IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I know it's coming from the fans but I can't see a new owner having him in their thinking.

I hope you're right. Our previous owners in recent history haven't exactly got me convinced that owners know what they're doing when it comes to us :lol:

6 hours ago, Matt said:

But you know it's coming right? New owner wanting to engage with the fans, thinks Moyes is a "fans favourite" and what better way leave Goodison yadda yadda yadda

Tell them to do one, Moyes chose to leave. End of.

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

They've (West Ham) conceded 70 goals this season and have only picked up 4 more points than us despite having a much better squad.

He (Moyes) can fuck right off and so can anyone suggesting him to come back.

Three things, Romey.

This is the real world, not some manager game where one controls everything on and off the pitch.

A much better squad? Not really, but a squad with more depth.

And please don't tell everyone here to fuck off if they should suggest for Moyes return. I think all here are cabable to have their own opinion.

Go play your footie manager game instead.

2 hours ago, Sev said:

Three things, Romey.

This is the real world, not some manager game where one controls everything on and off the pitch.

A much better squad? Not really, but a squad with more depth.

And please don't tell everyone here to fuck off if they should suggest for Moyes return. I think all here are cabable to have their own opinion.

Go play your footie manager game instead.

So a better squad than ours then, thanks for the clarification.

They are indeed, and my opinion is that they should fuck off with that opinion.

And I don't play footy manager games but I'm pretty sure you can't tell people to fuck off in it, unfortunately. If I could I definitely would though.

Hope that helps, Sev.

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Confirmed he's leaving West Ham...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c90z7w94wy4o

Would be a big backward step if we we took him back imo.

It undoubtedly would be. Their fans want rid of him despite winning them a trophy because of the football he has them playing - it's boring. He's got some quality attacking players there so there really isn't an excuse and I can understand them wanting him out.

If Dyche is lucky enough to be here when we can be doing the same and bringing in quality players and he still had us playing the football we are now then I'd want him gone too.

Moyes will always be Moyes, he's not going to change now.

The sky 6 media crying outrage that West Ham are letting Moyes go.  He won a pub team European trophy and with the players he's got they should be pushing top 4.... I totally get why they are changing him.  Good luck to them.

he will get the gig at whichever club bins their manager next season for a poor run of games - probably us. 

11 hours ago, Matt said:

I kinda agree but he has actually won something since he left which is more than we can say :crying:

The "also ran" cup, the European trophy for teams not good enough to qualify for the second level of European competition, "primarily contested by teams from the lower ranked UEFA member associations" Formed to give those teams, "a chance of progressing beyond their customary elimination from the CL and EL".

Not the most prestigious pot to win really. 

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

The "also ran" cup, the European trophy for teams not good enough to qualify for the second level of European competition, "primarily contested by teams from the lower ranked UEFA member associations" Formed to give those teams, "a chance of progressing beyond their customary elimination from the CL and EL".

Not the most prestigious pot to win really. 

Remind me how many Mickey mouse cups we've won...

:P

A win is a win, just like a trophy is a trophy. Some are indeed more prestigious than others but when we've got none, we cant really criticise.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

A win is a win, just like a trophy is a trophy. Some are indeed more prestigious than others but when we've got none, we cant really criticise.

True enough. If we won it I'd be happy; but it's not "open bus civic reception" stuff, that would be embarrassing.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

So a better squad than ours then, thanks for the clarification.

They are indeed, and my opinion is that they should fuck off with that opinion.

And I don't play footy manager games but I'm pretty sure you can't tell people to fuck off in it, unfortunately. If I could I definitely would though.

Hope that helps, Sev.

Farts like me need all the help we can get, you know.

Never too old to roleplay. I tell a lot to fuck off when I play PES 2017... yes, I'm a dinosaur.

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I could never get into PES myself. Always a FIFA man.

Used to play only FIFA myself, but PES 2017 I really like better. Oh, one can edit the shit out of everything ... who'd thought that Howard is only 22 Years old...

7 hours ago, Matt said:

It doesn’t look good but we can criticise 😁

I hope they do, I was brought up with Ref’s making mistakes and although shit when it went against you it was easier to accept. Now we have a video ref who can stop the game to tell the ref he had missed something or a goal he gave should be struck off or vice versa, and then it’s proven the original decision was right and the video ref got it wrong, now that completely whines me up and can ruin my weekend 

15 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I hope they do, I was brought up with Ref’s making mistakes and although shit when it went against you it was easier to accept. Now we have a video ref who can stop the game to tell the ref he had missed something or a goal he gave should be struck off or vice versa, and then it’s proven the original decision was right and the video ref got it wrong, now that completely whines me up and can ruin my weekend 

The frustrating thing is just the inconsistency of it all. Watching Brighton/Chelsea now. Ref gives a pen, called to look at the monitor and it clearly wasn't a pen, ref rescinds it. THAT'S how it should work.

Unfortunately there's too many twats out there who can't properly manage the system, plus there's still so much gray area when it comes to what's a pen, what's a handball, etc. 

The only thing I'd keep is the offside technology.

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

The frustrating thing is just the inconsistency of it all. Watching Brighton/Chelsea now. Ref gives a pen, called to look at the monitor and it clearly wasn't a pen, ref rescinds it. THAT'S how it should work.

Unfortunately there's too many twats out there who can't properly manage the system, plus there's still so much gray area when it comes to what's a pen, what's a handball, etc. 

The only thing I'd keep is the offside technology.

But that’s the problem what we thought hasn’t always panned out the way we were told it would happen. I think I’d prefer to believe that refs and line’s persons will make genuine mistakes with decisions rather than deliberately make a bad call for any other reason. 
But the video ref should have no reason to get things wrong he has all the tools in front of him to make the right decision yet somehow they manage to mess up.  

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

I don't think they will, it just needs to be operated properly.

Maybe a time limit, if the VAR can't see something clear and obvious in thirty seconds, the on field decision stands.

Never understood why it's not 10s to look at it. If it's "clear and obvious" then 10s is more than enough.