IGNORED

Kris Boyd

In the times I've seen him play for Rangers I think he's been OK. Obviously has a good goal scoring record in the SPL, but that certainly doesn't mean he would be able to cut it out in the Premier League.

It would be a gamble to purchase him, if he was coming in on a free then I would consider it but if any fee was involved I think we shouldn't bother.

Cant be any worse than Beckford tbh...

Well put...... if the rumours turn out to be true and Beckford's coming our way I'd much rather have Boyd, sure I'm not massively keen on the idea but he contributes more to the all round game and would be certainly the lesser of these two evils well IMO anyway!

• 3 months later...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

From SkySports site...

10.00 There are plenty of transfer rumours flying around on Sunday morning with Real Madrid and Manchester United reportedly tracking ex-Chelsea man Michael Ballack. Everton are believed to have set their sights on Rangers striker Kris Boyd.

Seems completely ridiculous to me. At the moment up front we have..

Yakubu

Saha

Anichebe

Vaughan

Silva

Jutkiewizc

Beckford

Agard

Baxter

....nine strikers going for a single place (assuming a 4-5-1).

Unless we're going to have a serious clear-out I don't see the need for another :huh: .

If we did shift out the three who look possible (Yak, JV, Jukebox) then we need someone with a bit of proven track record at the top level I'd have thought.

Yakubu

Saha

Anichebe

Vaughan

Silva

Jutkiewizc

Beckford

Agard

Baxter

....nine strikers going for a single place (assuming a 4-5-1).

I think Yak's off, Chebe's viewed as more of a winger, think Vaughan and Jukebox are off too and I see Baxter as more of a 'forward' e.g. cahill/scholes role. Leaving space for this 'top-class' striker moyes has mentioned...

I'd rather see Jukebox (who also scored goals in Scotland - not as many but for a far worse team) get his chance rather than sign Boyd.

So would I. He's scored one in three for Motherwell and when Boyd was at a similar level (Kilmarnock) he was on about a goal every two and a half, so not a lot in it.

The phrase "picking peanuts out of poo" springs to mind when thinking of our summer dealings so far.

There may be peanuts in there and there may be gold.

Not that I rate Boyd.

business venture maybe, similar to Neill's deal - sign him up and ship him on for a nice profit.

I'm going to double down on this.

Edited by chicagoblue

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=glasgow-rangers-striker-kris-boyd-would-welcome-move-to-everton-fc%26method=full%26objectid=26668908%26siteid=92534-name_page.html

I love this line -

And given the recent acquisition of Jermaine Beckford, Boyd would not be an automatic first choice at Goodison Park

Like signing Beckford makes any difference to our other strikers whatsoever :lol:.

• 6 months later...