IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

Title race is going to be fun down the stretch after today's 1:1 draw at Anfield between the shite and Manchester City. Top 3 of Arsenal, shite, and Manchester City are separated by just one point. Arsenal and shite at 64 points with Arsenal ahead on goal difference. Manchester City at 63 points. Arsenal travels to the Etihad to take on Manchester City on March 31. 

Bought a ticket for Exeter v Newcastle premiership (rugby) match today, been meaning to go for ages and finally got round to it.

Cost of match day travel? £8.49 return on the train...just a tiny bit cheaper than travelling up to Goodison:D

25 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Bought a ticket for Exeter v Newcastle premiership (rugby) match today, been meaning to go for ages and finally got round to it.

Cost of match day travel? £8.49 return on the train...just a tiny bit cheaper than travelling up to Goodison:D

Last time I went to Rugby was a few years ago now, at Bath and at Gloucester, always a great atmosphere with the fans. Have a great time mate. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

The whole sport is about money..... 

it's not difficult to understand the model that works - WWF in the 80/90s.  Hulk hogan was the most marketable money making wrestler they had - he wasn't even good! Just a big lump with a big personality who got kids watching...... they made him champion for years! 

Did they put him in with dull opponents? Nah - they created soap opera narratives, where people tuned in to see the arguments between other big personalities.   

Footy is no different, the money men know who needs to play who in order to generate £££.  It's what we see now, they don't wanna see hulk hogan get toppled by a 6ft1 bloke in white trunks with a short back and sides with no nickname or gimmicks. 

The game is geared towards people who didn't even watch the game 15 years ago- people who watch their team lose on tv and whistle happily through the rest of the day and go on twitter to tell everyone how great their team is. Basically people who aren't arsed. The people who run it aren't arsed! 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours that Forest’s points deduction will be announced tomorrow and it’ll be between 8 and 10 points. 

I would be very surprised if it was over 6 points, having said that I should be used to the fact that really nothing surprises me anymore. 
I still believe we will both be deducted the same amount of points, and our game against Forest will turn into a must win game for both of us.  

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would be very surprised if it was over 6 points, having said that I should be used to the fact that really nothing surprises me anymore. 
I still believe we will both be deducted the same amount of points, and our game against Forest will turn into a must win game for both of us.  

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more because their breach is thought to have been bigger than ours and a deliberate breach too. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s just the 6 points either because it’s clear no one really knows how the fuck to deal with clubs that have breached. 

I am somewhat surprised by the lack of surprise expressed by you two, considering the surprising events of the season. I am, however, not surprised by the surprise you have also expressed about the not-so-surprising events of the said season. For myself, I am equally surprised by own surprise. I think we can all agree it would be very surprising if Everton were to win the next 10 games and marginally less surprising if they lost all 10. After that, things are pretty much in the air.

58 minutes ago, Formby said:

I am somewhat surprised by that lack of surprise expressed by you two, considering the surprising events of the season. I am, however, not surprised by the surprise you have also expressed about the not-so-surprising events of the said season. For myself, I am equally surprised by own surprise. I think we can all agree it would be very surprising if Everton were to win the next 10 games and marginally less surprising if they lost all 10. After that, things are pretty much in the air.

I've never liked surprises, now I like them even less:shakingfist:

1 hour ago, Matt said:

"European Cup was such a success that they implemented a second tier competition known as the UEFA Cup."

Nope, was the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup; and it wasn't started because the EC was successful, they both started at the same time.

Only thirty seconds in and already bollocks, don't think I'll watch any further🙄:P

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Like I said in the Simms thread, I like Coventry. They play good football and deserve to go through - should arguably have had the game won comfortably before the mini-capitulation.

I turned it off after the Wolves goals.

Mistake.