IGNORED

Liverpool's Troubles

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a quick scan of RAWK to see what they make of it...usual suspects being slagged off (the ref, Rafa, luck, Dossena, Lucas, Kuyt, the ref, the pitch, Carragher, the ref, Johnson) but they're also starting to turn on Gerrard (and to a lesser extent Torres)!

"And again from Gerrard - ball perfectly into his feet, and he fucks it up, leading to Pompey goal on the break. Shocking stuff."

"Mash and Lucas have been quality - the toothless is coming from Gerrard and, to an extent, Torres. Gerrard can't keep the ball to save his life at the moment, and isn't playing for the team at all."

"Gerrard is poor today like he has been the entire season. so to be honest with ya i dont expect anything form him.."

"Honestly Gerrard needs to f**k off!! he's dragging the team to hell with his heartless performances this season!!"

Had a quick scan of RAWK to see what they make of it...usual suspects being slagged off (the ref, Rafa, luck, Dossena, Lucas, Kuyt, the ref, the pitch, Carragher, the ref, Johnson) but they're also starting to turn on Gerrard (and to a lesser extent Torres)!

"And again from Gerrard - ball perfectly into his feet, and he fucks it up, leading to Pompey goal on the break. Shocking stuff."

"Mash and Lucas have been quality - the toothless is coming from Gerrard and, to an extent, Torres. Gerrard can't keep the ball to save his life at the moment, and isn't playing for the team at all."

"Gerrard is poor today like he has been the entire season. so to be honest with ya i dont expect anything form him.."

"Honestly Gerrard needs to f**k off!! he's dragging the team to hell with his heartless performances this season!!"

That's very surprising; I never thought they'd turn on the two golden boys.

That's very surprising; I never thought they'd turn on the two golden boys.

You have to admit though Gerrard has been fairly anonymous in most of their games, or at least the ones I have seen. He barely had a touch in the derby, did nothing against Arsenal and I dont even remember hearing his name in the game at Pompey today. IMO you know the true quality of a player when the team are in the shit and doing badly. Its easy for players to look good when their team are on top and playing good football but when backs are against the wall its the player that fights for every ball thats really priceless. Today Pompey had 11 and Liverpool 1 (Torres imo) had none and thats why they lost.

I think its ridiculous that they are turning on Torres. To me he doesnt look fit yet he still worked hard up front with very little service. Yes he gave away fouls and lost possession but at least he tried.

Gerrard :wub:

It continues...

Their new hero...

2050: Alberto Aquilani tries to cross from the Liverpool right but he falls over and it flies out for goalkick, much to the amusement of the home fans.

And the old one...

"If Gerrard goes on performing like this for the rest of the season, does he still warrant a place on the plane to SA for the 2010 World Cup? Surely his reputation must not go before his form."

2100: Steven Gerrard's woeful evening continues as he hits a corner over everyone and out for a throw-in.

2102: This game has rapidly shifted from frustrating to rubbish. Both teams keep giving the ball away and moves are breaking down with alarming regularity.

It continues...

Their new hero...

2050: Alberto Aquilani tries to cross from the Liverpool right but he falls over and it flies out for goalkick, much to the amusement of the home fans.

And the old one...

"If Gerrard goes on performing like this for the rest of the season, does he still warrant a place on the plane to SA for the 2010 World Cup? Surely his reputation must not go before his form."

2100: Steven Gerrard's woeful evening continues as he hits a corner over everyone and out for a throw-in.

2102: This game has rapidly shifted from frustrating to rubbish. Both teams keep giving the ball away and moves are breaking down with alarming regularity.

This game with Villa will be won or lost with a dive from either Gerrrard or Young. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Aldridge saying Rafa should be gone by now, Lawrensen scathing again, the crowd booing....out of all domestic competition with the new year only a fortnight old, forums turning on Gerrard. Incredible.

Has to be purely financial that the manager is still there....they can't afford to sack him.

Although I hope to god he stays if he was any sort of man he'd resign.

Makes your heart bleed doesn't it :lmaosmiley: .

"The most glaring aspect of the match was the fact that Reading had absolutely no apprehension. If they noticed the 'This Is Anfield' sign in the tunnel the team would surely have done no more than shrug."

Kevin McCarra....The Guardian.

I have to agree Mike. I watched the game on the Telly and I was shocked at just how poor and inept the tactics and play seemed to be.

Do you know of any Spanish Resturants looking for a waiter? :lol:

Seriously, the man is a total idiot for a top team's manager. He does not have a clue, and more to the point, neither do the players it seems.

It is so sad I could cry............laughing.

I suspect that no matter what the cost, sooner or later Rafa will be gone. And in this state so will the golden twosome (Gerrard and Torres)

Any bets on Gerrard going to City and Torres to Madrid by the start of next season (or sooner)???

I bet if someone like City or Madrid/Barca offered somewhere between 30-50mil for Gerrard I bet the owners would want to sell and he would be forced out of the club (although he might want to go if Rafa is still there!).

Dont think he would command that much now, he's 30 in May so a 4 year contract would be his last, and no sell on fee plus he will now start missing a lot of games .....

"Gerrard scored his first senior goal in a 4–1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday. However, he began to suffer from nagging back problems, which sports consultant Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt later diagnosed as a result of accelerated growth, coupled with excessive playing, during his teenage years. He was then beset by groin injuries that required four separate operations".

If he had those problems as a lad he'll have them even more when he's in his 30s. I can see him running down his contract at Redshite and moving on to whoever offers the biggest wage packet.

"Liverpool striker Fernando Torres needs an operation on his right knee and will be out of action for six weeks.

Steven Gerrard and Yossi Benayoun have also joined the Reds' injury list.

Gerrard will miss two weeks with a hamstring strain, while Benayoun faces three to four weeks on the sidelines because of a fractured rib."

Dont think he would command that much now, he's 30 in May so a 4 year contract would be his last, and no sell on fee plus he will now start missing a lot of games .....

"Gerrard scored his first senior goal in a 4–1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday. However, he began to suffer from nagging back problems, which sports consultant Hans-Wilhelm Müller-Wohlfahrt later diagnosed as a result of accelerated growth, coupled with excessive playing, during his teenage years. He was then beset by groin injuries that required four separate operations".

If he had those problems as a lad he'll have them even more when he's in his 30s. I can see him running down his contract at Redshite and moving on to whoever offers the biggest wage packet.

He may not command that much but if a 'sizeable' bid went in then I bet the owners would bite their hand off considering. A similar thing can be said of Torres, or probably any of their decent players. Even after finishing 2nd Mascherano was looking at leaving and Alonso did!