IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Have no problem with that, think it's become tokenism in most cases particularly in lower league games. Applaud the sentiment behind it all but online racism has, if anything, increased since it started so it's plainly not helping. Love to see another way to get the message across but not sure what that could be.

11 minutes ago, pete0 said:

As long as it doesn’t further slow the game down I couldn’t careless if we get refs comments or not, but can’t help feeling some things are just not needed and don’t help the game. 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

As long as it doesn’t further slow the game down I couldn’t careless if we get refs comments or not, but can’t help feeling some things are just not needed and don’t help the game. 

Could go either way. Be brilliant if they do it like other sports which has helped refs gain more respect by explaining their decisions.

Or given the current lot of refs in football they'll use it to garner even more attention for themselves.

39 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Could go either way. Be brilliant if they do it like other sports which has helped refs gain more respect by explaining their decisions.

Or given the current lot of refs in football they'll use it to garner even more attention for themselves.

Maybe I’m to old school and need to move with the times, it’s like not putting the flag up for an offside understand when it’s close don’t flag and let the move play out, but when it’s clearly offside by a yard or more flag and stop the game what’s to be gained by carrying on. 

15 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think it would be brilliant. Would force players to be more respectful and would stop any influencing of refs I think

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

Seems to be because he sacrificed wages too as he’s only paid if he officiated games. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Seems to be because he sacrificed wages too as he’s only paid if he officiated games. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/11/italian-referee-banned-from-football-for-one-year-after-headbutting-goalkeeper

In Italy the ref got a full year ban. Pardew got 7 as a manager. For me a referee should be held at a higher account than a manager as they have less emotion invested. 

Watching the clip he's far too hotheaded. The striker is no where near as abusive as claimed because before he can even fully moan the ref is fronting him. Just didn't like getting his authority questioned and if he can't handle that he should be a referee.