IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

16 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

I initially thought so too. Then realised he has been in the role since September. I am not saying that is enough time - especially with the amount of players he has needed to integrate across both windows but there have been signs that he has just got things plain wrong. Some of the line ups and subs have been baffling.

There are players in that club like aubamayang liking instagram posts that he has been sacked.  One man wrecking machine who destroys a managers control of a team when he doesn’t get his way. 

potter is a well respected coach

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

There are players in that club like aubamayang liking instagram posts that he has been sacked.  One man wrecking machine who destroys a managers control of a team when he doesn’t get his way. 

potter is a well respected coach

No doubt Auba is a disease. And I didn't say Potter wasn't respected.

Arteta was not good in his first year but they had patience and look at them now. Perhaps Potter should have been given more time but he has made not helped himself

I just read that he has agreed a severance package that has nothing to do with his contract (meaning he is not holding them to paying up his contract) - that speaks volumes for the type of guy he is.

36 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

No doubt Auba is a disease. And I didn't say Potter wasn't respected.

Arteta was not good in his first year but they had patience and look at them now. Perhaps Potter should have been given more time but he has made not helped himself

I just read that he has agreed a severance package that has nothing to do with his contract (meaning he is not holding them to paying up his contract) - that speaks volumes for the type of guy he is.

That’s why he was the right manager for them.  Very few of them about with integrity. He should have rinsed them for grief he took. 

• 2 weeks later...

MOTD podcast doing top ten all time PL penalty takers, shortlist attached...

Shearer on the list because he scored more than anyone else (56) but he also missed more than anyone else (11) so with a conversion rate of 83.5% he should be nowhere near; Toney a joke also as he's only been top flight for five minutes so too small a sample to be included imo.

Predictably three ex-Evertonians with a 90%+ rate are omitted, Baines being the most obvious but also Beattie and Speed.

image.png.410ae5294ddf0003913542381a62cffe.png

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

MOTD podcast doing top ten all time PL penalty takers, shortlist attached...

Shearer on the list because he scored more than anyone else (56) but he also missed more than anyone else (11) so with a conversion rate of 83.5% he should be nowhere near; Toney a joke also as he's only been top flight for five minutes so too small a sample to be included imo.

Predictably three ex-Evertonians with a 90%+ rate are omitted, Baines being the most obvious but also Beattie and Speed.

image.png.410ae5294ddf0003913542381a62cffe.png

Unsworth wasn't bad either was he?

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Haven't they committed to spending most of the promotion money on bringing the stadium up to scratch? 

They've committed yes, I believe the challenge is getting the construction done in time for the start of the season.

Oops. Wrexham, recently playing in the National League and with a forward who's 46 years old, just beat the US Women's team 12-0 in a format where the halves are only 20 minutes instead of the usual 45 minutes. Mind you, I wonder whether it would've been that different if they'd played the US Men's team. :) Kudos to the US team's goalie who made at least ten good saves to stop it from being an even bigger rout.

With so much organized sport compared to Britain, you have to wonder why the US is so poor at the national level. My guess is that it's because soccer/football has yet to become one of the big televised sports - and that may be because there are no frequent breaks during which to play commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojb430E55zA

10 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Oops. Wrexham, recently playing in the National League and with a forward who's 46 years old, just beat the US Women's team 12-0 in a format where the halves are only 20 minutes instead of the usual 45 minutes. Mind you, I wonder whether it would've been that different if they'd played the US Men's team. :) Kudos to the US team's goalie who made at least ten good saves to stop it from being an even bigger rout.

With so much organized sport compared to Britain, you have to wonder why the US is so poor at the national level. My guess is that it's because soccer/football has yet to become one of the big televised sports - and that may be because there are no frequent breaks during which to play commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojb430E55zA

Rapinoe still asking for mega bucks