IGNORED

Yobo Says He Was Under "intense Pressure" At Everton

Louis

Don't see how he would have been under more or less pressure than any of our other internationals.

TC's been the most controversial in terms of club/country conflict but he seems to have coped OK.

Just sounds to me like he's making out he was squeezed out whereas the truth is he wasn't good enough for the first team any more.

Sour grapes.

Didnt he have a falling out with DM ?, I think the manager made it clear that he would prefer Yobo not to attend an international, but he went against the managers wishes.

I think thats the pressure he was talking about, and the reason he was frozen out. Tho i may be wrong. :)

Didnt he have a falling out with DM ?, I think the manager made it clear that he would prefer Yobo not to attend an international, but he went against the managers wishes.

I think thats the pressure he was talking about, and the reason he was frozen out. Tho i may be wrong. :)

He may well have had a falling out with Davey but players go off on international duty all the time when their clubs would rather they didn't.

He's trying to make people think that he was "frozen out" because the alternative reason is that he wasn't good enough.

I've no doubt at all that if he was the best option at CB he'd have been played. But he wasn't.

Not good enough....can't accept it so invents (or embellishes) another scenario to make himself look good. Psychology for beginners :P .

I think the falling out over that was because he didn't play for us but then went and played for Nigeria.

There was also an incident in one of the midweek home games, cant remember which one, when Ossie was substituted and tried to pass the armband to Yobo and he snubbed him and wouldnt take it.

he got hauled off and then missed the next few games with "an injury" before going off to play for Nigeria

Yeah, i remember it now that you mentioned it, he's certainly not been flavour of the month since. :crying smiley:

i dont believe that, as mike said, TC manages it with no problems.

yobo was vice captain for years, he just wasnt good enough anymore.

he should be careful what he says though, he is still an everton player.

Wether you believe it or not it did happen

Its not a third hand story I witnessed it with my own eyes as did everybody else at Goodison that night