IGNORED

Martin Petrov

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant say that I would be really bothered wether we got him or not.

He was absolutely awful for City last season and so it is no real surprise that City

have binned him

Totally disagree.The problem Petrov had last season was he knew however well he played he was getting replaced as soon as the "big" signings were fit. I work in Manchester and the City fans think he is a really good player that has been unfairly treated but, they dont care cos they will buy someone else. Same goes for Ohnuha(?)

Totally disagree.The problem Petrov had last season was he knew however well he played he was getting replaced as soon as the "big" signings were fit. I work in Manchester and the City fans think he is a really good player that has been unfairly treated but, they dont care cos they will buy someone else. Same goes for Ohnuha(?)

Maybe I am just judging him on his performances against us, i remember pissing myself laughing at how pathetic he played against us at thier place last season and when I tried to take the mickey out of one of the Mancs on the ship he just agreed with me and said he was good at first but hasnt done anything for the last 2 years

Maybe I am just judging him on his performances against us, i remember pissing myself laughing at how pathetic he played against us at thier place last season and when I tried to take the mickey out of one of the Mancs on the ship he just agreed with me and said he was good at first but hasnt done anything for the last 2 years

SSN has reported that Moyes has already made contact with Petrov and held talks. Petrov wants to stay in the northwest.

Good signing for a free. 3 signings so far and 2 of them are free, with Mucha and Beckford. Shrewd business by Moyesy!

I would be happy with Petrov.

I cant say that I would be really bothered wether we got him or not.

He was absolutely awful for City last season and so it is no real surprise that City

have binned him

I think he has been very unlucky at City, dropped to accomodate Robinho. He scored 5 goals in 20 games and not all were 90 mins and some were sub appearances. Given continuity and the opportunity to develop an understanding with Baines he could become a very good player for us, extremely quick which would give us the ability to push the defending team deeper which will allow the likes of Saha to drop deep, hold up play and bring Arteta into an advanced position. Free signing, no brainer. Prefer him to Joe Ledley who lacks pace.

I think he has been very unlucky at City, dropped to accomodate Robinho. He scored 5 goals in 20 games and not all were 90 mins and some were sub appearances. Given continuity and the opportunity to develop an understanding with Baines he could become a very good player for us, extremely quick which would give us the ability to push the defending team deeper which will allow the likes of Saha to drop deep, hold up play and bring Arteta into an advanced position. Free signing, no brainer. Prefer him to Joe Ledley who lacks pace.

Good comments with 2 flaws:

"Given continuity and the opportunity to develop an understanding with Baines he could become a very good player" - would take 1 season to get the best of the partnership, by which time he is 32.

"extremely quick" - his pace will be on the decline and unless he is like Giggs, he wont be much use in 2 years time.

Despite all that, completely agree that this is a no brainer. Better goals to game ratio that Pienaar and will be lookin to enjoy his last couple of years at the top.

Good comments with 2 flaws:

"Given continuity and the opportunity to develop an understanding with Baines he could become a very good player" - would take 1 season to get the best of the partnership, by which time he is 32.

"extremely quick" - his pace will be on the decline and unless he is like Giggs, he wont be much use in 2 years time.

Despite all that, completely agree that this is a no brainer. Better goals to game ratio that Pienaar and will be lookin to enjoy his last couple of years at the top.

lol Looking to enjoy his last pay day more like

lol Looking to enjoy his last pay day more like

if he was moving to any other club than ours i may agree, however if we sign him i think it would be a sign of him wanting to enjoy his football. Noone comes to Everton looking for a pay-day...

Edited by galacticaracnid

I wouldnt say no. I dont he is a particularly great player but he can certainly do a job.

One thing is for sure I wouldnt offer him too much in terms of wages (i.e. not up there with our top earners).

Id definately like to bring Onouha in with him though!

I'd like to see Petrov here, whether Pienaar goes or not. For a start as mentioned at length he's a free signing, so he can't hurt our transfer kitty, however many bottle caps and alf pogs it may consist of. Secondly, we are desperate for some strength in depth, given last season's injury crisis, we know however well we recover we can't mount a serious champions league challenge without consistency thorughout the squad should things go awry.

Thirdly and most importantly, Petrov is not a bad player. He dips in and out of form like any player, but he has good attacking quality and a wealth of experience, and he'll hardly be another van der meyde signing, as we already know he can handle the premier league. I honestly don't see a downside to this potetntial transfer, and if Pienaar was to go, hey ho, we have an extra 12 million to roll into 2 shrewd signings or 1 great signing.

I'm with you Duncan mate. I can't say I am getting excited about him. When I have seen him he blows more cold than hot. If he gets disheartened because he has to make way for the big boys, as some have suggested, then he has the wrong attitude,he should be busting a gut when he gets the opportunity to get a regular start. I have seen City attacking, lose the ball and he just stands there bemoaning with his hands on his hips, constantly offside and little work rate. If he comes I would gladly enjoy being proven wrong but not for me.

Guest blueboy122

that article from skysports is a load of rubbish, why would a player have a medical if he wasnt convinced about the offer? surely the player and his agent do the deal with the figures etc and then the player has the medical to conclude the deal, i have never heard of a transfer where a player has a medical before terms are agreed, never mind if the player is convinced about the club.

that article from skysports is a load of rubbish, why would a player have a medical if he wasnt convinced about the offer? surely the player and his agent do the deal with the figures etc and then the player has the medical to conclude the deal, i have never heard of a transfer where a player has a medical before terms are agreed, never mind if the player is convinced about the club.

That's a lot less fucked up than a club getting a work permit for a player when they don't even know if that player wants to come and play for them ;).

Guest blueboy122

well thats a lot less fucked than saying we have agreed a deal with a player, but his agent has never heard of us haha.................. EVER BANEGA