying nobody would buy him, but it would have to be half of that fee, just saying the next contract would be his last, he would then be 34-35.

I cant see anybody paying £50m and then paying him another £6m a year in wages, £80m in 4 years and no sell-on fee. :blink:

Which is why i think he will run down his contract and be a freebee for the highest wages. ;)

Ithink it all depends on the yanks selling the club and to be honest they will be bought alot quicker than us for some reason ;) If the sheiks come in Gerrard will stay if not i can see him going to City in the summer. He would be a "marquee" signing they have been craving and a short move for Tithead who would get a five year deal at £140,00 or so.

Iv just seen the Liverpool team to playing Stoke at the mo and they have 3 CB's, 3 FB's and 2 Defensive Midfielders all playing in the same team!

I also just caught a glimpse of the dive/penalty and although initially I thought it was a pen the replays show Lucas is already on his way down before he makes contact with the defender.

I'm glad they beat Spurs. If anyone is going to break into the Top 4 then I want it to be us, not Villa, Spurs, City etc.

Fair point Mark.....but it'll be another false dawn I think. Watch them get beat by Wolves next time out.

Reckon 65 points could be enough for fourth this year.....so all we need is 39 from 17 games. 12 wins, 3 draws and two losses. Could happen :P .

Listening to Liverpool fans today talking about this result [spurs] being their turning point was hillarious , how many times have they said that. Yes they were all smiles and excited, you'd think they'd won the premiership .

I was in two minds , if they keep losing they could go into meltdown but might sack Raffatta and along comes a a manager who knows how to win games , or , they could win the odd game here and there and keep faith in Raffatta . The longer he stays the better for everybody.

Listening to Liverpool fans today talking about this result [spurs] being their turning point was hillarious , how many times have they said that. Yes they were all smiles and excited, you'd think they'd won the premiership .

I was in two minds , if they keep losing they could go into meltdown but might sack Raffatta and along comes a a manager who knows how to win games , or , they could win the odd game here and there and keep faith in Raffatta . The longer he stays the better for everybody.

Chelsea fan, spot on!.....Raffa needs to win the odd game.....they MUST NOT get rid of him.He's got a long contract, please, please may he see it through to the end.

I watched most of the Spurs vs RS game and I was surprised about how bad Spurs actually were. Kyriagkos or whatever his bloody name is absolutely owned Crouch and it shows how shite he is when a defender has decent aerial ability. The difference between the two sides was that Liverpool wanted it more and it helped with them going up early doors.

IMO the normal top 4 + Us, Spurs, City, VIlla and to an extent Fulham are similar (ish) and on the day it comes down to who wants it more.

its wonderful to watch! my uncle upped his bet to 100CHF now from 50 because they won (bet is that we will finish above them). Theyre so fickle!

Im torn between wanting Rafa to leave or not. Of course i want him to stay so that they continue to fail but at the same time sacking him will cost LFC a fortune meaning they will have to sell their players and then hopefully spiral into administration and relegation (i can dream at least!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The most predictable 45mins this season?

"Absolutely abysmal" was one of the kinder comments on the radio.

Not a single attempt on target.

City v Liverpool....couldn't be anyone else. Just love the fact that everyone knew it was going to be a totally shite game and they haven't let us down :P .

....and they kept up the quality to the end...

BBC..."Manchester City and Liverpool played out a tedious stalemate at Eastlands..."

Robbie Savage...

"As we watch the Liverpool players warming down at Eastlands, that's as quick as a few of them have moved all day. I've rarely been so disappointed - they didn't want to win it, either of them."

• 2 weeks later...

Good News!!

Liverpool’s hopes of securing a top-four finish have been further hit after boss Rafael Benitez confirmed key defender Fabio Aurelio will be out for up to three weeks.

The injury-prone full-back suffered his latest setback when he sustained a thigh injury in the 2-1 win over Blackburn on Sunday.

The news is the latest defensive blow for Benitez following the confirmation earlier in the week that Martin Skrtel will miss the rest of the season with a foot injury.

Source:Premier League soccer blog

Pity that Greek dude isn't injured too after what he did to Fellaini!

^^^ Injury problems obviously will hinder Rafa's quest for 4th^^^

But, as long as Torres and Gerrard can stay on the pitch you would have thought they could cope with injuries.

After all, they have a massive squad, that Rafa has spent a fortune assembling and he can call upon his youth set up, he's spent millions on his youth policy.Signing young talent from all over Spain.....I mean the world.

They might hate the Yanks.....but wherever the money has come from, borrowed or not they have spent a vast fortune and will probably secure 4th spot.