IGNORED

Everton V Everton (chile)

paulcat1988

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Felliani back, Magaye Gueye looks like he might turn out to be another Moyesy gem, Beckford looks pretty decent so far - he's making some good runs and, more importantly, is scoring goals. Coleman is a beast, and I think he'll feature a lot more this season. All in all, I'm looking forward to the next match and more so for the start of the season. COYB

was there last night and what a great feeling the game had, from the Rouleteras to Halsy, it was made extra special by the end 'ceremony' for them both, it was great :)

Beckford looks really lively, on and off the ball.

Coleman was class, he needs to start some prem games, his defensive work isnt up to Hibbertoni's standard but fuck me hes direct!

Part from the goal, Bily did fuck all, never tracking back or making runs, wats that guys problem?

Also Pienaar, minus the freekick, all his passes and plays didnt come to light, heads not there boys...its worrying!

Gueye is going to suprise a few of you, he looks really sharp, quick, neat touch, can take set-pieces, tenacious (;)) and has an awesome peg!!

Everyone else played pretty well, cahill as you know should have scored a brace, Osman looked good, Arteta is class personified, Rodwell, Jags n Yobo did ok even Hibbert played alright :)

I know these guys werent top draw but they were a nice test for us, and im really lookin forward to the new season, our team looks good in size and in every position we have options!! Just hope Davey knows what to do with them lol ta.

Really enjoyed the game last night, lots of positives to take from it as well. Beckford put the work in and got his reward, Bily played well for the first time in pre-season, Gueye yet again looked promising and Coleman again showed his potential. Add to that a return for Felli who looked alot sharper than I had anticipated.

Really hope we keep this fixture up.

Very good game, very very impressed yet again with Beckford. He is out to prove everyone he can cut it in the Premiership.

Now my hands up moment, I sat in the Park End cheering when Felli was warming up and then when he took out one of their players in the middle of the park. :lol: Oh well, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder.

How good was Coleman too, he gets better every game. Gueye also, looks like Saha reincarnated.

Have to say though that Baxter seems to have lost his appeal with all the other youngsters we have and look way off pace.

Very good game, very very impressed yet again with Beckford. He is out to prove everyone he can cut it in the Premiership.

Now my hands up moment, I sat in the Park End cheering when Felli was warming up and then when he took out one of their players in the middle of the park. :lol: Oh well, I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder.

How good was Coleman too, he gets better every game. Gueye also, looks like Saha reincarnated.

Have to say though that Baxter seems to have lost his appeal with all the other youngsters we have and look way off pace.

he's never stood out really if you ask me...granted he is only a kid but doesn't look good enough yet..i'd send him out on loan

and as for felli i can't wait to see him do that to greek boy :lol:

baxter needs to play inside same as ossie hes not a winger hes good at pass and move....what can you do if you only get ten minutes play...he must be frustated that we have lots of midfielders,hope he doesnt leave.

I agree although Im not sure whether he will be up to the physical side of it? I actually thought he did alright in the few minutes he was on, playing a couple of decent passes and he looked very confident on the ball. I definitely think he could do with going on loan and getting some proper game time. Im definitely going to keep faith with him for the time being! It must be hard being labelled the next big thing at such a young age...

Another fine pre-season performance whuch should have resulted in a landslide score, yet perversely because of the occasion, many were grateful it wasn't. An excellent evening all round, a really good pre-season attendance and a game that could have languished but turned out to be quite competitive. I was pleased to see the match marked with the a little award ceremony to acknowledge how the game came about, nice touch. Having said that an even nicer touch would have been to offer the 200 hundred or so CD Everton supporters the chance to have their own walk around the pitch to receive the applause of the crowd for making the effort to travel and provide some decent chanting and trying to create an atmosphere. The chanting of both sets of supporters of 'Everton...Everton...Everton...' will probably never be heard again.

Greg O'Keeffe...

"To their credit, CD Everton brought 171 travelling supporters with them from South America – which is nine more than Fulham brought to Goodison last season!" :lol:

Like this also....did Everton TV pick it up....if they did I must have been looking the other way :mellow: .

"Highlights included.....the sight of an injured Chilean player doing a ‘half lap of honour’ after been substituted through injury, high-fiving his way past the fans in the Gwladys Street."

Greg O'Keeffe...

"To their credit, CD Everton brought 171 travelling supporters with them from South America – which is nine more than Fulham brought to Goodison last season!" :lol:

Like this also....did Everton TV pick it up....if they did I must have been looking the other way :mellow: .

"Highlights included.....the sight of an injured Chilean player doing a ‘half lap of honour’ after been substituted through injury, high-fiving his way past the fans in the Gwladys Street."

Yes!!! I was right, said to my dad on the night that it looks like they bought more fans than Fulham did and i was spot on...woop woop. :lol: