IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

• 2 weeks later...

Birmingham sack their manager in October, when sixth in the Championship, to appoint Wayne Rooney. Fifteen games later he's taken them to twentieth in the table, so gets sacked. Hiring "trophy" manager backfires again:lol:

Shame for Wayne, but he doesn't appear to have what it takes.

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Birmingham sack their manager in October, when sixth in the Championship, to appoint Wayne Rooney. Fifteen games later he's taken them to twentieth in the table, so gets sacked. Hiring "trophy" manager backfires again:lol:

After how well he did with Derby under very trying circumstances I thought he'd go on to do well in management. He may still do but the move to Birmingham was wrong for everyone and just didn't make any sense really.

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67858866

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

The owners thought they could make big money by appointing a legendary name as manager, believing that would be a draw. Results are far more important, and they must currently be ruing their stupidity. Meanwhile, Wayne walks away with millions in his pocket, so I don't have too much sympathy.

Which is why Dyche is right for us at the moment.

BBC journalism strikes again:doh:

Sunderland manager Michael Beale, speaking to ITV: "It's special to both sides and special to people in the north east. It's too different teams; one that has been heavily invested in and a young one that is doing well in the Championship."

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I feel like this has been an issue before when these have played so it beggars belief that it's been allowed to happen again.

It's all about ego.... they want to be all grand and true to heritage etc.  absolute joke.

I feel for people who struggle with their vision. 

I can't believe the players haven't kicked off 

JPR Williams gone today too, an absolute monster of a rugby player as well as being a surgeon. Loved watching him as a kid, despite him being Welsh.

(I sometimes wonder if my international sporting allegiance would've been different had my Welsh, very Welsh apparently, Grandfather lived, but he died around twenty years before I was born)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67912287

16 hours ago, MikeO said:

JPR Williams gone today too, an absolute monster of a rugby player as well as being a surgeon. Loved watching him as a kid, despite him being Welsh.

(I sometimes wonder if my international sporting allegiance would've been different had my Welsh, very Welsh apparently, Grandfather lived, but he died around twenty years before I was born)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67912287

He was a huge player for the Lions as well Mike, so Welsh, Scottish, Irish, or English, we can all without any doubt support him without breaking any alliances to our own country, accept Steve because Cornwall aren’t in the group of nations, sorry Steve I just couldn’t resist mate.