IGNORED

Birmingham (home)

cols

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not happy about losing to them at all. They are very average, and although you could say the same argument would have been levelled at us previously... they are not a good side imo. We need to stop conceding crappy goals.

On a positive though, Spud came back and showed some real class in the time he was on.

That's what we get for thinking we'd turn up and have a divine right to win because we outplayed Arsenal and City in our past 2 matches.

Oh well, only positive is that Arteta is back and he still looks class. Still a bit pissed he went for glory at that free kick in the end instead of delivering a cross

Fucking disgusting. Strolling into the match not even arsed and then chasing fucking shadows when SURPRISE, we concede 2 goals.

That's the season done and dusted. Don't even cross your fingers for the Europa League because the Yobo-Distin partnership will prove to be a casualty.

More so, the likes of Pienaar now have less incentive to sign a new contract. :lol:

Im absolutely gutted! I only got in to see the last 30mins but we were all over them and should have scored a couple at the end.

Having said that its not the worst thing that could have happened. Although average on paper Birmingham are a well organised unit they are very hard to break down.

The best bit of news is that Mikky is back and when Felli pushed forward him and Pienaar absolutely ran the game so its not all bad news.

Roll on Sunderland...

Why does Moyes refuse to play Coleman it's ridiculous give the kid a chance

Im only guessing but maybe its because he is a young lad that whilst be an exciting prospect has no experience in the Premiership and although he is excellent going forward is a little nieve defensively and so is not quite ready

I have watched him on several occasions and I do like the look of him but during the preseaon and whilst playing for the reserves he has been caught out on several occasions because he bombs on too much.

Moyse sees him every day in training and Im sure he knows what he is doing, maybe he is just trying to bring on the defensive side of his game before he throws him in at the deep end

I thought we deserved something out of the game but credit were credit is due we were beaten because Birmingham played us at our own game in the first half.

They outfought us for every fifty fifty ball and were superb defensively and scored 2 very well taken goals with there only 2 shots on goal.

Yes we were poor first half but a lot of that was down to how well birmingham fought to close us down. We stepped it up in the second half and were much the better side but it was evident again that we couldnt take our chances

I am a fan of Louis Saha but if he is trying to earn a £60k a week contract he didnt do himself any favours today, he looked totally unintersted

I thought we deserved something out of the game but credit were credit is due we were beaten because Birmingham played us at our own game in the first half.

They outfought us for every fifty fifty ball and were superb defensively and scored 2 very well taken goals with there only 2 shots on goal.

Yes we were poor first half but a lot of that was down to how well birmingham fought to close us down. We stepped it up in the second half and were much the better side but it was evident again that we couldnt take our chances

I am a fan of Louis Saha but if he is trying to earn a £60k a week contract he didnt do himself any favours today, he looked totally unintersted

Came on to post but you've beaten me to everything Dunc. Agree 100% with all your comments. Very disappointed tonight but roll on Wednesday and hopefully get it out of our system with a resounding win. COYB!!

Back down to earth with a bump eh? :(

What happened between City and yesterday? It was the exact same 11 but they played a completely different game. Surely Moyes didn't send them out there with the long ball game plan? If he did he is a moron. And if he didn't I hope he tore strips off the players for being so clueless that after seeing it not working they still bloody carried on with it. We had no urgency in our play, no ideas beyond hoof the ball, and there was just no penetration in attack. We're so slow to do anything which is a mistake against a well organised side like Birmingham - we were getting throw-ins etc and taking an age to do anything so Birmingham were getting the chance to get themselves full organised. That first half was horrendous to watch and defensively we just melted away for their goals. It was a bit of a shock to the system after how well we've been playing tbh. The second half was better but it still wasn't up there at the level we've showed for the past month or so. I hope this is just a blip and we put it right against Sunderland on Wednesday.

Howard - I don't know if he could have done anything for their goals because I was at the other end of the pitch but he had a reasonably solid game.

Neville - Provided a good outlet going forward.

Heitinga - Must have been wondering what he was playing alongside (Dustbin) yesterday and I think that affected his play because he looked panicked a couple of times, but generally he played well.

Distin - He is fucking useless and a waste of money. He can't even head the ball for god's sake, does he have a 50p head? Yesterday, other than Bily, he was our worst player. As a defender himself, surely Moyes is displeased by what he's seen of him so far?

Baines - Needs to pull his finger out of his arse. He's always been saved on his poor defensive play by being great going forward but it's lacking this season and yesterday was no different.

Donovan - Didn't play all that well tbh and was barely involved.

