IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

It looks as sad as it should to be fair 

I bet Kane is hoping they can't find a place to display it in public and it forever remains in storage.

It's not quite as bad as the Ronaldo one from a few years ago but it's still horrifically bad.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I bet Kane is hoping they can't find a place to display it in public and it forever remains in storage.

It's not quite as bad as the Ronaldo one from a few years ago but it's still horrifically bad.

Hopefully next to the giant cock they've got on their (Spurs) new roof. 

21 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Looks like the next team the Premier League will be fucking is Leicester, and they’re not even in the league :lol:.

Read they will be punished from next season on.

Bit info here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/03/21/leicester-city-face-hefty-points-deduction-next-season-psr/

Seemingly they had a record loss at  £ 92.5 mill. for 2021-22.

4 hours ago, Sev said:

Read they will be punished from next season on.

Bit info here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2024/03/21/leicester-city-face-hefty-points-deduction-next-season-psr/

Seemingly they had a record loss at  £ 92.5 mill. for 2021-22.

And they were one of the clubs that was gunning for us to receive maximum punishment this season 🙃

A couple of good things will hopefully come out of this, players transfer fees and wages come down to considerably too some sort of realistic deal. 
And they may listen to reasonable offers from Dewsbury-hall who I thought looked like a really good player in their recent FA cup game, every cloud as a silver lining. 

On 12/03/2024 at 19:33, MikeO said:

Bought a ticket for Exeter v Newcastle premiership (rugby) match today, been meaning to go for ages and finally got round to it.

Cost of match day travel? £8.49 return on the train...just a tiny bit cheaper than travelling up to Goodison:D

Seriously unimpressed, never again. Atmosphere was shite and found it a real struggle to see what was happening most of the time. Being bloody freezing didn't help, left well before the end.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Seriously unimpressed, never again. Atmosphere was shite and found it a real struggle to see what was happening most of the time. Being bloody freezing didn't help, left well before the end.

Not for you then mate. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Watched sale with work. Full meal and seen players etc - they trained at our place of work. 

its not a patch on footy but drinking in the stands was good 

I know this is something that's been discussed on here but it's still worth looking at. Here's how things look towards the bottom of the table:

14. Crystal Palace 30
15. Brentford 29
16. Everton 27
17. Nottingham Forest 25
18. Luton Town 25
19. Burnley 19
20. Sheffield United 16

And here's who each of those teams have left:
-Palace: Shite away, West Ham and Newcastle at home, Fulham away, Manchester United at home, Wolves away, Villa at home
-Brentford: Sheffield United at home, Luton Town and Everton away, Fulham at home, Bournemouth away, Newcastle at home
-Everton: Chelsea away, Nottingham Forest, Shite, and Brentford at home, Luton Town away, Sheffield United at home, Arsenal away
-Forest: Wolves at home, Everton away, Manchester City at home, Sheffield United away, home vs. Chelsea, Burnley away
-Luton Town: Manchester City away, Brentford at home, Wolves away, Everton at home, West Ham away, Fulham at home
-Burnley: Brighton & Hove Albion at home, Sheffield United and Manchester United away, Newcastle at home, Spurs away, Forest at home
-Sheffield United: Brentford away, Burnley at home, Manchester United and Newcastle away, home vs. Forest, Everton away, home vs. Spurs

So who ends up being the 3 getting relegated among that group?

I know that Palace does have a bit of a cushion but they've struggled for points recently and I know someone else on here mentioned that roughly half their points have come against the bottom 3 sides. I'd argue that Palace's remaining schedule does them no favors.

Goal difference could play a big part on who stays up this season hopefully between Luton and Forest, we should get to safety before the last game of the season which will make the last game of the season enjoyable. 
I’m going with Sheffield, Burnley, and Luton to go down, for me that’s no surprise that the 3 who came up will be the 3 that go down. 
We go on about the gulf between the top 4 or 5 in the league and how it’s getting bigger so less chance of bridging the gap, well I see that divide between the PL and Championship getting bigger so the teams coming up will struggle to stay up. So much for all the years of FFP rules.