IGNORED

Birmingham (home)

cols

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A workmate is from Birmingham and goes for City, will be a good match with both teams enjoying unbeaten runs..

I'm considering subscribing to setanta sports in australia (seperate to the failed parent company) for 1 month (though I think the minimum is 2) to watch the game.. otherwise it's radio/web.

IMO its either going to be a pasting or a very close game.

Id look to stick with the same starting 11, maybe bringing Coleman in at RB and possibly Vaughan in place of Saha.

Yeah IMO I think we will either win, lose or possibly even draw!

I thought Neville was superb last week so I would stick with him and there is no comparison with Saha and Vaughan if Louis is fit he starts its as simple as that

I forgot that this a was a cup game, I think we'll be even more up for it. I think also the news that Mikky, Rodders and Jags are not far from coming back will also add a bit of inspiration. I'm expecting 3-0. Saha, Felli and Donovan. Tim Howard will also save a penalty.

bloody hell thats one heck of a precise prediction!

Im going with 2-1 to us, Donovan with a last-gasp winner after battering them all game. keep the same team.

There is a rumour doing the rounds in Liverpool that Mikel Arteta had a medical on Monday and absolutely flew through it and that he may make a surprise return to the squad on Saturday and if not should definitely be back by Wednesday.

As far as the starting XI I would stick with the side that beat Man City

Sounds like Mikky might be back!? Although again its just a rumour! Would be nice to see him even if it is on the bench. He'd get a huge cheer if he went to warm up!

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/news/arteta-in-squad-for-birmingham/

Edited by Bailey

Sounds like Mikky might be back!? Although again its just a rumour! Would be nice to see him even if it is on the bench. He'd get a huge cheer if he went to warm up!

http://www.sos1878.co.uk/news/arteta-in-squad-for-birmingham/

The rumour is definately gathering pace!

http://followeverton.com/2010/01/22/arteta-may-return/

I saw that Arteta rumour on kipper. Mikel himself has been saying on Twitter that he's hoping to be back for the derby.

If he could be ready by then I don't see why he couldn't go on the bench tomorrow and get 10-15 minutes if were doin well. I'm not the pysio though so don't know quite how well he's doing!

2-0 win I reckon, were playing good football at the moment and I think we can keep it up and break another teams unbeaten run.

If Arteta is on the bench today, I'll be made up, I'm sure pretty much like everyone else. However, I'd be very surprised if he gets any minutes on the pitch. I'd love to be at the ground to hear the cheer that's bound to erupt, when they do read his name out. I think even putting him on the bench, will just give the crowd that extra lift, never mind the players.

There's no point in rushing Arteta back. We have the option of weaving our players in now and its a nice luxury.

I think Fellaini and Pienaar will dominate these - we just have to hope that Cahill and whoever is in front of him is firing on all cylinders.

Edited by Moey

Even seeing him on the bench will be enough.. still got that Hull freekick in my head :)

He's there :) !!

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/arteta-makes-bench.html

Unchanged team...

Howard, Heitinga, Bilyaletdinov, Saha, Donovan, Distin, Cahill, Neville, Pienaar, Baines, Fellaini.

Subs: Nash, Arteta, Vaughan, Osman, Coleman, Duffy, Baxter