Fellaini - He didn't play badly but he put a few passes astray and didn't impose himself on the game the way he has recently.

Pienaar - I gave him my MOTM vote because he was the most involved of our midfielders but I don't think he did enough tbh, mostly in the first half though tbf.

Bily - What can I say about Bily? He looked totally lost right from the first whistle. He is incapable of losing his man; he just stands around rather than moving into space to receive the ball. Because of this Baines has no one to give the ball to down the left and he either has to come inside or pump it long. I hope he'll be like Fellaini, i.e. perform poorly in his first season while still grabbing goals and then show his true quality in his second season.

Cahill - He's living off reputation alone atm. He had another poor game yesterday and Moyes needs to grow a pair and drop him or at least sub him ffs. I won't hold my breath though.

Saha - Looks like he wants out, so fuck him off and play Vaughan because he'll work his arse off for us.

Back down to earth with a bump eh? :(

What happened between City and yesterday? It was the exact same 11 but they played a completely different game. Surely Moyes didn't send them out there with the long ball game plan? If he did he is a moron. And if he didn't I hope he tore strips off the players for being so clueless that after seeing it not working they still bloody carried on with it. We had no urgency in our play, no ideas beyond hoof the ball, and there was just no penetration in attack. We're so slow to do anything which is a mistake against a well organised side like Birmingham - we were getting throw-ins etc and taking an age to do anything so Birmingham were getting the chance to get themselves full organised. That first half was horrendous to watch and defensively we just melted away for their goals. It was a bit of a shock to the system after how well we've been playing tbh. The second half was better but it still wasn't up there at the level we've showed for the past month or so. I hope this is just a blip and we put it right against Sunderland on Wednesday.

Howard - I don't know if he could have done anything for their goals because I was at the other end of the pitch but he had a reasonably solid game.

Neville - Provided a good outlet going forward.

Heitinga - Must have been wondering what he was playing alongside (Dustbin) yesterday and I think that affected his play because he looked panicked a couple of times, but generally he played well.

Distin - He is fucking useless and a waste of money. He can't even head the ball for god's sake, does he have a 50p head? Yesterday, other than Bily, he was our worst player. As a defender himself, surely Moyes is displeased by what he's seen of him so far?

Baines - Needs to pull his finger out of his arse. He's always been saved on his poor defensive play by being great going forward but it's lacking this season and yesterday was no different.

Donovan - Didn't play all that well tbh and was barely involved.

Fellaini - He didn't play badly but he put a few passes astray and didn't impose himself on the game the way he has recently.

Pienaar - I gave him my MOTM vote because he was the most involved of our midfielders but I don't think he did enough tbh, mostly in the first half though tbf.

Bily - What can I say about Bily? He looked totally lost right from the first whistle. He is incapable of losing his man; he just stands around rather than moving into space to receive the ball. Because of this Baines has no one to give the ball to down the left and he either has to come inside or pump it long. I hope he'll be like Fellaini, i.e. perform poorly in his first season while still grabbing goals and then show his true quality in his second season.

Cahill - He's living off reputation alone atm. He had another poor game yesterday and Moyes needs to grow a pair and drop him or at least sub him ffs. I won't hold my breath though.

Saha - Looks like he wants out, so fuck him off and play Vaughan because he'll work his arse off for us.

What happened is we came up against a Birmingham side that beat us at our own game ie excellent defensively and closed us down superbly all over the pitch and took the only 2 chances that came thier way

What happened is we came up against a Birmingham side that beat us at our own game ie excellent defensively and closed us down superbly all over the pitch and took the only 2 chances that came thier way

We came up against a shite side with no plan other than to lump the ball. 75 percent of the players weren't even fucking arsed. When we went 2 goals down we then began to finally play some football but for fuck sake it should have been that way from the get go. :lol:

These are shit. Its disgusting that we lose to shit at home.

Edited by Moey

name='Moey'

We came up against a shite side with no plan other than to lump the ball. 75 percent of the players weren't even fucking arsed. When we went 2 goals down we then began to finally play some football but for fuck sake it should have been that way from the get go. :lol:

These are shit. Its disgusting that we lose to shit at home.

---------

We are usually that side you just described, so i think they deserve a bit more credit than that.

They have gone 15 games undefeated, which is a good run in the Prem, and they beat us at our own game.

Their shite is better than ours, cos theirs is floating above ours. ;)

Bill is right.

I presume that the reason Birmingham are being called shite, is because they aren't perceived as a 'big club'. Well, the reality is that McLeish is doing a super job at that club and they deserve some credit. Otherwise, we just look like we know nothing about the game.

