IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yet another fuck up by the officials tonight to allow Luton’s equaliser against Burnley.

Keepers are too protected but this was a blatant foul in my opinion. Well done ref and VAR. 

Completely agree, ridiculous decision, clear and obvious error if ever I saw one.

• 3 weeks later...

2026 World Cup final to be held at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. It was between that stadium and AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX to determine who was going to host the final. The opening match of the tournament will be on June 11, 2026 with Mexico hosting the match at Estadio Azteca. Canada's opening match will be the next day at BMO Field in Toronto with the U.S. opening match that same day at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA.

All three of the U.S. group stage matches will be on the west coast with the first and last matches in Inglewood and the 2nd match in Seattle.

Canada's other two group stage matches will be in Vancouver. Mexico will also have its three group stage matches on their own home soil.

In order to reduce travel and account for the varying climates in each area, they have divided the venues into three regions:

-East (Atlanta, Miami, Toronto, Boston, Philadelphia, New York/New Jersey)
-Central (Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey, Houston, Dallas, Kanas City)
-West (Vancouver, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles)

Teams will have a full three days of rest for nearly every match with the lone exception being the teams that play in the third-place match. Stadiums will be assigned to groups rather than individual fixtures in order to reduce travel for competing teams in the group stage though the sides that finish at the top of the group will have less demanding travel schedules than the teams that finish 2nd or 3rd in each group once they get to the knockout stage. FIFA will also look at heat and humidity readings in order to determine what time of day the matches will be held.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Blue cards... fucking hell, sort out the shit officiating and terrible use of VAR before you bring in yet more nonsense that will be misused and cause chaos.

Thick. As. Fuck. That's what the people who are running the game are.

Took me a minute without a link :lol:

https://news.sky.com/story/footballs-rulemakers-set-to-introduce-blue-cards-for-sin-bins-13066916

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Blue cards... fucking hell, sort out the shit officiating and terrible use of VAR before you bring in yet more nonsense that will be misused and cause chaos.

Thick. As. Fuck. That's what the people who are running the game are.

Honestly the thing I'm most upset about is the choice of blue. Really?? This is the best we could come up with??

Was really hoping for maybe an ochre or taupe. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2024 at 03:04, Romey 1878 said:

The FA Cup should be on free to air TV (I know it say they'll share it but it won't be all the games obviously).

No way I'm paying for their shit coverage, so it'll be streaming all the way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/feb/15/tnt-sports-agrees-four-year-deal-for-live-fa-cup-coverage-from-2025-26-season

We only get it on streaming here in the states through ESPN+. I have ESPN+ anyway as my college alma mater has their stuff streaming through though I only mainly watch them during American football season in the fall. 

17 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

We only get it on streaming here in the states through ESPN+. I have ESPN+ anyway as my college alma mater has their stuff streaming through though I only mainly watch them during American football season in the fall. 

I'm not talking legal streaming that you pay for.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68304137

Can't wait to be told that gambling is fine again...

FFS..... most people gamble cos they think there is a way to beat the bookies.  The bookies tempt them to believe it's possible

The bookies are the biggest drug dealers on the planet...... always in someone's face tempting them with the much craved endorphin buzz that   their brain is dominating every living thought. 

The cheeky bastards advertise themselves with gamble responsibly...... fuck off!  As a person who used to drink a lot I watch tv soaps and get agitated by the "responsible drinkers" who pop to the pub at lunch and have a beer and go back to work.  Promoting responsible "drug use" to people with addiction is torture.  You may as well say "you can't do what normal people can do can you, loser" 

this world is fuckin nuts 

And unfortunately we support the disease as does the whole of football. 
Football needs to take a leaf out of F1s book and get rid of all advertising as happened with cigarette advertising, although forced on them by the government, shouldn’t the government force the same legislation on gambling companies. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

And unfortunately we support the disease as does the whole of football. 
Football needs to take a leaf out of F1s book and get rid of all advertising as happened with cigarette advertising, although forced on them by the government, shouldn’t the government force the same legislation on gambling companies. 

Its crazy. Talksport apart from trying to troll Evertonians are the biggest hypocrites going.....

you will get guests on the show talking about their struggles with alcoholism and gambling etc.... loads of fake sympathy and then it cuts to the break and we hear from paddy power.

Next up it's Alan Brazil and Ray Party Parlour discussing their afternoon session on the ale.... Alan Brazil talking about fine champagne and certain beers when the reality of the situation is he would drink a pint of 8% proof warm skol piss if that was the only option. 

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Its crazy. Talksport apart from trying to troll Evertonians are the biggest hypocrites going.....

you will get guests on the show talking about their struggles with alcoholism and gambling etc.... loads of fake sympathy and then it cuts to the break and we hear from paddy power.

Next up it's Alan Brazil and Ray Party Parlour discussing their afternoon session on the ale.... Alan Brazil talking about fine champagne and certain beers when the reality of the situation is he would drink a pint of 8% proof warm skol piss if that was the only option. 

If you look at the advertising of Paddy Power, Sky Bet, Bet 365, and others, they are now trying to claim betting is a fun activity to shared, and have fun with friends while engaging in. 
To portray gambling sites purely as an entertainment activity is a tactic that shouldn’t be allowed, they are trying to snag the younger generation in the hope of creating the addicts of the future, because they know without the percentage of addicts they need, there business couldn’t exist as the biggest sporting advertisers in the country. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68476722

How does this add up? Villa lost £119m last season it says, and had a tiny £300,000 profit the year before. Looking at their numbers for 20/21 they had a £37m loss...so a total of loss around £156m over the three year period but Villa say they're, "in line with the strategic business plan" and within the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules. Eh?

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How does this add up? Villa lost £119m last season it says, and had a tiny £300,000 profit the year before. Looking at their numbers for 20/21 they had a £37m loss...so a total of loss around £156m over the three year period but Villa say they're, "in line with the strategic business plan" and within the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules. Eh?

I have absolutely no idea and I don't think anyone does tbh :lol:.

41 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They probably got it reduced due to Covid. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Also, they aren't Everton.