IGNORED

Injuries

Not saying there arent great examples where young kids have held up.

But for every one that handled it there is also one bright prospect that didn't and dissapeared.

Thats has nothing to do with how good they are and as a club that cant afford to just buy another one, we have a responsibility to look after them correctly.

I coach under 16 lads myself and have to follow strict guidlines. I can see the difficulties that young people face when it comes to pressure and confidence.

It's not always about the club but also a young persons future. Some of these kids are exstremely gifted and have worked very hard for thier oppurtunity, our manager has a responsibility to make sure they get the chance they deserve.

We sometimes forget how fragile mental strenght can be, while also forgetting that depression is an illness and not something that you can just " give yourself a kick up the butt and get over it " ....thats a comment i used to use before it happened to someone very close and i learnt more about it.

I have seen way too many promising young people be destroyed by confidence.

On the other note though.

Damn i am absolutely distraught! i really thought 7th could give us a place.

I understand what you are saying, and I obviously dont know how good the team you manage are, but to make it in the Premier League you have to be mentally tough enough to believe in your ability. If one bad game means that in ruins the rest of your career then unfortunately that player was never going to make it in the first place.

For what its worth, I wouldnt play Garbutt against Man Utd. Neville is a viable option and given that we are likely to sit back and get rodgered by the United attack it probably isnt the game we want him in because he wont learn that much, and neither will we. There are better opportunities in the remaining games to get him up to speed with the league and I think Moyes would be foolish to pass up on that possibility.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't think there is any way that Jags could be considered for the Arsenal game if there is any doubt over his fitness, it would be too much of a risk. I love Jags but I'd rather he sit this one out and get himself right for Cardiff. Stones should get the nod.

He is the best defender at the club and Arsenal is the biggest game of the season so if he is fit he plays

Agreed but it depends what the definition of 'fit' is. We only need to look back at the Liverpool game to see what can happen. Although the player may be passed 'fit' that it doesn't necessarily mean they should be playing.

When we have played them the last couple of times at the Emirates Jags has been an absolute rock. If he does play I want him to be able to go full pelt nothing less. I know he is the captain and will want to play but we need to think longer term than just the game on Saturday.

I'd hate to see him be included, be running at less than 100% and then be injured for another few weeks.

Agreed but it depends what the definition of 'fit' is. We only need to look back at the Liverpool game to see what can happen. Although the player may be passed 'fit' that it doesn't necessarily mean they should be playing.

When we have played them the last couple of times at the Emirates Jags has been an absolute rock. If he does play I want him to be able to go full pelt nothing less. I know he is the captain and will want to play but we need to think longer term than just the game on Saturday.

I'd hate to see him be included, be running at less than 100% and then be injured for another few weeks.

Spot on. Along with a defeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbh, I'd rather McAleny be given a chance towards the end of the season over someone who won't be here next season.

I completely agree with you with one caveat; us having Europe secured. If we are out of the running for 4th and have a top 6 spot secured, then definitely let the youth players get some games in. Although we haven't seen much of Traore, I have to assume he's better than McAleny.

I just watched the RM pre-Newcastle press conference and Jags is fit and ready to go so he could play for the Newcastle game. Unfortunately he said Pienaar has a cartilage problem with his knee (he left the FA cup Arsenal game because of it) and will be out a couple more weeks with his return date the Crystal Palace match.

That really sucks to be honest, i think we're missing his creativity and movement, such a bummer. Get well Stevie P