Surely in this modern era where money talks, we can appreciate a side for punching above their weight - lets face it there probably isn't a side that have had more credit in the last 5 years for punching above their weight than we have.

7 days ago we were all raving after the City game. We were poor yesterday and deserved to go out. I'm gutted as I love the FA Cup, but them's the breaks.

We have two huge games in the next week - we need to take 6 points from the games with Sunderland and Wigan, so that we have something to hang on to during a dificult February.

Unless we perform miracles in the Europa Cup (there are too many better sides left in it) we have to tkae on the chin that a top half leaue finish is what this season is to be.

Bill is right.

I presume that the reason Birmingham are being called shite, is because they aren't perceived as a 'big club'. Well, the reality is that McLeish is doing a super job at that club and they deserve some credit. Otherwise, we just look like we know nothing about the game.

Birmingham are shite though. More than half the players on their starting line up wouldn't make it into our squad.

The fact of the matter is, we went into the first half not even arsed and then when we conceded two goals in succession, THEN did we up the tempo and give them a game. Pathetic. Should have been that way from the get go.

If you are happy to accept that a team one world class signing off being a top 4 team is struggling for a mid table position in the league and is knocked out of the F.A Cup, to BIRMINGHAM, AT HOME then that's your prerogative.

Enjoy seeing Steven Pienaar leave in the summer.

No way are Birmingham a shit side, good in defence, able to counter attack and play as a team.Maybe a couple of injuries and a loss or two will bring them crashing down, but while it lasts good luck to them!

The stream I watched it on was more stop than start, though Bily through me a couple of times, by not actually moving even when the stream was running :blink:

The Man City game was hyped up and the players were up for it, as was away at Arsenal, just seems, that home to Birmingham, and it was ok were going to win, even if we have to score in the last minute or so......oh shit were a goal down, no worries......shit two down, better start playing a bit now, trouble is Birmingham wouldn't roll over for us.

Some players more than others were guilty of this, the match report by Romey above will save me alot of typing, think he nailed it.

Good teams lose football matches, Birmingham will lose soon enough, probably when they do what we did and underestimate an opponent.So we move on and beat Sunderland.....not the Sunderland that are mid table who we should be able to beat because we out played liverpool, Arsenal and City......but the Sunderland where we will need every player to play 100% from the first minute to the last.

Come on Mr Moyes, pick players who will give 100%, thats what Birmingham have been doing.

Without doubt Brum were us about 5 years ago yesterday, marked tight, played for each other and attacked to a plan. it is not pretty to watch but its effective, they had a plan and carried it out, well done Brum.

We actually played some very good stuff in the second half. I was pleased to see the back of Saha as his approach to our last few games has been crap, contract talks having stalled so he is not interested. If we sign Huntelaar and get him playing he'll bring more to the table than a sulking Saha is doing. The problem with Louis is that on his day he is sublime, a treat to watch but when his heart isn't in it he should be shot.

I look at yesterdays match as a part of a learning curve, wait until we have beaten Sunderland out of sight before getting too upset, we do have a very good team.

One other thing I wish some Blues wouldn't sound like Citeh fans, Brum have gone 15 games unbeaten, they are a good team playing in a fashion that suits them, there is no need to be disrespectful

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Without doubt Brum were us about 5 years ago yesterday, marked tight, played for each other and attacked to a plan. it is not pretty to watch but its effective, they had a plan and carried it out, well done Brum.

We actually played some very good stuff in the second half. I was pleased to see the back of Saha as his approach to our last few games has been crap, contract talks having stalled so he is not interested. If we sign Huntelaar and get him playing he'll bring more to the table than a sulking Saha is doing. The problem with Louis is that on his day he is sublime, a treat to watch but when his heart isn't in it he should be shot.

I look at yesterdays match as a part of a learning curve, wait until we have beaten Sunderland out of site before getting too upset, we do have a very good team.

One other thing I wish some Blues wouldn't sound like Citeh fans, Brum havwe gone 15 games unbeaten, they are a good team playing in a fashion that suits them, there is no need to be disrespectful

I definately agree with that last bit, in fact you beat me too it! I cant believe some blues are so short sighted and cant see that this is what we did to teams a few years ago and have even done this year. On paper they are a worse team, even Birmingham fans cant deny that but the game isnt played on paper and from what I have read on here it sounds like we didnt turn up for the 1st 45 mins and you cant expect to beat any Premierhip team if you dont do that...