IGNORED

Jermaine Beckford

I was told that we had watched him, as Romney says he is not a kid so why is he only showing now, when he went to Leeds he was more of a jobber than anything. Jermaine has a bloody big mouth on him as well, that lack of respect would never help him to become endear by Moyes, not for me and I don't think the gaffer would want him for reasons stated

His goal tally is second to none at the moment, and he has scored goals wherever he has been

--------------- Games -- Goals

Wealdstone ..... 82 ....(54)

Uxbridge... (loan) 7 .....(2)

Carlisle......(loan) 4 .....(1)

Scunthorpe.(loan)18 ....(8)

Leeds United .... 105 ...(63)

............Total... 216 ... 128

Having said that i think he has reached a level where he is comfortable, and a step up to the prem would be too much. If he was 21 i'd say yes but at 26 it has to be a no. ;)

Was just going to say that Bill, he has a cracking goal record but he hasn't played for a Premiership team, I think he's similar to a James Beattie, found his form in the lower leagues. A move up IMO would be a mistake for him because he's just not capable.

We'll see next season though as he looks to be a Newcastle player in January.

For 1.5mil its hardly going to hurt too many Premiership teams to take a punt on him. He is clearly a goal scorer but it just depends whether he can get the service. Im not necessarily saying it would be a good buy but if he cant cut it then it shouldn't be too hard to flog him for a fairly reasonable price to a Championship team.

Seen quite alot of Beckford since he joined Leeds and he is not Prem material far from it and chances are he will struggle to score many or anything like he has previously in the Championship, He looked decent against United but a United team that looked the poorest i've seen them play in a long time plus it's a cup game and anyone can look a world beater for a day.

In terms of if i'd like him here or he would be worth a punt it would be a no from me he has a poor attitude and at his age he won't get much if any better and at the moment he's Championship material at best.

Edited by EFC-Paul