IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Chelsea and Poch are no more!

Bit of a weird one IMO. Yes they've been laughably shit all season, but in the past month or two he actually turned it round and delivered Europe - not too far from where you'd expect them to have been at the start of the season. 

It almost feels like as they've turned a corner, they've binned him off. 

Weird for Poch now too, burned his bridges with Spurs to manage their rivals for a return of absolutely nothing. Not to mention that IMO his reputation has taken a bit of a battering considering he's now effectively failed at both PSG & Chelsea since leaving Tottenham.

That said, wouldn't be surprised to see him now reunite with Kane at Bayern considering they're crying out for a manager. Also wouldn't surprise me to see Tuchel do the opposite.

44 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Bit of a weird one IMO. Yes they've been laughably shit all season, but in the past month or two he actually turned it round and delivered Europe - not too far from where you'd expect them to have been at the start of the season. 

It almost feels like as they've turned a corner, they've binned him off. 

Weird for Poch now too, burned his bridges with Spurs to manage their rivals for a return of absolutely nothing. Not to mention that IMO his reputation has taken a bit of a battering considering he's now effectively failed at both PSG & Chelsea since leaving Tottenham.

That said, wouldn't be surprised to see him now reunite with Kane at Bayern considering they're crying out for a manager. Also wouldn't surprise me to see Tuchel do the opposite.

I think he's walked out for that reason and why the club haven't stopped him.

In a bit of good news for those of us in this part of the world...

ESPN announced that they've reached a deal to keep the FA Cup on their airwaves through the 2027/28 tournament. All 79 matches produced by the FA each season will stream exclusively on ESPN+. They will also air the Community Shield match at the start of each season.

23 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

Former Wolves manager Julen Lopetegui named as David Moyes' replacement at West Ham.

Bayern Munich close to a deal to hire Burnley manager Vincent Kompany as Thomas Tuchel's replacement.

First I can kinda understand, second is bizarre.

9 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

In what seems like an inevitability, Ten Hag is reportedly out whether or not Manchester United win the FA Cup tomorrow. 

Many manager sackings are baffling and/or undeserved, in this case the only oddity is that it's not happened sooner.

Saw that before. Beeb is getting desperate 

BBC Sport sent the questionnaire to supporters’ groups of the 15 Premier League clubs who had details about their season ticket prices for 2024/25.

The number of respondents from each club varied. The results therefore do not represent the league as a whole.

Fans of Manchester United (548), Brentford (444) and Newcastle (126) were the most common respondents. Sheffield United (8), Liverpool (15) and Fulham (22) received the fewest number of responses.

17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Do we think every time he's mentioned, the BBC will use the moniker 'former Burnley manager' - as we've heard endlessly for over a year?

Former Man City defender.

17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Do we think every time he's mentioned, the BBC will use the moniker 'former Burnley manager' - as we've heard endlessly for over a year?

Am I missing something? He only just left Burnley, so how can he have been their former manager for more than a year?:huh:

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Am I missing something? He only just left Burnley, so how can he have been their former manager for more than a year?:huh:

We've heard consistently from the Beeb, ever since he joined Everton (over a year ago now), that Sean Dyche is "former Burnley manager". Will this term be used to describe Vincent Kompany from the day he starts work at Bayern Munich and continue for a year or more?

Apologies if I was confusing.

They're good at trying to gain votes with policies that will never have to be enforced.

They can't really go into the election saying, "Vote for us! We have no policies because we're not going to win...b-b-b-but we make nice cheese sandwiches, so we'll make you one if you vote for us. But only if we win...which we won't...make your own bloody sandwiches then:mad:".